Kicker Manager Game (PRO) 2012-13

Discussion in 'Germany' started by The Friendly Ghost, Jul 24, 2012.

1. The Friendly Ghost

Jul 24, 2007
    It's that time of the year: I have founded a league in the Kicker Manager Game (PRO). Search for bigsoccer.com to find the league on www.kicker.de (games). The league begins on August 10, 2012, so be sure to sign up before then so as not to miss the first transfer period. We can take a maximum of 18 players total.

Last season was a doozy. Laschos Luschen, managed by poster Lascho, built up a virtually insurmountable lead, but then Sven's Shooter, helmed by Canuck Fan, mounted a remarkable comeback, and overtook Lashcos Luschen late in the season. Going into the final Spieltag, Sven's Shooter had something like a 27 point lead, but Laschos Luschen won the last Spieltag big and ended up winning overall, 1104 points to Sven's Shooter's 1100 points. Great stuff.

Please join in the fun. Basic rules are that on August 10, 2012, you will be assigned a team and given millions in virtual cash. Your team is randomly assigned. Most are of the scrub variety, but some are useful players. At that point, you can decide to keep some (or none) of your players, or sell some or all of them and receive cash for them. You can than take your stash of virtual cash and buy any unassigned player you want through an auction process. However, other players may also bid on players, so if you want someone, you'll have to make sure your bid is the highest (it's a blind bid process, so you don't know what other players are bidding, although you will know if you have any competition for the players). No player can be owned by more than one team in our league. So if you want Reus, you've got to be the highest bidder. I believe you need a minimum of 14 or 15 players, and you can have a maximum of 18 players. Prior to the first game, you can select your starting line-up (which you can change every week), and after each game, a new transfer period opens up, which allows you to buy or sell additional players. There's a points system that is based on on the kicker rating system for players. Any questions, comments, etc., post here, and someone will help.

P.S. I'll also start an Interactive League when that becomes available. In the Interactive League, the big differences are that there is no auction process (you purchase the players you want for their given price); players can be owned by multiple teams in the league; and you can't change your team once the season starts (except for a limited transfer period at the Winterpause, when you can sell one player from each position and buy a replacement).

2. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll see if I can do this one too ;)
    Thanks

3. snahdog

snahdog Member

Mar 31, 2006
    Atlanta
    Hi, thanks for organizing this again. I'd like to play, if you have some space left. If yes, can you tell me the name of the league again since I forgot? EDIT: Nevermind, found the name

Also, the website says that league will already on start August 7th. Which is in a few hours. Hopefully there is enough time for me to be added.

4. The Friendly Ghost

Jul 24, 2007
    Snahdog: I accepted you, so you are in. The game in general starts on August 7, but our league won't start until August 10, 00:00 Uhr (German time) (or 6 p.m. EDT on August 9). So be on the lookout at that time for your players. When you get your players, you'll be in the middle of a transferphase, which will run another 36 hours. I tried to time the start of our league so that it was in the middle of, but not to early in, a transferphase. That way, the North American players would have Thursday evening and all day Friday to sell and bid for players, while the European players would have all day Friday and Saturday morning to sell and bid for players, and at Noon on Saturday (12:00 Uhr German time), the first transferphase would be over and everyone could assess where they are at and get ready for the next transferphase, which starts at 15:00 uhr German time that same Saturday.

5. The Friendly Ghost

Jul 24, 2007
    We have 10 players so far; still spots for 8 more. We'd love to fill out the league 18 players.

6. snahdog

snahdog Member

Mar 31, 2006
    Atlanta
    Thanks. Good thinking on the transfer phase time too.

7. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    If you don't find enough players I `ll play once more as FC Kneipenkick. :)

8. The Friendly Ghost

Jul 24, 2007
    The more the merrier.