Klinsi rejection: the real reason according to ESPN espanol this morning

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by MightyMouse, Dec 8, 2006.

1. Heist

Heist Member+

Jun 15, 2001
    Virginia
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Except that its not like having the best record in the NFL at all.
    http://www.concacaf.com/competitions/champscup/viewArticle.asp?id=3577

2. bltleo

bltleo Member+

Jan 5, 2003
    GERMANY
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I was right second time when I said that Klinsi might come back to Germany someday..

I was right!!! Klinsi thinks about possible future in Germany, he can imagine to work and live here someday...

GOOD NEWS....I WAS RIGHT...I believed in Klinsi and he did not disappoint me.

even my schwabian Klinsi

here report:

http://www.spiegel.de/sport/fussball/0,1518,454222,00.html

"In den familiären Zukunftsplänen spielt eine Rückkehr nach Deutschland ebenfalls eine Rolle. Die Entscheidung macht er aber von seinen Kindern abhängig. "Vielleicht wollen die ja mal in Deutschland studieren. Das wird dann spannend, das Land wiederzuentdecken; durch die Augen der Kinder. Ja, das wäre faszinierend", sagte Klinsmann."

Klinsi like life in California but it is visible how much he like Germany. He miss even Germany.

who knows maybe he will come to Bayern Munich..

I hope Kaiser will persuade him!!!!

Klinsi come back!!!!!!!

3. spooky76

spooky76 New Member

Nov 6, 2006
    Berlin
    I`m looking forward to the whole interview. I should have "Die Zeit" in my mail tomorrow morning! :)
    However, you should calm down, bltleo, it will probably take a LONG time until he moves back to Germany, if he does at all! ;) His kids are not about to go to University anytime soon! ;)

4. bltleo

bltleo Member+

Jan 5, 2003
    GERMANY
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    ach, he will come sooner as you think
    ..before his kids go to University..

keep in mind: Klinsi is always a lot of surprise.....maybe he will coach Bayern Munich or Geman NT in 2014 and win world cup !!!

here from Kicker
    http://www.kicker.de/fussball/intligen/startseite/artikel/358972/

he will surprise us again

5. Zoidberg

Zoidberg Member+

Jun 23, 2006
    http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns/story?id=395482&root=us&cc=5901

Read and learn young ones. Read and learn.:)

Oh yeah. read the part about the candidate not being sure, so they ask for the moon. Make it impossible for me to say no by giving me the world.

Standard business negotiating procedure when you are being courted, but you are happy with your life and position, and don't have to have that spot, or love your current one.

Learn the lesson for the future.

6. MightyMouse

MightyMouse BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 19, 2003
    Island paradise east of the mainland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Damnit Klinsmann...

On to the next candidate, we'll take Germay down for this now!!!

(I dunno, we need just that little more motivation to kick some Euro ass now, just about anything helps... haha!)

7. bltleo

bltleo Member+

Jan 5, 2003
    GERMANY
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I told you I will take my Klinsi back:)...I don´t allow him to coach any other team except Germany or german clubs

once Schwabian, always Schwabian - even Klinsi!

P.S.

Jürgen, ich liebe Dich!!!:)

8. scarshins

scarshins Member

Jun 13, 2000
    fcva
    Darn Schwabs.

9. Albirrojo

Albirrojo Member

Aug 27, 2004

I figured, that in Germany, that they'd welcome the no-hiring as good news; and if the roles were reversed, so would we.

http://www.bild.t-online.de/BTO/spo...nsmann-deutschland/klinsmann-deutschland.html

Interview; being the headline story at this redtop today; for anyone wishing to try their language abilities.

10. spooky76

spooky76 New Member

Nov 6, 2006
    Berlin
    I think "Die Zeit" will have the complete interview online in a few days
    (http://www.zeit.de ). Maybe than someone wants to translate the whole thing!

11. bltleo

bltleo Member+

Jan 5, 2003
    GERMANY
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    well I was saying all the time about "love" of Klinsi to Germany and I said few times that I think Klinsi will come back someday. Maybe he will be next Germany coach, maybe he will coach one top BL club. He realized that life in Germany is great and that making career in soccer in Germany is simply better.

I would be very happy if he decide for working in german soccer again someday. It is already good sign that he is thinking about it. It is visible that he miss Germany. He is not American, he is German living in the USA and loving his country. I think he want that his children can grew up in Germany when they are a bit older.

Looks like I was right with my forecast that Klinsi will not become USMNT coach but he will come to Germany someday again:).

Maybe Klinsi does it just for me:).

12. bltleo

bltleo Member+

Jan 5, 2003
    GERMANY
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    well said:)

13. Albirrojo

Albirrojo Member

Aug 27, 2004
    Whatever you say, I like what others have, that the German team had Poles and an American coaching them! :D

But we are among friends, so speak your mind; I don't think, the door is closed on Klinsmann; though odds, he could become coach in 6 more months, are small but not out of the question. He may well retake the German reins of the NationalMannschaft if they flounder again, like they did against Cyprus.

Like I said, I bet it made you all happy he was not hired.

14. bltleo

bltleo Member+

Jan 5, 2003
    GERMANY
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    you are funny...German team has only Germans in the team...o.k Klose and Podolski were born in Poland, but they grew up in Germany are Germans..

and Klinsi is German, not an American, he only live in the USA, but he thinks to come back....he said in the interview about his "love to Germany"..he said that it is his hometown....and he thinks that his kids can someday study in Germany...he can imagine to live and work in Germany....and to be honest I believe we will get him:)...do you know why?...BECAUSE I WANT....just kidding...

well I love Klinsi above all....I would be extra happy if he come to Germany someday again as a coach.....

I believe in Klinsi!!! he is mine:)

15. bltleo

bltleo Member+

Jan 5, 2003
    GERMANY
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    yes I was happy that he was not hired as US coach:)

but if I say it, i risk to get negative comments and neg. reputation here:).
    life is risky at US boards sometimes.....but I like to risk....as Klinsi does..

16. rca2

rca2 Member+

Nov 25, 2005
    Since we are all speculating, I would speculate wanting a guarantee from both USSF and MLS means that, JK wanted USSF to back him and request the players he wanted from MLS, and he wanted MLS to cooperate and release the players. Without the backing of USSF, MLS does not have to release players.

As far as changing his mind, I do it all the time. I may decide to trust someone to be reasonable without any guarantee until they give me reason to doubt, and then later I have a reason to doubt, and so demand a written commitment. It is not that I want a written commitment. It is whether the party is willing to give one or not that interests me. In that event I am not so much changing my position, as I am changing my evaluation of the other parties intentions. I suspect the falling out had to do with releasing players from MLS, which in turn negates the coaches ability to determine the roster.

I don't think either party should be assumed to blame for a lack of a deal. There are such things as honest disagreements between people of integrity.

The problem I see is caused by the lack of players on MLS teams. They just don't have enough players on their rosters to make up for losing players to the National team at length without hurting their competitiveness and potentially their income. So I can see how reasonable people could disagree on priorities.

Personally, I believe MLS will gain more in the long run from a successful MNT, and should bite the bullet to make that happen. MLS should not view the MNT as its competition for fans, TV audience share, or advertisers. In a growing market, it is not a zero sum game.