Kirovski on road to recovery

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Scotty, Sep 10, 2002.

1. Scotty

Scotty Member+

Dec 15, 1999
    Toscana
  2. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Thanks Scotty - but I don't think that page requires registration. Does this mean you're the official JK PBP guy?

3. Scotty

Scotty Member+

Dec 15, 1999
    Toscana
    Hmm. Good question. But I don't know if I'm quite prepared to take all the deflected abuse from the multitude of Kirovski bashers on the forum.

4. mschofield

mschofield Member+

May 16, 2000
    Berlin
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yes, it does require registration.
    Related note, anyone here taken the $50 plunge and been really satisfied with the (name of club)world websites.
    O yeah, on topic. Go JK. Get healthy. then who knows, Morrison looks to be a nice find.

5. Preston North End

Feb 17, 2000
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When healthy I don't expect Kirovski to supplant Stern John or Clinton Morrison in the Birmingham starting line-up. He is a better option off the bench than Geoff Horsfield or any of the other stiffs Birmingham has. At worse - which I highly doubt - he is the fourth forward.

In midfield he will be the third choice behind Robbie Savage and Aliou Cisse. He does't really compete with Cisse, however. Bryan Hughes and Damien Johnson will provide a challenge for any attacking mid playing time.

Too bad he will not be available for the live Monday match on Fox Sports World vs. Aston Villa.

6. Alex_1

Alex_1 Member

Mar 29, 2002
    Zürich
    Club:
    Grasshopper Club Zürich
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    First derby in quite some time in Birmingham... that would be one of the best matches/Derbys in the premiership this season besides Manchester. Big city, big time supporters.

7. Nimbus2000

Nimbus2000 Member

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Mar 6, 2001
    New England
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any more current news?

He's not playing today so can we expect him for their next game?

8. Without giving away the result you just HAVE to catch the highlights of this one. Derby aside, there was a historic moment in the Premiership

9. flanoverseas

flanoverseas New Member

Mar 2, 2002
    Xandria
    With the way Bruce talks about Kirovski, you never know who he could supplant.

10. mattgabe

mattgabe Member

Sep 20, 2000
    Blacksburg, VA
    Saw the match and all I have to say is: "Holy Crap!" That will be replayed forever and ever.

11. Lance90

Lance90 Member

Feb 7, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Exactly.

If Bruce uses him like he did at Palace, he'll pull a defender and stick Kirovski behind the Morrison and John and in front of Savage and Cisse. Bham hasn't had much creativity in the middle of the pitch and I think Jovan would feed a lot of nice balls to the two strikers. The question is what would the addition of Kirovski do to their already shakey defense?

12. Red&Black

Red&Black Member+

Aug 30, 2001
    Lot 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Burkina Faso
    i have never seen anything like that, ever in 25 years of watching football...astounding

i am relatively new to following the premier league outside of teams with US players and the "big" clubs that play in europe matches but i got FSW and so far "the blues" have won me over. i am not sure why--maybe stern john even though i hated him in MLS--but their is something refreshing and fun about them. that savage has a lunatic workrate. i didn't know english football was as much fun as it is.

13. wu-tang beez

wu-tang beez New Member

Apr 19, 2002
    Irving, TX
    I don't think of the journey man as a foward, but more as a left midfielder that drifts to the middle on the attack. I think his lack of speed would make him a bad substitute unless he's holding the ball w/ Cisse. Stern is a target set up man and Morrison plays the clean up role. JK is flexible enough to spell 5 positions even though he is a bit more lethargic in his pace and is afraid of tackling.

14. jeffmefun

jeffmefun Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Quakeland, CA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What exactly was this match?
    Is there another thread that reveals results?
    Anyone know if it will be played again on FSW?
    If not, does anyone have it taped?
    Enquiring minds want to know.

15. Red&Black

Red&Black Member+

Aug 30, 2001
    Lot 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Burkina Faso
    fsw showed it live last nite and will undoubtably show it again. if you want me to tell you pm me, it was so unusual i wouldn't want to post it.

16. sanariot

sanariot Member

Nov 19, 2001
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know exactly what you're saying. I hated Stern John when he was with the Crew, but started rooting for him at Forest. The Blues signed Kirovski, so now they have a Yank abroad. Morrison I started following at CP because JK and Berhalter were there. I saw this Savage kid a couple of weeks ago on FSW and he is probably my favorite player in the Premiership this year. He hustles his ass off and has a bit of nastiness to him. He reminds me of Frankie Hejduk's evil twin. Another plus (for me at least) is that their uniforms look like Chelsea's. Birmingham City have definitely won me over as well.