Kansas City at Orlando (Sat. May 13th, 6:00PM CST) [R]

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by vividox, May 8, 2017.

1. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Dwyer is suspended and will miss his opportunity to be boo'd by a bunch of fans who used to love him.

2. BenDover

BenDover BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 4, 2010
    Rio Verde, AZ
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dwyer only has himself to blame. He has at least 3 yellow cards that were completely preventable. I love his hustle and aggressive play, but sometimes he just takes his antics a bit too far.

ZooCougar repped this.
  3. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Meh. The 'accumulation of yellow cards = suspension' rule is an incredibly lame rule in every sense. In no other sport do you see players sidelined because they jawed at the refs over the course of nine games. People can have their opinions on Dwyer's antics all they want, getting sidelined for it is asinine.

4. BenDover

BenDover BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 4, 2010
    Rio Verde, AZ
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Asinine or not, its the rule and its a choice on the player's part to avoid it or get suspended. What is more asinine, IMHO, is that Dwyer knows the rule and may cost his team points by getting himself unnecessarily suspended.

KCFutbol repped this.
  5. Formulaic

Formulaic Member

Jul 6, 2011
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dom has to be one of the first this year to miss a game because of yellow accumulation...right? If so, then I'd say other people's negative thoughts to his play probably hold some merit since most of his yellows are from the same kind of shenanigans.

ZooCougar repped this.
  6. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He is the first

Formulaic repped this.
  7. mschofield

mschofield Member+

May 16, 2000
    Berlin
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    and the only striker in the top 10.
    He is going to attract cards, but is there something in the crackin' down on dissent emphasis that means he's going to get more than in the past. I mean, this pace means he's suspended for 8 in june and 11 sometime near the end of August.

8. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    given the state of our forward line (and strikers in particular), his suspensions are likely going to be the only time he gets rest anyway... so you could say that dom's suspensions could be a good thing in the long run. yes, that is tremendous spin on his behavior and the current striker situation of skc.

9. mschofield

mschofield Member+

May 16, 2000
    Berlin
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I put a lot of faith in Rubio returning healthy and better than ever. That may be very wishful thinking

10. mschofield

mschofield Member+

May 16, 2000
    Berlin
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    When was the last time they tried to pry him away? it wasn't that long ago, was it?

11. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's wishful thinking considering he didn't show that much last year when given time.

12. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i'd one-up buzz and say that it's insane thinking. i think there's a greater chance of him having already played his last minutes with skc than there is of him getting multiple starts this season.

13. mschofield

mschofield Member+

May 16, 2000
    Berlin
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    But PV wouldn't leave us with only one striker...
    Okay, I see the point

14. ZooCougar

ZooCougar Member

Jul 31, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Very? Are you drunk? LOL

It's almost like Vermes lost a bet and had to sign him. I don't see why he is on the roster at all. Maybe they think they can flip him for a profit down the road.

mschofield repped this.
  15. mschofield

mschofield Member+

May 16, 2000
    Berlin
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I believe it is no uncommon for young players to take time up to a full year to bed in, regardless of the league.
    I watched Bobby Wood struggle, a lot, in his first three/four months with Union Berlin, but he was getting every start. Fans were pretty patient but just starting to react with the notion that the most expensive buy in club history when he went on a tear and set a club goals record.
    He was in a position where they really had no legit options, so he played through it. Rubio has not had that sort of chance, so I chose to retain hope.
    As I said, it may be wishful, rose glasses stuff. But I believe

16. lukeD

lukeD Member+

Jul 7, 2011
    Olathe
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ah....no it's not. Yellow card accumulation thresholds are established to punish the overly physical and try to maintain some fluidity in the game. If you want to blame someone for Dwyer's suspension, blame him. He plays like a bowling ball and frankly should have a few yellows for simulation added to his total.

You mean other sports like futbol/football/calcio? MLS accumulation rules are consistent with those used by all the major European leagues. Maybe MLS should drop the accumulation rule and bring back shoot outs.

17. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He should also probably have a few more fouls suffered/PKs given to him too. It's a two way street in that calling the actual fouls more would cut down on simulation.

vividox, mschofield and KCFutbol repped this.
  18. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i don't disagree that it takes time for some players. however, my prediction about him actually was very little to do with his adaptation to our league/team and mostly to do with his injury.

mschofield repped this.
  19. Sachsen

Sachsen Member+

Aug 8, 2003
    Broken Arrow, Okla.
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We have a tradition of handing teams their first home loss in a new stadium. Time to keep it going.

Game day!

20. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Blessing with the start in place of Dwyer, color me surprised.

21. SportingKCFan

SportingKCFan Member

Sep 2, 2010
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    And Blessing rewards Vermes with the surprise start by scoring early and earning a yellow card. Good start.

22. KCFutbol

KCFutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 14, 2001
    Overland Park, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is it August?

23. SportingKCFan

SportingKCFan Member

Sep 2, 2010
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Defense is starting to look more ordinary, but you have to tip your cap to Kaka's goal. Pure class.

mschofield repped this.
  24. Formulaic

Formulaic Member

Jul 6, 2011
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Holy God blessings dives are hugely embarassing. That one in the 79th...thats a fallon d floor nominee.

I've wanted to see him get more minutes. Not anymore if he's gonna be doing that.

25. SportingKCFan

SportingKCFan Member

Sep 2, 2010
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Is Blessing keeps netting 2 goals a start, I would give him time to adjust to not blantently diving. He probably did that often in Africa.That is up to Vermes to straighten him out.

mschofield and BenDover repped this.