Kentucky Wildcats - 2017 (Goalkeeper)

Discussion in 'Women's College' started by PlaySimple, Oct 17, 2017.

1. PlaySimple

PlaySimple Member

Sep 22, 2016
    Chicagoland
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    It appears that Kentucky only has one keeper on the roster and she is currently injured. I was somewhat shocked to see that the Wildcats had lost badly to a fairly mediocre Loyola (Chicago) side this past Sunday, 5-2. I checked out the box score and it appears that two field players shared to keeping responsibilities. In the match prior to that against Mizzou, a 2-1 Wildcat loss, the regular keeper, Evangeline Soucie, played all but about the last two minutes of the match.

What team only keeps one keeper rostered? Most teams keep at a minimum two keepers and many coaches prefer to have three. It looks like keeping by committee will be the Wildcat way for the time being.

2. Glove Stinks

Glove Stinks Member+

Jan 20, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I watched the game v Mizzzou and Soucie (an exceptional keeper) left with what looked to be a concussion. Their back up keeper is one of their starting center forwards, My understanding is their back up transferred or quit last yeaar after Lipsitz was let go. I would think there would be a kid on campus that played club or was athletic enough to be brought on as a backup

3. FreshPow

FreshPow New Member

United States
    Jun 12, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    San Francisco had all three keepers become injured at the same time some years back...had to train a field player who ended up getting a WCC honorable mention!

4. Samuel Clarke

Samuel Clarke New Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Jun 10, 2017
    “We will create a championship environment at Kentucky, which will culminate in Southeastern Conference titles, deep runs within the NCAA Tournament and ultimately National Championships. When a player commits to Kentucky, she will develop the physical and mental mindset necessary to fit into our championship environment, which will result in banners and trophies on and off the field.”

These words flowed so freely at the press conference... but nobody told me I would need a backup keeper to get through the season. Don’t worry Big Blue Nation, I have some super athletic international recruits on the horizon and I saw Pep has been using a 6-3-1 formation recently- can you say possession possession possession!

As long as we can keep Eastern Kentucky from poaching our recruits and off the schedule, big “banner” wins against Belmont headed our way! And for spring 2018, we shall wake up and run with the team at 4:30 instead of 5:00!

5. LilKicker

LilKicker Member

Dec 9, 2014
    Club:
    Galatasaray SK
    Im not so sure that press conference went as smooth as you claim----

:);):(:mad::confused::cool::p:D:eek::rolleyes: