Juventus 2017/2018 Serie A Season Thread for January [R]

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Falc, Jan 1, 2018.

1. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    Yup much better to spend 90 mil on a 29 year old scored 2 CL knockout goals while playing for Madrid of all clubs. Not to mention that 29 year ended up being a fat 29 year who after a full year is fatter, slower, and is barely a threat for more than half of the season (so far).

St. Michael's Sword repped this.
  2. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    Higuain looks far fitter now than when he joined. His build up and dribbling have been surprisingly pretty good. His movement inside the box has let him down a bit yet he still scores at least every other game.

90m for 4 years out of Higuain might be more than what Morata will give Chelsea. Plus, had Higuain remained at Napoli last year, they would have won the league.

phat, scirea6 and Dante repped this.
  3. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    His dribbling and build up have looked good last season. This season it has been nowhere near good. Taking bad shots outside the box and occasionally playing a decent ball outwide to Cuadrado is not good build up play. Lets not even mention his abysmal movement in the box.

You cant say for sure that Crapoli would have won the league with Higuain. Mertens has pretty much completely replaced his goals and we would have reinvested that money elsewhere.

thinredline10 repped this.
  4. thinredline10

thinredline10 Member+

Juventus
    Apr 2, 2017
    I explained that by Shaky... it meant that his passing is spotty and either is difficult to control or he outright passes the ball to the other team(which only happens on long balls). He always puts in a ton of effort and does not shy away from challenges, but sometimes he does not control incoming passes well and also, sometimes his touch in displacing an opposing defender can result in a lose ball that the other team eats up.

He is still our best defender tho, Barzagli is on par with him... Barzagli just does not have the pace or amount of physicality that Giorgio brings, but I feel Barzagli is more overall reliable... Barzagli generally always covers his man sufficiently.

5. thinredline10

thinredline10 Member+

Juventus
    Apr 2, 2017
    I wonder how much of it is a mental thing, This is a world cup year and his last chance to get to get compete in that Tourney and every elite player wants to be in that...

he has been snubbed before and I wonder if he feels he needs to have a monster year to get the invite. It is why he has been selfless and doing some of the check back grunt work.

He does not look comfortable on the field, he looks stressed and he looks like he has the weight of the world on his shoulders. If he could recover his first touch, everything else would fall in place.

6. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wonder if you actually watch Juve games or you just go on Twitter to get peoples reactions. I'm leaning toward the latter.

7. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #107 Dante, Jan 8, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
    Yeah, I'm definitely leaning towards the latter. With a statement like that it's clear you're not watching Juve games. You definitely didn't watch Saturday's game.

8. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    I've watched every serie a game on bein this season

9. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And you still like Sturaro and think Chiellini has been brilliant this season? You sure you're awake during the games?

10. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Because Benatia has been our stand-out defender for weeks now.

Dante repped this.
  11. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    I love Sturaro because of his grinta, hes funny, and he is the main reason we made that first final imo. Had Madrid scored twice in the J stadium we would have have been done imo.

Chiellini has had a fantastic season. He was poor last game but aside from that hes mostly been rock solid. In the beginning of the season when our D was very shaky he was the only one giving good performances out of everyone in the defense.

12. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    It is because these great performances had been out of the norm for Benatia at Juve. Chiellini has been just as solid during this stretch. Hes taken also been given a bit more responsibility with the ball since Bonucci left and tho his passes usually dont end up all that great, once in a while he'll have a worldie.

13. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    Marchisio injured out for a month :(

We only got 2 seasons of him in his proper position and those two seasons he was absolutely world class.

Really hope he will leave these injuries behind and Juventus can get the real Marchisio back. Should not end his career riddled with injuries.

Forza Marchisio :cry:

Daei_10 and juveeer repped this.
  14. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Where did you read this? I read he is out for a few days but not a month. Are you sure you are not mixing up Marchisio and Dybala? I did read that Dybala could be out for a month but not Marchisio.

15. thinredline10

thinredline10 Member+

Juventus
    Apr 2, 2017
    #115 thinredline10, Jan 8, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
    Where is this news on Claudio at? I can not find it anywhere.. if this is true, that is incredibly disappointing.

16. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    Chiellini's passing over the last month has been so so good. He was amazing in this regard vs Torino.

Still, there is nothing quite like seeing him surge into the opponent's half with the ball at his feet. It's majestic, clumsy, and effective all in one.

St. Michael's Sword repped this.
  17. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Neither can I. I think he maybe mixed up Claudio and Dybala.

18. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Marchisio was not even listed as injured for the last match. He trained separately because of muscle fatigue and was left off the squad as a precaution. As for Dybala, the club has not stated the length of his injury, only that it is being monitored. Rumors have him out for 30-45 days. Nothing official from the club.

19. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Remember, he started at Juve as a LB. He has never gotten that completely out of his system.

The original Juve Warrior. I will never forget his celebration with the fans when Conte won his first Scudetto.

Forza Giorgio!

soccerr9 repped this.
  20. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    That's why I thought he maybe confused them. There have been rumors about Dybala possibly being out for a month.

21. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    That is what I posted. It was in reference to Dybala being out for 30-45 days but this is based on rumors from DiMarzio. No official word from Juventus concerning his recovery period.

22. thinredline10

thinredline10 Member+

Juventus
    Apr 2, 2017
    Is this what is wrong with him? This is the same issue he had in that Italy friendly against (Ireland i think) where he pulled out with a hammy issue in like the 17th minute.

Is his knee ok or has he had reoccurring problems with the knee? There does not seem to be a whole lot of info out there beside he initial diagnosis when injuries first happened.

23. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  24. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lega Serie A has announced that there will be no actions taken against Cagliari for the racist chants hurled towards Matuidi in last weeks game, since the ref didn't hear them. This isn't the first, or second time, that Cagliari fans have been caught doing it. Remember last seasons debacle between Pescara and Cagliari.

25. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    #125 scirea6, Jan 9, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
    These motherf*ckers... these motherf*ckers...

Tangent time: Let's just be honest...

Other clubs are rarely, if ever, punished for racially abusing our players. If Cagliari fans did that against merda or the purple rats, they probably would have received at least a minimal fine. But since it's us, we don't even get that.

And you're right, Cagliari have benefitted from the Lega Calcio's leniency. Contrast that with what they and the FIGC have allowed the sardines to get away with and how they never fail to punish us for the actions of a small group idiots, despite the fact that Juve has made far greater efforts than any other club in Italy to stamp out racism in our own fanbase. All the other clubs do is bitch and whinge when their players are subjected to racist chants, and yet do nothing but ignore or excuse when their own fans engage in exactly the same kind of behavior.

The hypocrisy is both glaring and tremendous, but we're not allowed to complain about it because we win trophies. Our success, according to them, justifies the double standards that we are subjected to.

That's why I'm always utterly bemused when Juventini, usually on social media, support other Italian clubs in Europe because "what's good for the league is good for Juve".

NO. IT. IS. NOT. The rest of Italy wants to destroy this club. How do we know that? Because they had a good go of it back in 2006. What makes anybody believe that eventually they won't try it again, especially if our unprecedented success continues in the foreseeable future? Because they will. It is simply a matter of time.

But in the interim, no mercy: we curb-stomp them. Because It's what they deserve.

usnroach, juveeer, gumbacicc and 2 others repped this.