Juventus 2017/2018 Serie A Season Thread for January [R]

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Falc, Jan 1, 2018.

1. thinredline10

thinredline10 Member+

Juventus
    Apr 2, 2017
    #201 thinredline10, Jan 27, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2018
    what a strange lineup this is. Asamoah at left back?, Stuaro at left mid? Max does weird things and its often difficult to watch.

Chievo is running a 5-3-2.

2. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Have you ever watched Juve play? Asamoah has played as a LB quite often at Juve. Sturaro has played all over the midfield as well.

St. Michael's Sword repped this.
  3. thinredline10

thinredline10 Member+

Juventus
    Apr 2, 2017
    talking about their quality of play. Stuaro typically plays on the right, Asamoah obviously always plays left back only.

however, Asamoah certainly has a lot of pep in his step today, a continuation of last year.good composed passing... he is playing a garbage team tho.

I dont understand selecting him...not when it was just stated that he will be leaving Juve in the summer, something we have heard now for 2 summers in a row.

This is a awful team they are playing tho, only 5 wins and tied for 13th. Why not build Sandro's sale value? This is a perfect game for Sandro to perform.

4. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sturaro has played all over the midfield, and in this game he's dropped back to sitting in front of the backline with Pjanic and Khedira roaming in front of him. Most of Asamoah's appearances this season has been as a LB.

Juve has a Coppa semi-final game against Atalanta on Tuesday, it wouldn't be wise to play all of your starters.

5. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Asamoah gets a yellow, for what seems like nothing.

6. thinredline10

thinredline10 Member+

Juventus
    Apr 2, 2017
    Yeah I am aware of that... but they dont perform well is what I was saying. Chievo is a really bad team and Juve has been sleepwalking since being back on break... Juve dont look any different then they did in the last game.

Why not put a dynamic player like Sandro back on the field, let him build his confidence. Are we really going to roll with Asamoah against the Spurs? They will eat him alive.

Why is Stuaro on the field? Why not Blaise who will be on the pitch against the Spurs if Max is serious about a cl run... he still needs time to increase his form.

OH MY GOD... Asamoah just got juked so badly, i havent seen a guy bite like that in a long time

7. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How is that not a yellow for that foul on Higuain? He was mugging him.

8. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pjanic with a chance in a great spot, straight into the wall. Terrible free kick.

9. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Chievo sucks, no need for all the first team players to play, especially with a tough game against Atalanta on Tuesday.

10. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Higuain gets a yellow for protesting. Second time that Danielle got away with a foul and no yellow. So of course the ref gives it to the other player, who suffered both fouls.

11. thinredline10

thinredline10 Member+

Juventus
    Apr 2, 2017
    first half observations

Mario has some very heavy legs in the final third, good physical presence, but aside from his little flick to asamoah… not great passes.

Panic looks pretty comfortable out there, he should against a weak team like this,

Asamoah’s passing is composed, but he is gradually playing the ball slower and slower when he needs to get it out fast. His crossing is horrible and has gone to a defender directly twice now.

MDS looks pretty competent out there, no mistakes and plays the ball quick, getting wide and open often too.

Gonzalo’s first touch in the final third is prohibiting him from doing anything when he receives the ball. He is doing a marginal job tho in the center of the pitch when he does touch the ball.

Costa is doing a great job moving the ball around the pitch and playing clean passes to spread the ball around. Almost playing in a similar way that Paulo does, MDS then gets high and wide to give him an option.

All chance creation comes from the right of the field, the left side is pretty dull balls being played, Sami is slowly getting more involved in this.

12. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Chievo's Bastien gets his second yellow, deservedly so. Chievo down a man the rest of the game.

13. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Deserved 2nd yellow

14. thinredline10

thinredline10 Member+

Juventus
    Apr 2, 2017
    True and i agree with you. But then why is Max playing Gonzalo, Sami and Pjanic? Two players who he has given an enormous amount of time on the field too?

Why not play a front line of Costa- Mario- Berna since we are using a 433 today?

His choices do not make sense.... and that is why it's tied at 0-0 at the end of the first half basically. He plays favorites and the end product on the field is very ugly.. and its costing guys like Rugani, Berna very valuable development time.

Do any of you even think Rugani will be here next year? Would you stay if you were him? What about Sandro? Would you stay if you were Alex and you saw a guy who was confirmed for leaving playing more frequently then you?

These are the games where the young guys are supposed to be playing.

15. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Second time Pjanic has blown a free kick this game. He got too eager and kicked the ball before everyone was in place. Higuain was still tying his shoes.

16. thinredline10

thinredline10 Member+

Juventus
    Apr 2, 2017
    And just so people dont think I am just saying all the negative things.

Benatia has done a very good job of turning his play around, he looks very comfortable on that back line and probaly plays some of the cleanest passes out of the back, with Barzagli playing clean passes a close second.

Do these guys hate MDS or something? They are ignoring him on the flank quite often... I have watched them switch fields 3 times today instead of playing to him where he is open.

17. thinredline10

thinredline10 Member+

Juventus
    Apr 2, 2017
    Well Gonzalo has been pretty slow to just about everything today... the best thing he has done today is check back into the center of the half and then play a ball to Asamoah, two weak shots, has not been able to maintain posession outside of their box, then he litterally just watched a ball drop into the box and did not use his big body stature to try and contest for it.

He really is bringing this team down with his constant emotional outbursts and his soft play, he looks like a cherry picker out there today... he is basically the complete opposite of what Tevez was for us... obviously we all know that. But he does not even try to make something out of nothing and it's really annoying to watch.

18. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Higuain has 2 shots on target, half of Juve's shots on target. If he's been slow I can't imagine what you think of Mandzukic today. I don't know why you think he's been soft out there, he's won the team a few free kicks, two of which Pjanic totally blew.

We get it, you hate Higuain, but the constant ragging on him has gotten really old.

19. thinredline10

thinredline10 Member+

Juventus
    Apr 2, 2017
    What is the point of the board if people dont talk about things?

Are we only allowed to talk about the happy stuff, witty one liners, parrot what pundits say? I dont understand why my posts are viewed so negatively. I understand that it is not positive words, but its honest observation of what is going on.

and about Mario, I think he is probaly exhausted and this would have been the best chance to rest him while letting one of the kids play in his spot. He just has that heavy legs feel to him.

I have posted a lot of positive things as well about people players that no one talks about. MDS was hated or thought poorly of by everyone on this board and i have commented on his increase in form.

I have complimented Benatia on a very impressive increase in reliable and consistant form, he looks like Leo out there when Leo would have good days, but he has done it nearly every game.

20. thinredline10

thinredline10 Member+

Juventus
    Apr 2, 2017
    And the minute that Berna comes into this game... watch the game open up... watch him put a good challenging shot in the goal, watch him play good balls into the box.

Because he is that good and I dont understand why he is not viewed favorably... so its incredibly frustrating to watch 45 minutes of very average play with no intensity unless it is coming from Douglas Costa, Benatia, or Barzagli. Pjanic gets honorable mention.

21. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sturaro off, Bernardeschi in

22. thinredline10

thinredline10 Member+

Juventus
    Apr 2, 2017
    And also for the record... I understand that you are a moderator and respect your opinion because of the work that you do here and how time consuming it is.

I just disagree and think there is value in the contrary opinions that I add, IMO the good thing about listening to a alternative perspective is that it can be a kind of "fact checker"/ "mind opener" or at the very worst... it reaffirms your own view point.

That is why I dont think my posts are bad, but considering what you have said, I will tone it down.

and tbf... I do adknowledge that Berna got careless there with the ball, the defender knew he would try to flick it back, so he just powered straight into it and was off to the races.

23. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Look at that Bernardeschi gets the ball taken like a noob and Chievo has the best chance of the game.

24. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cacciatore sent off. This ref doesn’t give two shits about anyone.

25. thinredline10

thinredline10 Member+

Juventus
    Apr 2, 2017
    This game is a complete wash now with that send off.

Scoring against 9 guys on one of the worst teams for a win or not scoring against 9 guys for a draw...

Either way, another disturbing trend of very poor play from this team after break.