Juventus 2017/2018 Serie A Season Thread for May [R]

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Falc, Apr 30, 2018.

1. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Are we sure of that though? Not official yet. If he does though, it will probably just be to end off his career.

I am also hearing rumors that he could take some staff role in the Azzurri.

2. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ya i only care for Iran and we probably wont make past a group of Spain and Portugal. My 2nd team was Italy and 3rd USA cuz ive been here for 25yrs now

It sucks that USA didnt make it simply because it will get less attention and excitement from people and media

3. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    A friend of mine coached Steven Beitashour when he was in high school in San Jose on is club team I believe. He was just included in Iran's 35-man preliminary squad for the 2018 FIFA World Cup. I hope he makes the squad. that would be cool! :thumbsup:

Daei_10 and juveeer repped this.
  4. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh thats awesome... ya i like him but there are already 2 experienced players at his position unfortunately so i dont believe he made the final list. I think hes young enough to make the next one hopefully

5. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I think this is his last shot as he is 31. He could make the Asian Football Confederation squad but by the next WC , he will be 35. Too bad that he will be left off...

6. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ya unfortunately thats 1 spot we have coverage. If he was a midfielder he had more chances lol
    Its also circumstances too. Hes all the way in US so he has less exposure to the team and coach and its not so easy for him to hop on flights like European players would.

But ya asian cup 2019 is in January so hopefully he can make the squad then. Didnt realize he was 31

7. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The U.S.A. have probably been in every single world cup since you have been alive.

minus this upcoming version.

8. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Member+

Juventus
    Jul 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It hurts my soul that Italy won’t be in the World Cup this year. What a horrible coached team. I’m hoping Italy works it’s way back to the glory days.

Makes me so sad that I highly doubt I will watch the World Cup.

My heart still aches from that loss in 1998 vs France...

9. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yes but half the time, undeservedly if you ask me. Seriously the Americans like to talk highly about their team, saying they are comparable with second tier European teams, and just that they missed the WC puts them in their place.

10. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Italy missing the WC is much worse, I thought they're supposed to be a first tier European team. Guess they're not even as good as the Americans.

usnroach repped this.
  11. Mean Machine

Mean Machine Member+

May 23, 2018
    True. Although I do believe we are better than the USA, even with Ventura.

12. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Ventura blew it. It would have been a miserable WC with him if they did qualify, so maybe the lesser of two evils with the team not qualifying.

juveeer repped this.
  13. Mean Machine

Mean Machine Member+

May 23, 2018
    I was thinking about actually. I did hear rumors about Ventura being sacked regardless of whether we made it or not, but I doubt they were true. If we made it, we would have had another group stage exit, possibly even more embarrassed than in 2010 and 2014. Might of been good for us not to. I still cannot believe how Ventura even got into that place. Seriously he was unproven, and did not really impress that much with Torino actually. Maybe they did beat Athletic Club in the 2014-15 Europa League, but thats just one tie though, and who knows how seriously Athletic Club were taking it.

The fact is, after Ventura left Torino, and Mihajlovic took over, the club greatly improved. I saw a lot more urgency in the team under Mihaljlovic. Under Ventura, Torino averaged around 53 goals. When Mihaljlovic took over they scored 71 goals. Huge difference in attack. Not saying Mihaljlovic is that good of a manager but you could totally see the difference in front of goal after Ventura left.

When Ventura got appointed I was pretty worried considering how Torino fared under him. Especially seeing the difference after he left Torino. I knew Spain were gonna kill us. No way we upset a bigger team under Ventura. I remember when he was competing against Montella and Di Biasi for coach of Italy, he was my last choice. I would have liked Di Biasi out of those three, and Montella would have been my second choice. How Ventura got there is beyond me. Tavecchio must have been really stupid. I always thought Tavecchio had a heart for the team until I witnessed what happened with Ventura, and then I completely changed my mind about him.

14. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I have Poland as my dark horse. Maybe they will be the surprise of the WC.

juveeer repped this.
  16. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Croatia also.

They gots a lot of "ics" on that team and lot of them "ics" can play.

17. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Forsberg, Darmian, Perin, Cristante. Champions League here we come :rolleyes:

18. cizko

cizko Member

Juve
    Italy
    Jul 14, 2017
    I doubt they are going to be included in the first XI. As backups, I'm fine with them.

gumbacicc repped this.
  19. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Yea, spend 100 mil on backups again :rolleyes:

scirea6 repped this.
  20. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If they didnt go all out for Gigi's last few yrs you think they will now?

Theyre happy going far and winning Scudetti. They are not breaking the bank until 5 yrs from now once they experience few yrs of profit. By 2023 i think we'll start spending.

21. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Member+

Juventus
    Jul 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lmao at the Liverpool goalkeeper, what an idiot LOL!
    Real Madrid getting gifted another CL cup.

22. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Member+

Juventus
    Jul 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    2-1 Real, this gonna be over.

23. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Member+

Juventus
    Jul 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The goal by Bale was just fantastic. Nothing could be done.

24. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Member+

Juventus
    Jul 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Haha! Liverpool better save up money and spend it on gettin Buffon!

25. thinredline10

thinredline10 Member+

Juventus
    Apr 2, 2017
    They are fools if they dont leap in front of PSG and get Gigi.