Ki Sung-Yong @ Swansea City AFC 2012-2013 Part III[R]

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by jinseokyang, Apr 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jinseokyang

jinseokyang Member+

Feb 28, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    [​IMG]

May he finish the season the way he started it

2. 10August2012

10August2012 Member+

Oct 28, 2012
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Sunnanå SK Skellefteå
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Nice. Loved that kit combo. Would love to see Swansea rock it again.

3. edkwolverines

edkwolverines Member+

May 21, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    So I got a warning for my "behavior" in the KSY thread. Really mods?

4. Swansea

Swansea Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Club:
    Swansea City AFC
    Well they've not closed the thread just for you to go back on the topic that was being discussed, just drop the JDG discussion.

We're going to South Korea on tour, but with you at war with North Korea, will it still go ahead? I presume if it does we'll play Seoul and a couple of other K League teams, would you go and do you think they'll sell out the grounds or not? We're also going to Holland for a few games, and then we've got Europe early on in the season.

I'd love to be able to go to Korea or Holland, but got to start saving for European football.

Mudang and jinseokyang repped this.
  5. edkwolverines

edkwolverines Member+

May 21, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    First of all, watch your tone. Nothing that I just posted indicated that I wanted to go back to the previous discussion. That sort of massive leap in logic is why some posters don't respect what you have to say. Further, I wasn't even involved in the stupid spat you and other members were having.

6. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    Don't worry. We've technically been at war the entire time since it's an armistice rather than a peace treaty... Nothing's going to happen at all, and you won't even notice anything amiss if you get to go.

If KSY is playing, you might sell out. FC Seoul will probably be the most likely to sell out. But the world cup stadium in Seoul is very big so who knows... But he should draw a big crowd (and lots of annoying screaming girls)...

7. Swansea

Swansea Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Club:
    Swansea City AFC
    I've heard Korea has great technology, but I've never heard of you being able to here tone from the internet.

You were bringing something that had came about on the other thread, and there was a reason that it was closed. Take your warning and move on.

I think I posted once or twice in that final discussion, and didn't get in to a confrontation with anyone. I've seen the post you made, don't play innocent you know what you've been given a warning for.

8. edkwolverines

edkwolverines Member+

May 21, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    1. Tone is present in both written as well as spoken conversation. I'm also in America.

2. I brought nothing over, literally, besides my confusion with the warning. What post are you referring to? One of the many joking posts I made that were not at all serious in anyway?

9. Swansea

Swansea Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Club:
    Swansea City AFC
    I watched a documentary on it the other day that was televised in this country, the UK and the US really do need to go to war with North Korea. It's practically Nazi Germany - although that's another discussion and a bit off topic.

KSY would definitely play all the big games, providing he's match fit and not injured. He's the attraction of our team in Korea and would bring in a lot of money for the club. Certainly seems a lot bigger than anything we've done in the past, most years we've just played the useless Welsh League teams around by us which our kids could beat.

I'm pretty sure we'll play Utrecht (Vorm's former team) and Den Haag (our closest friends) in Holland which would probably be a lot easier and cheaper for people to go to than Korea, I'd be surprised if many people from Swansea go but there'll be some.

10. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    :eek: One day, you'll learn the ramifications of what would happen if that were to come to fruition.

Tours to Korea end up in either two categories: PJS and Man Utd wankfest with sold out stadiums and non-stop rockstar treatment or tepid interest with quarter full to empty stadiums...

KSY might be able to pull off a Swansea love in as long as the KNT are in a comfortable WCQ position after the June qualifiers imo, and the full Swansea squad shows up.

How did the friendship with Den Haag start?

11. 10August2012

10August2012 Member+

Oct 28, 2012
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Sunnanå SK Skellefteå
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Definitely going to Swansea-FC Seoul if it happens.

But will be wearing a Seoul shirt.

DavDavFC and jinseokyang repped this.
  12. Swansea

Swansea Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Club:
    Swansea City AFC
    John Van Zweden is a life long Den Haag/Swansea fan, and bought part of the club back in 2002. Since then we've signed Ferrie Bodde off them, and a few of their former players which led to us putting scouts in Holland and currently having four Dutch players and two Dutch internationals. Den Haag fans started going to watch us in numbers of a few hundred in around 2007 and going in large numbers to away games, they took a couple of thousand to Wembley the first time we got there and a few hundred in February.

13. 10August2012

10August2012 Member+

Oct 28, 2012
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Sunnanå SK Skellefteå
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    No offense, but I really wish Western media/people would stop talking about war with NK.

Mudang repped this.
  14. Mudang

Mudang Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    A war in the world's most important economic region? What could possibly go wrong?

IIRC John Van Zweden got the call from Swansea supporters asking for financial capital while he was out on a walk. He agreed to purchasing part of the club without his wife's consent. :D

Interview:

15. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    To the above, if you want to see what a global depression and financial collapse (which would ensnare the entire Euro region and Britain) would look like, Exhibit A would be a war in Korea. And personally for us, it would mean countless friends, family and countrymen would die. Not cool...

What is cool is the intra-European sister city relationships that develop. That's great the two clubs still have such a strong relationship. :thumbsup:

10August2012 repped this.
  16. Swansea

Swansea Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Club:
    Swansea City AFC
    Honestly, I don't know what I'm talking about with war and that. I've just seen a documentary and didn't like what I saw.

John Van Zweden is a top bloke.

17. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    CNN is the worst of the lot recently! They were almost willing a war to happen. At least I stopped getting asked, "are you from North Korea or South Korea?" question... smh...

seoulman9, Mudang, Chingoo and 1 other person repped this.
  18. 10August2012

10August2012 Member+

Oct 28, 2012
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Sunnanå SK Skellefteå
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Exactly! I would get CNN "Breaking News" alerts on my phone and tab every damn hour about North Korea bla bla bla.

19. Mudang

Mudang Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I am genuinely excited.

LOL @ getting Zeta-Jones and Charlotte Church involved.

DavDavFC and jinseokyang repped this.
  20. Swansea

Swansea Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Club:
    Swansea City AFC
    The first South Wales derby after an eleven years wait, my first South Wales derby and there's no better feeling than beating Cardiff..

Highlights

From the stands

21. msc43

msc43 Member+

Jul 6, 2011
    United States
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    The South Wales derby does promise to be very interesting with the fact that there are Koreans on both squads. As it stands with Ki playing DCM and Kim playing ACM, they will be playing against each other a lot. Hopefully we can see spectacular plays from both.

dudedudedude repped this.
  22. dudedudedude

dudedudedude Member+

Aug 3, 2008
    Baltimore, MD
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    there is no way KBK can dispossess KSY. haha But i don't think ki could stop KBK. He's too fast. will be very interesting to watch i can't wait. i hope they get matched up together like LYP and PJS.

i'll be rooting for KBK the current underdog.

23. msc43

msc43 Member+

Jul 6, 2011
    United States
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    It's hard to say that KBK and Cardiff are significant underdogs. Given that Swansea also had an unexpected and meteoric rise through the Premier League, it shouldn't be a big surprise if Cardiff have a good showing. When the schedule for next season comes out, we can see when the two meet up to discuss the form of the two squads. I think Laudrup is a better manager than Mackay, but Swansea will be in the middle of a Europa campaign as well.

24. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    Would you take Jordi Gomez back if Wigan get relegated?

And if Laudrup left, would you take back Martinez?

25. 12th Warrior

12th Warrior Member+

May 27, 2006
    In case it's not clear to some of you guys, stay on topic and lay off the personal attacks. Thanks.