Kansas City vs Colorado (Sun. April 9th, 6:00PM CST) [R]

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by vividox, Apr 4, 2017.

1. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. KopRules

KopRules Member+

May 31, 2011
    Beautiful South KC
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Seems out of character.

3. Abracadabra

Abracadabra BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 11, 2006
    Olathe, Kansas
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Cauldron has a dark gift.

kcfooty repped this.
  4. Dirt

Dirt Member

May 11, 2006
    KCMO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well done Cauldron. This is precisely why I've always thought that we need to have the visiting teams defending in front of the Cauldron in the second half.

5. KCFutbol

KCFutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 14, 2001
    Overland Park, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From the video it seems this occurred in front of the South Stand, not the Cauldron.

6. Sachsen

Sachsen Member+

Aug 8, 2003
    Broken Arrow, Okla.
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There was some funny twittering going on with both the Cauldron and the South Stand during the game re: Howard. They apparently made it a group effort to really get under Tim's skin throughout the game.

7. KopRules

KopRules Member+

May 31, 2011
    Beautiful South KC
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I don't know why the Cauldron is puffing up its chest about this. There's nothing in this that looks particularly cool or menacing here for Cauldron. Be a lot cooler if whoever is on the Cauldron twitter handle would let it breathe without more. (Btw, who is on the Cauldron handle? It use to be much more understated and clever. Now it's much more pedantic and obvious.).

That said, I just read the player union statement and I don't know why the Union is upping the ante either. Howard verbally got after a fan during the game; Howard verbally got after Dwyer after the game (video looked bad for Howard there too); Howard verbally (at the least) got into it with a fan after the game in tunnel/field club. There's one common denominator here: Tim Howard (who we all almost universally like)... Who had a bad game... Who plays on a team that's lacking direction right now.

AndyMead repped this.
  8. dagopop

dagopop Member

Jun 12, 2008
    Kansas
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didn't like any of what I heard from our fans or from Howard. It shouldn't have happened.

9. Inca Roads

Inca Roads Member+

Nov 22, 2012
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    According to what I read, his altercation with the fan in the tunnel was not just verbal.

10. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    players union statement.

11. Abracadabra

Sep 11, 2006
    Olathe, Kansas
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Allowing a fan to get into the tunnel does seem to be an egregious security lapse.

12. Sachsen

Sachsen Member+

Aug 8, 2003
    Broken Arrow, Okla.
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good-natured heckling, I like.

Abusive language including obscenities, I do not like. From anyone.

But then I'm an old-fashioned prude, so what do I know.

KopRules and AndyMead repped this.
  13. Abracadabra

Sep 11, 2006
    Olathe, Kansas
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, the whole thing of drinking yourself blind and yelling epithets at strangers is pretty sophomoric. We have driven keepers to madness with perfectly G rated material while completely sober.

Well who am I kidding, not sober. But not abusive either.

Sachsen repped this.
  14. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't think it was the tunnel, I'm assuming it was the path that leads into the Field Club, where both players and fans walk through.

15. KopRules

KopRules Member+

May 31, 2011
    Beautiful South KC
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    The sort of thing that drives $$$. I'm generally pro-Union when it comes to MLS, but the Union should think twice before making statements which could impart aspect of the venue from the game day experience. Which, is becoming the norm in all usa professional sports. E.g. New NFL stadium in Minnesota

16. ZooCougar

ZooCougar Member

Jul 31, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    So basically fans are allowed to provoke the opponent, catch it on video and get the opposition suspended? What else could go wrong?

17. KopRules

KopRules Member+

May 31, 2011
    Beautiful South KC
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Just read Howard's 'statement' on this incident. Reads more like an admonishment of surroundings than anything else. If his goal was to explain the context of the post-game fan confrontation, he painted a vague picture at best... which leads me to wonder.

Regardless, it seems two-faced to invoke concerns about safety and profanity when Howard himself did the same on-field during + after the game with fans and Dwyer.

18. DirtyStriker

DirtyStriker Member

Jul 4, 2007
    Basehor, KS
    Seems two-faced to invoke concerns about security when he was the one to turn things physical twice, with Dwyer and the fan.

19. KopRules

KopRules Member+

May 31, 2011
    Beautiful South KC
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Which is exactly my point.

What I/we don't know is the incident with the fan after the game . Timmy was vague on that - which I though was suppose to be the purpose of his statement. I.e. To give full context.

20. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  21. KopRules

KopRules Member+

May 31, 2011
    Beautiful South KC
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Totally consistent with my suspicion. This fan's account: fan was verbal, Howard crossed rope and went sticks and stones, not the fan.

Howard's account noting the fan with alcohol and need for more security is lame. Sure, maybe there's obvious need for more security, but like at the Palace about ten years ago when the Pistons played the Pacers, the only question is, which way does that security need to face. The fans? Or the players.