Kansas City vs Salt Lake (Sat. April 29th, 7:30PM CST) [R]

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by vividox, Apr 24, 2017.

1. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    man, i've said the same about gerso and salloi. there's at least one instance every game where gerso gets tossed off the ball like a ragdoll from a simple shoulder challenge.

2. Inca Roads

Inca Roads Member+

Nov 22, 2012
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Disagree about Gerso. It may have taken him a game or two to get used to what's allowed here, but especially this game he consistently dribbles through traffic and contact. Even the best dribblers get bounced off the ball from time to time, so that's not really a good measurement. Blessing seems to get bounced off the ball any time anyone touches him, so that's what needs improvement. And I think he is working on it, so we should see more of him.

3. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Sums up my take pretty well.

4. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Wow, Blessing is 5'7" 140lbs - one of the few professional athletes who was my size when I was that age (20).

Edit: Damn, Gerso is listed at 140lbs too. Respect.

mschofield repped this.
  5. Blong

Blong Member+

Oct 29, 2002
    Midwest, the real one.
    Think he was going for the passive offside. It worked; we scored.

6. mschofield

mschofield Member+

May 16, 2000
    Berlin
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Granted, but when he keeps his feet he ends up in interesting places and looks as if he wants to shake up the game.

7. mschofield

mschofield Member+

May 16, 2000
    Berlin
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Maybe he thought the ref had motion sensitive sight

8. mschofield

mschofield Member+

May 16, 2000
    Berlin
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    and Messi, 5'7, 148.
    As the saying goes, it isn't the size of the dog in the fight. blessing can be successful without bulking up. It's attitude, but he seems to have that desire, so I remain hopeful.
    Salloi I am not so sure about.

9. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's played 27 minutes over 3 games, seems a little early to say he doesn't have the desire...

Sachsen repped this.
  10. dagopop

dagopop Member

Jun 12, 2008
    Kansas
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think I have been over-critical of Dom's reluctance to use his right foot. My thought was that he could have had many more goals had he just shot with it instead of trying to cross over to his left and losing the ball to a defender. I really didn't grasp the significance of the right footed shot and goal in the RSL game. This article in the Star cleared that up for me.
    http://www.kansascity.com/sports/mls/sporting-kc/article148072604.html

vividox repped this.
  11. mschofield

mschofield Member+

May 16, 2000
    Berlin
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yeah. I was not as exact in that as I could have been. I am less hopeful about Salloi. While that may be a whole lot premature, I am not hopeful in what I've seen in those 27 minutes. The timidity is quite possibly simply a kid taking the field with adults and being in awe.
    But being in awe is not a particularly positive sign for a young attacker, however. It can be overcome, and I've seen it work out with bells on in the past. (convey's first season with Reading it was difficult to see the monster he became in the second, before the WC injury which ruined him before the third).
    So, maybe Salloi is the deal. But we haven't seen any sign of that with SKC at this point. Blessing, meanwhile, has problems, but gives us great reason to hope. It may well be that Blessing cannot overcome his problems, while Salloi find a grove and wow us.
    But I'd prefer overconfidence to timidity in a young attacker.

12. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    There is a HUGE difference between 5'7" 140 lbs and 5'7" 150 lbs, though. Most soccer players are in the 160-180 range, and your ability to hang with the average player increases tremendously with just that ten pounds of weight. That's also when the frame goes from scrawny to filled out, so there is a big change in body type too.

All that to state, I am pretty amazed that Gerso can play like he can at 140 lbs. It's just hard to get that strong and stay that light.