Korean Youth Players Abroad Part II

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by jsk14, Sep 11, 2013.

1. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    [​IMG]

The look of disgust. I guess he didn't even get off the bench.

2. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Yup, Lee was an unused sub.

Barcelona Youth 1 - 2 Salzburg Youth FT.

Barcelona was dominant but were punished by poor defending. Jordi Mboula again looked very impressive, and topped his performance with a goal. That's 8 goals and 2 assists in 8 appearances.

Lee ends the tournament with a respectable 2 goals and 2 assists in 7 appearances.

Today's goals:

3. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    He needs to find a team. Cant see him breaking into Barca senior

4. Sons of Thunder

Sons of Thunder Member+

Jun 27, 2009
    NY State of Mind
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Barca should be looking to rebuild soon...but even if Lee were good enough will they look to youth or just keep buying stars?

5. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    if they're were to looking at youth, they'd at least look at B or at worst, stars for their Juv A team. Let's face facts, LSW is a long way off from first team.

6. ConcernedK

ConcernedK Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Club:
    Busan I Park
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Buli. I can see the likes of LSW and PSH starting for Dortmund, etc.

7. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    Apparently he is injured.

8. wrecklesssoldier

Feb 20, 2005
    Unless Pulisic and Dembele are dropped, I cannot see them taking another youth prospect into their starting lineup.

9. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    The future of Korean football lies with sending youth overseas and sending them to Euro leagues. That said LSW is a long way off qualitatively from being anywhere near the senior squad. He's not that fast, is always tested physically on field bc of his size. He has impressive vision and has that Barca knack for angles, passes and field sense. He has to transition to regular playing time with a senior team. Anywhere in Spain or Italy would be fantastic.

10. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    They've been drawing a blank for some time and have been concentrating on buying established players. Tbh, I don't think even their most highly rated player, Alena, would make it.

nmssis repped this.
  11. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    The future of Korean football should be K League graduating players to Euro leagues. Sending kids to Europe at age 18 is already too late & even if one of them works out... it won't change Korean football or KNT.

DrJinh007 and batumchange2 repped this.
  12. 12th Player

12th Player Member+

Nov 3, 2009
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    At this point LSW is going nowhere fast. If I were him, I would settle down and focus on specializing in a role that can play to his strengths and will grow into. He is not fast enough to be a winger nor strong and tall enough to play forward in a top league. He should instead model himself after David Silva or Xavi of old. He may not have their talents, but he has the potential to be a starter for a mid-tier team.

13. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    No Italy for Korean players. It is full of racist ********s.

14. wrecklesssoldier

Feb 20, 2005
    To be fair, Spain isn't that much better either.

15. batumchange2

batumchange2 Member+

South Korea
    May 6, 2015
    Sons of Thunder repped this.
  16. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    Yea the Latin countries are pretty racist against asians inc Spain, Itaky. Makes me laugh when I meet a columbian, Venezuela, or some random SA person and they think theyre better than Koreans.

17. 10August2012

10August2012 Member+

Oct 28, 2012
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Sunnanå SK Skellefteå
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Do you guys see any of the barca boys moving this summer?

18. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    All of them...

killaorca repped this.
  19. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I imagine the only one who might stay is LSW if Barca B get promoted.

20. batumchange2

batumchange2 Member+

South Korea
    May 6, 2015
    jang gyulhee is leaving mostly because he has to but i dont see baek seungho going anywhere. where would he go? b team coach isnt playing him but isnt looking to kick him out neither. only way hed find a new place is if he has a good u20 tournament and makes a name of himself. alternatively if lee seungwoo plays well in the u20 world cup itd just have barcelona holding onto him tighter. different circumstances different motivations

21. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    He's not really been any part of B in a while.

22. Steven511

Steven511 Member

Jeonbuk FC
    South Korea
    Apr 1, 2017
    #2797 Steven511, Apr 26, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
    I disagree, if we don't improve the conditions at home then it won't get better unfortunately. 18 is too old to develop in Europe. I know grass/land is a premium and we don't have pitches everywhere to play, but now that some Koreans have played professionally and retired, hopefully they can become grassroot coaches and help nurture a more proactive football culture. This would require paying coaches a decent wage, not millions obviously but at least a respectable amount to match status in society.

23. Steven511

Steven511 Member

Jeonbuk FC
    South Korea
    Apr 1, 2017
    WTF...does this imply that you think Koreans are better than them? Come on dude, the straw goes both ways. I have a Nigerian friend and if we're not in Itaewon/Busan/Seoul I feel embarassed at times at the levels of ignorance..

The rest of the world respects USA/CAN/AUS/UK because even though they're not perfect, they're still the most tolerant/free/open societies. They're lots of Koreans in these countries too. The most backward societies are the most intolerant/ignorant. Let's make Korea a loving place.

For example, if a really ugly girl thinks she's better looking than another hot girl, as a 3rd party it doesn't matter what they say, you have your own opinion.

If someone from Latin America, like in your example,thought they were better than USA/white people as a 3rd party you'd probably think in your head "no...". but if they thought they were better than africa you might think "maybe/yea" even if someone from Africa was defending it saying that they're better. (i'm not agreeing with this, just example) We don't make decisions based on other people, we have our own opinions.

If people do think they're better than us, we wouldn't feel the need to justify anything.No one would say their country's military is more powerful than Usa/China/Russia/etc. bc everyone already knows, you'd look stupid for saying otherwise. The fact that we do means either we think there is a possibility or we want to change their minds to our way of thinking. Not going to work. If there are flaws in Korean society, we should change them so everyone respects our society without us having to say anything like Usa/uk/etc.

24. 12th Player

12th Player Member+

Nov 3, 2009
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    I appreciate your long post but I am not sure what it has anything to do with soccer...just saying.

G0ALL and Sons of Thunder repped this.
  25. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    sorry if this is repost...just came across it.