Kansas City vs Seattle (Sun May 26th, 5:00PM CT) [R]

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by vividox, May 21, 2019.

1. lukeD

lukeD Member+

Jul 7, 2011
    Olathe
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    After rewatching the game, I came away with two big takeaways. 1) If Hasler continues to play that way, he's a better RB than Zusi. He provided a real defensive lift while also passing and crossing well. 2) Maybe Croizet should be the second CF. He was surprisingly good in holdup play and did a lot of the things Shelton did last year.

2. mschofield

mschofield Member+

May 16, 2000
    Berlin
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    On 1, he's certainly an option. And I think at the very least he gives Zusi enough rest to keep him fresh for the playoffs, assuming he ever gets truly healthy again. I was interested in Hasler, so I was doing a shallow dive on him, had no idea his best position was central mid. I thought he was a straight up RB. also, the SKC bio on him is, I think, pimping the poor guy by noting his "six major trophies" with Vaduz. Five were Lichtenstein Cups, and one was a Swiss 2nd League championship. Still, he was quite good for us, and I remember him being quite good for Toronto. I do wonder why Chicago dumped him.
    On 2, I kind of think Croizet is the second everything. But I agree, he had a good game as a false nine, and a good game as a LB, while less impressive at the wing and in midfield, so maybe those are his two primary roles? I do wonder if Hasler at RB makes Croizet or Medranda at LB more likely, as he is a steadier defense player.

3. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Because they needed the international roster spot.

IASocFan and mschofield repped this.
  4. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    this is standard operating procedure for skc's marketing department. all trophies are "major."

mschofield repped this.
  5. Inca Roads

Inca Roads Member+

Nov 22, 2012
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Haha, don't pretend this is some unique phenomenon for SKC.

6. mschofield

mschofield Member+

May 16, 2000
    Berlin
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    To be fair, they did have to get past the other six clubs in Lichtenstein to claim those cups. OTOH, none of the others are above the Swiss fourth level, and 2 are in the 8th. I'm not saying my old Brookside SC team would have won that cup, but I don't think we would have looked out of place in the first round.

IASocFan and Blando13 repped this.