Kansas City vs Los Angeles (Sun. Sept 24th, 1:00PM CST) [R]

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by vividox, Sep 21, 2017.

1. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Alright guys, celebrating is fun, but we've still got business to do. LA is total shit this season and are coming off a 4-0 loss to Atlanta last night. Of course, this means we'll play down to their level and look like shit on Sunday too, but, more importantly, this is an opportunity to claim a much needed way-harder-than-it-needs-to-be three points.

Jermaine Jones will be on red card suspension. Our forwards will be bruised. The time to push for the next trophy is now.

2. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lobato, Medranda, Saad up top? Belmar maybe?

At least we didn't go to PKs so that everyone is exhausted?

3. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Kevin Ellis can play forward, right?

4. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Okay, seriously though: Based on his post-game dancing abilities, I'm going to go ahead and assume that Blessing can start. Salloi looked pretty good, despite being questionable going into the game. Gerso I'm worried about - he was holding that left arm of his awkwardly when he left the field. No idea about Rubio.

5. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gerso dislocated his shoulder from what I thought I saw online last night.

6. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Oh splendid.

7. Formulaic

Formulaic Member

Jul 6, 2011
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I forgot we still had Saad... and I'd probably prefer to continue forgetting about him.

kcfooty and BenDover repped this.
  8. mschofield

mschofield Member+

May 16, 2000
    Berlin
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Having watched the Gals last couple matches, my thoughts are 1. why do i waste time on crap like that, and 2 they really have nothing to offer. I mean, what, twice times our payroll before they signed jds, and with a couple of players you would think are quite dangerous in this league, and they play like a pub team, after they've been drinking.
    There is no reason this LA team should not be good, and there is obviously potential that they can break out of the funk they're in. but they looked as if they'd quit in their last two games. the announcers were saying it's about scoring first on them, they fold like a cheap suit. It's something.

9. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    It's a weird situation. By all accounts this game should be a gimmie. But they have the talent and Sigi is capable of putting a tactical plan together. We still have to handle them cautiously and not take this game for granted.

But yeah, as a fan, I'll be disappointed if we let them into this game at all. This is a great opportunity to kick them while they are down and instill some real confidence in our team for the final stretch.

mschofield repped this.
  10. Sachsen

Sachsen Member+

Aug 8, 2003
    Broken Arrow, Okla.
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Soony is crap, but he'll probably start.

Salloi - Saad - Blessing

or something like that.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a few starters rest in the midfield and backline. Be nice to get some use out of EPB before he leaves.

mschofield repped this.
  11. Inca Roads

Inca Roads Member+

Nov 22, 2012
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    So Gerso is the only actual injury coming out of the final?

12. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Game is no longer on Fox, bumped all the way to FSKC Plus. Way to go MLS/Fox!

mschofield repped this.
  13. mschofield

mschofield Member+

May 16, 2000
    Berlin
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'd like to see sinvic besler and epb at least once Then sub in Ellis That would make this match a bit special

14. KCFutbol

KCFutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 14, 2001
    Overland Park, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No Ellis as he's been suspended by the club.

15. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What a turnout by the west stand today.

16. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    First half looked great (or rather LA just looked terrible). Probably should have hung 3-4 goals on them. LA looked a lot better in the second half when Zardes went back to the midfield. What in the world was Sigi thinking starting him at RB? Got a little more tense towards the end than it should have but still, great result considering how hard we played on Wednesday.

I am really liking Salloi. These little flick on goals are a thing of beauty. He's got a lot of composure and talent and I can't wait to see how he progresses over the next few years. 21 years old. Haha.

mschofield repped this.
  17. kcfooty

kcfooty Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So, West stand is not visible from tv... Not sure if sarcasm, but guessing yes?

FWIW, I sold my East stand 128 tix for a small mint; we had out of town family commitments today.

18. kcfooty

kcfooty Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is my standard response for those realllllly ugly babies. We've all seen them. And you NEVER say a baby is ugly. Just like you never comment or imply to a woman that she might be pregnant. "What a baby!" "What a turnout..."

kcscsupporter repped this.
  19. oldntired

oldntired Member

May 3, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    When I pulled up to the stadium the parking lots were empty. This was at 12:30. I parked behind the minor league stadium. I have never seen it so empty. I really thought I would get inside and there would be 5,000 people inside. Really the turnout was way better than I thought it would be judging by the parking lot. I 100% seriously just got in my car after the game and drove right out. I waited longer to get out of the QT parking lot when I stopped for my post game Mountain Dew. It was weird.

20. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Same here. It was a pretty late arriving crowd too, probably due to being on national TV but starting at 1:01pm instead of 1:27pm.

21. Inca Roads

Inca Roads Member+

Nov 22, 2012
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Crowd had even heavier legs than the team. We were sleepy and quiet. Cup hangover. I think we'll be wilder next weekend.

22. Spassapparat

Spassapparat Member

SKC/Werder Bremen
    May 14, 2017
    has there any reason be released by now as to why ellis has been suspended?

about the game, SKC did just enough i guess. This horrible LA team needs to be blasted out of the stadium under normal circumstances , given the midweek game it's understandable though. The lack of determination to go for more goals in the second half has cost us along the season already though.
    One finding from yesterday for me is that as nice as Salloi is to look at on offense, defensively he is a bit of a liability. It's somewhat odd that our 3 " 5' offensive player is way better than all our other offensive players at defense.

mschofield repped this.
  23. mschofield

mschofield Member+

May 16, 2000
    Berlin
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It wasn't though. Speaking as some who was insanely pissed about the fact that it wasn't available, at all, in DC. It was regional and local, but blacked out nationally for MLS live...

24. mschofield

mschofield Member+

May 16, 2000
    Berlin
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Salloi is going to be something, and has gotten better almost every week this summer. But he's still not all there, is he? As noted, defensively he's a bit tuned out at times. Yesterday was a perfect game for him, but put a body on him and he's game but ineffective.
    That said, he's got nice touch, a shot that's both hard and accurate, very quick feet and great technique, he gets a shot off as quickly as anyone we've had, and he's smart.
    I wish he had Blessings work ethic, but do believe we're now better with him on the field than the bench.
    On this, are we at our best with salloi-blessing-Gerso, or Rubio in the middle, with blessing the late sub game changer. I prefer seeing Blessing play, but not sure my style points equal the most points.
    I'm glad Rubio got to five already, so we push Dom back on the goal scoring list for the season. Not anything negative against Dom, but it does reduce the snap judgement from commentators that rubio has the same number of goals in fewer minutes.
    I get the Zardes move. He's not playing well this season, but you hate to see him off the field, and as guys with last names starting wth Z seem to make the transition well...
    Overall, from a distance and in watching the game after it was over only, we looked like a team that had a bit of a cup hangover, but also one that was never going to lose this match.
    I don't understand how a team can spend that much money on players who are that good, and look so completely pointless.
    It was a dirty 3 points, but that's what championship teams get.

25. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not officially, no. And I wouldn't expect a reason to be given.