Korean Youth Players Abroad Part II

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by jsk14, Sep 11, 2013.

1. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  2. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
  3. Uranusisnext

Uranusisnext Red Card

Grêmio
    South Korea
    Aug 16, 2018
    1:15 what a two faced bastard

LeeSeungWoo repped this.
  4. edlee1992

edlee1992 Member+

Apr 3, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    10August2012 and nmssis repped this.
  5. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Great thing is that JWY can be called up in every CL group game if they want to. He's one of three reserve team players who have been called up to list A. Chances are still low, but who knows with all of their wingers (Rib/Rob/Gnabry/Coman) being injury prone? :thumbsup:

6. 10August2012

10August2012 Member+

Oct 28, 2012
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Sunnanå SK Skellefteå
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Considering they have an easy group (AEK, Ajax, Benfica), I think that it’s quite likely he’ll see some game time.

7. Uranusisnext

Uranusisnext Red Card

Grêmio
    South Korea
    Aug 16, 2018
    Random but I just noticed LKI unfollowed Son on Instagram lol

8. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Maybe got Son's real insta acct? I get the feeling that the main one is more agent than Son... lol

9. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    Prob got annoyed by 5435453534535453 notifications abt his military exemption.

10. epicurusepicurus

Valencia
    Aug 31, 2018
    Wow, I can't believe I'm just finding out about JWY. Did I miss the hype train or is there a reason he's flown under the radar?

11. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Not sure. Article doesn't really mention about which team he is going to play for. People kept on talking about him meeting Orsic, so I'm hoping that he's with the senior team. But I'm pretty sure he'll be playing for the B team with Kim Hyun-woo and Kim Gyu-hyung.

killaorca repped this.
  12. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    You clearly miased the hype train. We all have big hopes in this guys ;)

13. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    He's one of the youngsters with the biggest potentials in Korea right now :)

14. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    According to Bayern's instagram: The players marked with asterix are on List B, which can be changed before every Matchday. JYW is in List A so he's guaranteed a Champions League spot. Lee Kangin isn't.
    But I don't really think it matters though.

15. epicurusepicurus

Valencia
    Aug 31, 2018
    Just for fun, how would you guys rank the top youths in tiers? I suppose LSW is a safe bet at tier 1 but would you also consider him the only player deserving of the T1 spot?

16. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Lee Kangin. Second tier is Kim Jungmin. Jeong Wooyeong is a mystery because I don't know how good he is in grand scheme of things.

17. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    He's at the very least at Kwon chang hoon's level. Bayern just don't sign a random Korean (after a try out!) then let him walk in the first team after few months for no good reason.

18. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Scouting Report

Technically, Jeong has all of the tools to succeed at the highest level. Although he is considered right-footed, he is more than competent with his weak foot, making him a threat on either wing. When he dribbles, it seems as though the ball is glued to his boot, weaving through defenders at full-speed.

Anybody can beat a defender, but the pacey winger has a surprisingly complete end product for his age. The 18-year-old can manufacture scoring opportunities for himself and does not shy away from the opportunity to bag a goal. He places his shots well and is a threat from distance cutting in from either wing.

In addition to his finishing ability, he possesses a range of passing uncommon for wingers. The young prospect enjoys playing quick one-twos and utilizes a decent amount of flair in doing so. Most significantly, however, he can pick out a long pass and has demonstrated an ability to put in an accurate cross or switch the play in an instant. His passing ability allowed him to slot in in a deeper role against Juventus in the International Champions Cup.

Athletically, he has what all modern attackers need. A combination of speed, acceleration and agility coupled with his technical gifts allow him to beat defenders with pace and trickery. The Korean has demonstrated an ability to beat defenders down the touch-line and cutting inside.

The facet of his game that truly sets him apart is his awareness and work rate. He is ALWAYS moving off the ball, making runs in behind defenders and probing for a whole in the defense. He consistently pops up in dangerous positions in and around the box and his tireless style of play wreaks havoc on opposing defenses. His skill set makes him a threat to make a decisive play at any moment whether it is creating chances or capitalizing on the work of his teammates.

Standing at 5’10’’ with a slight build, Jeong’s only glaring weakness is his strength, which was evident in his first team appearances this preseason as he was muscled off the ball on a several occasions. Despite his relatively slight build, the hot prospect has held his own in the physically grueling Regionaliga thanks to his athleticism, intelligence, and technical ability. As he continues to develop and adjust to a more physical style of play, the Korean youth product has what it takes to make the jump sooner rather than later. It is not outside the realm of possibility to see him in meaningless Bundesliga matches to close the season (if Bayern run away with the league...again) this year.

Although Kingsley Coman, Serge Gnabry and Alphonso Davies will be ahead of him in the pecking order, the departure of Arjen Robben and Franck Ribery will open the door for another winger. If the Bayern brass opt to trust in youth, Wooyeong Jeong may be the beneficiary of this philosophy. If a big money signing arrives as promised, the young winger would benefit from Bundesliga-minutes on loan. The gifted attacker has not flinched in the face of older and more talented competition. If his rise continues at this pace, he could be the perfect addition to the stable of wingers at the Allianz.
    https://www.bavarianfootballworks.c...nich-son-heung-min-youth-prospect-south-korea

19. xavilo

xavilo Member

Apr 1, 2015
    Club:
    Valencia CF
    killaorca repped this.
  20. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
  21. xavilo

xavilo Member

Apr 1, 2015
    Club:
    Valencia CF
    They have a live in the official website, Idk if it works outside Spain
    https://www.goltelevision.com/live

killaorca repped this.
  22. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Trained with the first team on Thursday.

23. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    Sons of Thunder and aeh1991 repped this.
  24. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    I think Lee Kangin scored a pk.

LeeSeungWoo and aeh1991 repped this.
  25. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006