Juventus 2017/2018 Serie A Season Thread for September [R]

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Dante, Aug 29, 2017.

1. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Come on, you can't use Krasic as an example. He was a terrible diver. Look at Neymar for an example. Remember when Marchisio got on him during a friendly in New Jersey this past summer. Claudio was great exposing that asshole.

2. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Karmic was a true diver. He would try to con there even when no one touched him.

Few "divers" today are that blatant. Usually there is some contact.

But I notice you didn't address my main point. As usual.:(

3. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I agree with you. It is worse as a defender, who can't afford to take a fall. You do not know how many pushes I had to put up with that put me at a disadvantage. Refs never show any mercy for defenders.

juveeer and St. Michael's Sword repped this.
  4. thinredline10

thinredline10 Member+

Juventus
    Apr 2, 2017
    it will only stop when they use VAR after games to issue fines, hit peoples wallets and they stop screwing around. It would have to be a strong but fair fine.

5. thinredline10

thinredline10 Member+

Juventus
    Apr 2, 2017
    Neymar is such a little scumbag. He fills all the checkmarks on the dirty south american player stereotype which is often unfair to players labeled, but it checks out on him.

Watching him and Alves gang up on Cavani to try and take the pk duty from him was disgusting, this is why racism exists. They had no shame in it too, instead they doubled down on justifying it.

His diving was present back in brazil before the Barca move, he used to fall down so much because he would just get outmuscled a lot, but somone had a lot of money invested in him and he was "good looking" which translates into marketable and he could do neat tricks so the refs allowed themselves to be corrupted and this whole thing has gone on long enough.

Some day, he is going to piss someone off and it's going to cost him, he already had his back injured for pissing someone off, one day it will cost him his knee and he may never have a chance to become the player he is alledged to be.

6. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Now Ballack is a central defender?

7. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    No not his primary position, but he was moved there in a few games at the 2006 world cup. Started as a midfielder but dropped back there a few times in the middle of the game, and did really well.

8. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Ballack was almost never played as a center back--and in his limited time in the role, he certainly shouldn't be mentioned with the others you noted.

9. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I guess thats true. I was just thinking about Ballack when making the post and how he performed in the World Cup towards the end of the games, however yes he shouldn't compare with the others I mentioned. Although I still think he in that position would be one of the best defenders in the world right now, even though he really isn't the level of any of the others I mentioned.

10. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  11. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    First Platini now Ballack?

gumbacicc repped this.
  12. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    A little off-topic, but Ancellotti was sacked today. I got to thinking that Max has been here for a while, and overall he has done well. I wonder if there is any thoughts about the club parting ways with Allegri at season's end, irrespective of the performance, if someone like Carletto is available.

13. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    What a stupid decision that would be

14. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    The fact that PSG lost their league to Monaco last season and Bayern seems likely to miss out this year aswell makes our 7 year run look all the more impressive.

Daei_10 repped this.
  15. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Honestly, it would depend upon who would be available as a replacement, but truly I don't want to see Ancelotti at Juve ever again.

EDIT: But damn, Bayern do not f*ck around.

ArtemioD repped this.
  16. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I am happy with Max here, however Ancelotti should take over the Azzurri job!

soji22 repped this.
  17. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Because Allegri has had so much more success than Carletto, right?

18. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    That, I understand. He left us with a bad taste in our mouth given the way we lost that scudetto. However, I can't think of a manager who has a better resume who is currently available.

19. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I hope Carletto goes to the NT team but it probably won't happen.

20. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    It's not just that.

Playing Thierry Henry as winger, then offloading him to Arsenal and watching him become one of the greatest strikers of his generation, literally putting that club on the map. Obviously, Ancelotti was far from the only one to blame for that situation, but it was enough.

soji22 and juveeer repped this.
  21. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Henry was crap with us & it took a few seasons for him to blossom. The two scudetti lost under Ancelotti came under questionable circumstances that favored the two Roman sides. Juve got Buffon, Nedved & Thurman the summer Carlo was let go. Trap & Lippi returned but they had very successful first stints. Ancelotti would be good but the fans will not be crazy about him.

22. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    Not comparable Allegri has a much younger career than Ancelotti. Anyways I doubt Carlo will ever return after his first stint at the club.

23. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    In part because Ancelotti played him out of position. And whether or not it took him a few seasons to bloom, once he does, you want it to be for your club if possible.

Regardless of the circumstances of how we lost those two Scudetti, Ancelotti's teams have always underperformed in league play, at least when compared to how they perform in knockout competitions. You can't blame what happened solely on the rain.

Dante repped this.
  24. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Carlo has been quoted as saying he hates Juve.

He will not be back.

If anything he will replace Montella at MeeeLawn. Or go to the Azzurri, which would be a nice capper for his career.

scirea6 repped this.
  25. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Henry had a rough few months his first season at Arsenal, but he still wound up scoring 26 goals in his first season there. The fact was that he was played out of position at Juve and his play suffered for that.

juveeer and scirea6 repped this.