Kansas City at San Jose (Sat. June 17th, 8:00 PM CST) [R]

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by vividox, Jun 13, 2017.

1. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    We've both got midweek USOC games tomorrow night. San Jose are hosting SF Deltas, so there is a pretty good chance they rest their starters and are fresh this weekend. Sounds like we're starting our starters, so we're likely to have some dead legs this weekend.

2. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wouldn't say our starters, I'd say we're going to see a number of reserves with starters sprinkled in. The likes of Besler, Zusi, Melia won't play tomorrow.

3. TyffaneeSue

TyffaneeSue moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 15, 2003
    Upstairs
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Thanks for bringing the weather

4. FC Dizzle

FC Dizzle Member

Mar 10, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    anybody have a link to listen to the radio broadcast online?

5. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What a joke of a broadcast. Someone should be fired.

6. Lebowski

Lebowski BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 23, 2011
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    You had the same thoughts during the Sept 2016 SJ broadcast. Remember that one? The crap audio? The announcers were in KC?

SJ 2016.jpg

7. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i have no tolerance for stuff like this in this day and age. i remember that and a couple other instances last year. they were all inexcusable. in this case, however, i'll retract most of my statement. at the time of my complaint, i had no idea there was any bad weather moving through our area. i never pay attention to the weather or local news, and all i saw was nice weather outside my house (eastern suburbs) and beautiful weather in san jose. sometime in the second half, though, the fit starting hitting the shan outside, and it became obvious that it was more the fault of the weather than the fault of incompetence or any other inexcusable reason.

still though, it was quite jarring to see the feed get switched over to ... poker, of all things.

8. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Didn't see the game but just watched the highlights. Bingham looked bad. We looked like we had the best of the opportunities. What happened with the SKC broadcast? We keeping our broadcast team in KC again?

9. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No they were in San Jose, the broadcast just kept cutting out on them in the first half. There was a point where FSKC just gave up to work on it and switched to poker.

10. oldntired

oldntired Member

May 3, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Ok I haven't hated on Dwyer on here for a while. I feel the need. Last game he literally misses from two yards out. Somehow puts it over the top. This game against he misses from about six yards out. Puts it over the top. Did you see the cross he tried to put in? Has he played soccer before? Oh and how bout when he gets played a beautiful long ball and should be running free to the goal but no the defender runs right past him like he is a carrying a refrigerator on his back. Dom just tackles him. Which part is more embarrassing? The slowness or the best I can do is tackle people part. I know he works so so hard. I mean he really works hard. Did I mention how hard he works? Cause you know he works hard. Should have about 12 goals this season. How many times has he missed from inside the box? Same crap every game.

11. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    careful, you'll get people replying to you that he's the best forward kc has ever had.

he is ... infuriating to watch. he does so many things right and gets himself into all sorts of advantageous positions, and then when it comes time for him to finish, it all goes to pot. if he was even an average finisher, he'd already have 10+ goals this season and would get 20+ every year because of the other qualities he brings. last night, his shank in the first couple minutes was embarrassing for a striker. that sort of thing happens to even the best strikers from time to time. dom's problem is that it happens to him at least once per game. perhaps his most embarrassing moment last night, though, was the attempt at a cross in the second half. my 6 year old nephew could put in a better cross than that.

12. Inca Roads

Inca Roads Member+

Nov 22, 2012
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    He actually might be. Not really a high bar though. Kc has always been weak on offense.

vividox repped this.
  13. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As goes Dwyer, so goes the rest of our offense more or less, it's the same thing we were saying all offseason that we needed a secondary goal scorer, Gerso has done that some, but when Dwyer isn't scoring, we're still struggling.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2017...2-teams-22-takes-following-week-16-mls-season

14. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Exactly this. I don't point out Dwyer's ranking in KC's history as a way to nullify all criticism, I do it to set expectations. It is extremely likely that SKC will never be able to afford the forward you want to see.