Korean Youth Players Abroad Part II

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by jsk14, Sep 11, 2013.

1. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    LSW and/or PSH should go somewhere with good youth support (especially from the manager).
    Clubs that come to my mind (no matter if realistic or not) are Nice (Favre's amazing), Monaco, Bayer Leverkusen (tho the club sucks atm), Gladbach, RB Salzburg/Leipzig, Hoffenheim, Porto/Benfica/Sporting, Ajax/PSV/Feyenoord, Anderlecht/Brugge or wherever Tuchel ends up.

Out of those I would find Anderlecht or Brugge most interesting for PSH and Nice, the Portuguese trio and Monaco most interesting for LSW.

2. skim172

skim172 Member+

Feb 20, 2013
    An open question: In your opinion, do you think LSW would be better served going to a team with good youth development or to a team where he'd be most likely to get first team playing time?

Clubs like Dortmund obviously are the former, but there's very little chance he plays for their first team anytime soon. I imagine there are some teams who are mid-table or in weaker leagues who'd be interested in at least trying him on their gameday roster. I'm legit curious to see if people think he's ready for that.

3. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    First team football. LCS had basically the same frame and was ahead of the curve at LSW's age.

12th Player repped this.
  4. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    A mix of both. And he can only get first team playing time if that club has good youth development anyway. Clubs that struggle with relegation would rather use experienced players even if LSW would be good enough to start for them.

5. Steven511

Steven511 Member

Jeonbuk FC
    South Korea
    Apr 1, 2017
    Relax man, learn to type coherent sentences. He can play on the LW or right behind the main striker. I didn't mean he would replace Huntelaar, but if he leaves maybe one of the other forwards has more playing time in his spot.

Right now we're only hearing about Dortmund & Schalke by news reports. So by the process of elimination I am hoping he doesn't go to BD so I say I would hope he would go to Schalke instead out of those two. That's my logic. I know you can't think outside the box and need everything spelled out word by word but there's my thought process on the matter.

6. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    Your thought process is shit.

7. jessypjs

jessypjs Member+

May 3, 2010
    Club:
    AS Monaco FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    10August2012 and killaorca repped this.
  8. Sons of Thunder

Sons of Thunder Member+

Jun 27, 2009
    NY State of Mind
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Tbf, him saying nothing would actually be him saying nothing. That he made a public statement on this at all means there's a serious chance of him leaving. He and his agent know the situation with the non-EU slots in Barca B.

Steven511 and killaorca repped this.
  9. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    883665033686679552 is not a valid tweet id

10. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    doubt that he'd have no better chances than Incheon (especially if it's a loan). Maybe was just a visit?

11. TaegukRedDevil

Jan 30, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    This kid needs to be setting his sights on Bundesliga or Eredivisie, not K-league

seolseol repped this.
  12. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Probably, he travels a lot it seems.

13. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    He couldn't even make the bench for a Spanish 3rd division team. Incheon may be the best option he has.

883588211896877056 is not a valid tweet id

Also, with Marlon and Vitinho confirmed for Barcelona B, he has to move in any case, unless this Barcelona C plan actually comes into being.

14. skim172

skim172 Member+

Feb 20, 2013
    Barcelona rule out the idea of creating a C team (Marca)

So he'll have to move now.

15. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    since we're going by BS rumors, this is his best option so far :whistling:

http://www.gazzettadiparma.it/news/...l-nel-mirino-una-stellina-del-barcellona.html

anyways, spanish press says he could leave for free if he wants. if so, not sure why he would choose Incheon over other K league clubs (or in Asia in general) that will want to sign him.

16. edlee1992

edlee1992 Member+

Apr 3, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    885331823579897856 is not a valid tweet id

17. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
  18. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    On further thought I think Ahn June Hyuk on Juv A for Villarreal. Makes sense given trajectory (weird to have Valencia regional team with someone on what is essentially B team)

killaorca repped this.
  19. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Oh I thought he was too old for Juvenil.

20. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I thought so too but I may have misread his age at one point.

killaorca repped this.
  21. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    LSW better get a decent club now he is not a fkcing kid anymore.

22. Saba Risto

Saba Risto Member

Jul 18, 2013
    Club:
    Bayer 04 Leverkusen
    just go somewhere where you can ********ing play. your progress has been in limbo for years now.

killaorca repped this.