Kafana - Bosnian Cafe - Discuss Anything

Discussion in 'Bosnia & Herzegovina' started by Vitez, Aug 8, 2011.

1. FCBM

FCBM Member+

Aug 15, 2013
    Sugar Hill, Georgia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Fully restored VW golf dvica buy it for 500 maraka , put in 10,000 dollars making it look like new and sell it for 600 maraka

Hadzjia Sven Susic repped this.
  2. FCBM

FCBM Member+

Aug 15, 2013
    Sugar Hill, Georgia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    You've never seen a G Wagen on the roads around you ? Guess Kim K doesn't cruise in your area ;) , anyways I got a PM after the ordeal on the other forum warning me to cut out the ethnic nationalism

3. PureEvil

PureEvil Member+

Jul 30, 2014
    California
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Arsenal fan tv lit af again

4. čarobnjak

čarobnjak Member+

Apr 22, 2014
    Finland
    Club:
    FK Velez
    This new layout is gonna take a long time to get used to...

5. PureEvil

PureEvil Member+

Jul 30, 2014
    California
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    I think theyre still prob gonna implement some changes as the week goes, looks like theyre taking feedback on their thread or w/e. I thought the old layout was fine but the font is too big now for me lol

6. BosanskiRambo

BosanskiRambo Member+

Manchester City
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Jun 4, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    I love this new layout. I think its fine.

Young Zmaj repped this.
  7. Sudžuka

Sudžuka Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 27, 2013

Ronaldinho321 repped this.
  8. Ronaldinho321

Ronaldinho321 Member

Aug 19, 2015
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    That GTI in video actually looks good lol id drive it

9. Ronaldinho321

Ronaldinho321 Member

Aug 19, 2015
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    This band is really good. :D :D

10. Ronaldinho321

Ronaldinho321 Member

Aug 19, 2015
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Ive been adding random Bosnian girls on Instagram from my area vk,cazin,bihac,buzim. I'm going to start and try chatting with some before I go to Bosnia in the summer to make finding a hot one quicker and easier, but How should my first message be like? I was thinking just straight up saying something like" I live in the USA and I'm coming to Bosnia this summer I think your beautiful we should meet" It seems too aggressive but I don't want to beat around the bush and waste time :D u guys had any luck with this tactic

11. PureEvil

PureEvil Member+

Jul 30, 2014
    California
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    #48061 PureEvil, Mar 20, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
    lmfao dude you should vlog it :laugh:

--
    anyways i was peeping instagram and saw djuric's story and saw him playing on ps4, long story short i took a screen shot managed to decipher his psn id (csi miami style) and sent him a friend request with a mssg stating i appreciate all you did in this japan this summer for our nt etc and if you'd like to game it up sometime when youre bored hmu. Not sure if he will accept or read it but...

lets see what happens. :ROFLMAO:

12. Ronaldinho321

Ronaldinho321 Member

Aug 19, 2015
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    #48062 Ronaldinho321, Mar 21, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
    Hadzjia Sven Susic and Sudžuka repped this.
  13. PureEvil

PureEvil Member+

Jul 30, 2014
    California
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Lets be realistic here for a second. It looks like a good sum of money for the corrupted government to pocket for themselves and not invest in schools etc..

Hadzjia Sven Susic and Zvornik repped this.
  14. Sudžuka

Sudžuka Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Why wouldn't they pocket some of that cash when there aren't any consequences? Politicians have been pocketing large sums of money ever since Bosnia came into existence, yet they keep getting elected. Why would they change their behavior when the electorate keep rewarding them with votes. The politicians are going to keep following the same formula which has helped them stay in office. Bosnians love to complain about how politicians make their lives difficult and they are responsible for the lack of opportunities, but they still keep voting for the same corrupt politicians responsible for the lack of opportunities. Apsurdistan is the perfect term for it.

15. podrinje

podrinje Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 10, 2013
    Bay Area!
    Club:
    Alemannia Aachen
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    The sad thing is that they openly buy votes during election days as was the case during last elections where my cousin and his friends pocketed 75KM each from SDA reps to vote for their candidates. 75!!!!

16. Sudžuka

Sudžuka Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Selling your future for 75 KM, absolutely pathetic. Forgot the website, but is it basically the Bosnian version of eBay, a lot of people were auctioning off their votes on that site.

People often talk about nationalism being a huge problem in Bosnia and causing so many issues, but I would argue there is a lack of it. Young and educated individuals jump at the second to leave the country and go abroad. There is little pride or community among the people, everyone is out to get their own. For example I have a cousin who would rage against people selling their land to Arabs, calling them traitors, as soon as he got an offer he sold out immediately. I don't how people who have little to no interest in the policitics or direction of their country can call themselves "nationalist". I know I'm generalizing(not everyone is like this), but just some observations I've seen over the years. @trts can be probably better identify and define nationalism.

trts repped this.
  17. PureEvil

PureEvil Member+

Jul 30, 2014
    California
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    #48067 PureEvil, Mar 21, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
    I was stating the obvious, everyone knows Bosnia is corrupt as shit. I cant tell you how many times i bribed the cops there, Its just a joke to hear news of Bosnia getting funds etc. They all keep voting for them because theyre all uneducated as fuq and will believe anything people tell them. Its not their fault really, they have no other choice but to listen to their peers and propaganda on tv everyday and never really think for themselves.

The only way Bosnia will see progression is when our generation takes control of power.

18. trts

trts Member+

Feb 3, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yeah, I think xenophobia or chauvinism are probably better terms to use in the case of BiH. Nationalism, ideally, is about celebrating a common history, community, and a common national purpose. So nationalism can be a positive thing. In BiH, almost everything is interpreted through fear or mistrust of the other. There's no common and triumphant history, there's nothing approaching a sense of community (we had some of it during the heyday of Yugoslavia), and there's no vision for the future. It might sound harsh - and there are certainly many exceptions - the more one lives there the less human and the more animalistic one becomes. There's a strong primordial survival mode among people, it's scary. As you said, everyone is out to get their own, but with as little productive work as possible. So when people no longer care about making a difference, when they no longer care about politics, when they no longer care about the future, life continues to be more and more miserable, and people have, in a way, embraced that misery. And that's a perfect environment for the leading political parties. In any normal society, the political leaders in BiH wouldn't be anywhere near power. But it's no surprise that society produces those leaders. They're just a reflection of that backwardness.

I've said this before. The only way for BiH to change for the better is to implement a strong international protectorate, which would reform that country from the ground up, and it might take a generation or two. The war and the post-war period have been so destructive. Not just in terms of death and misery, but in setting that society back a few generations. There's nothing genuinely positive happening in that country, and things are getting worse daily.

Sudžuka repped this.
  19. Sudžuka

Sudžuka Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 27, 2013
  20. BH Fanatico

BH Fanatico Member+

AC Milan
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Aug 7, 2011
    Seattle
    Club:
    FK Sarajevo
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Can't really blame the young people over there who would want to leave. If a vast majority of people are disinterested in changing the status of the country, why waste the precious prime years of your life? Better off trying to work in another European country.

BiH has issues creating that national identity. Really we only see one group that sort of cares about the idea of Bosnia, but unfortunately imams and the IZ control the politics for Bosniaks. Serbs and Croats in general don't really identify with Bosnia, which sucks but you can't force a love for a nation. However everyone could probably agree that trying to improve the economic situation should be a priority.

21. Hadzjia Sven Susic

Aug 7, 2011
    Club:
    Cardiff City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    In chaos and disorder there is always opportunity.

Let it be corrupt. Eventually it will fall. Bosnia has existed for over 600 years in some way shape or form. It will exist for another couple decades minimum, it might disappear for a time or become assimilated to one power or the next, but it will always come back to Bosna I Herzegovina.

Those who want to change it better or worse should do so now in these next 2-10 years.

At least until the entire world becomes on nation.

22. Ronaldinho321

Ronaldinho321 Member

Aug 19, 2015
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Maybe Bosnia should just become a US territory like Puerto Rico lol. That is the only way to create a more normal place. We rip apart Bosnian laws and implement the us constitution.

23. DinoMostarac

DinoMostarac Member+

Aug 16, 2011
    Club:
    FK Velez
    The US seems to have more than enough issues itself these days, I doubt they want Bosnia's superimposed on them as well lol

24. Sudžuka

Sudžuka Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 27, 2013

Young Zmaj repped this.
  25. Young Zmaj

Young Zmaj Member

Juventus
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 7, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina