Kevin Molino Thread

Discussion in 'Minnesota United FC' started by Kick The Ball, Jan 27, 2017.

1. Kick The Ball

Kick The Ball Member

Jun 13, 2001
    Trinidad and Tobago
    What's your thoughts on him?

2. Boloni86

Boloni86 Member+

Jun 7, 2000
    Baltimore
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Gibraltar
    Heath obviously likes him. He had 11 goals and 8 assists in 30 games last season. That's some big production that is really worth something in this league. He's 26 and just entering his prime. I expect him to be a big part of whatever MN does this year.

3. BigData

BigData Member+

Feb 2, 2014
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Pardon me, just thought I'd jump in with an Orlando perspective. Hope that's ok.

You are going to love the guy. Dynamic player, a difference maker when he's on. He and Heath really click, and he knows what Heath wants on the field and can really drive the entire offense. Those are huge plusses and why he's getting paid the big bucks.

Two downsides. One, he doesn't play a whole lot of defense. That isn't necessarily a problem under Heath, however. He isn't looking for much defense out of his #10, or even really much from his front four. This was a much bigger problem under the Kreis system, and one reason he's in Minnesota.

He also tends to disappear some games. Maybe as he is growing older and wiser that will happen less often. But whether from too much partying or lack of focus or whatever, some games he wasn't there mentally.

Overall, a lot more good than bad, and highly entertaining to watch most of the time.

On a side note, when Heath's teams are clicking they are probably the most fun team in the MLS to watch. Enjoy.

triplet1, Boloni86, NORML and 1 other person repped this.