Juventus 2017/2018 Serie A Season Thread for February [R]

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Falc, Feb 2, 2018.

1. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Seriously, what kind of Kool-Aid are people drinking? Did I receive a serious head injury and not know about it?

Because it's like I'm living in an alternative universe...

juveeer and juventino13 repped this.
  2. OldLady

OldLady Member+

Sep 8, 2011
    Berlin
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Time to divorce?

scirea6 repped this.
  3. thinredline10

thinredline10 Member+

Juventus
    Apr 2, 2017
    #328 thinredline10, Feb 19, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
    Its frustrating to think Claudio will be forced out this summer, plus possibly rugani and Paulo. We all know Claudio is past it, but this is pretty harsh. Stuaro lost the ball 4 times in the last game, he is always trash and Max slots him him instead of a proven dedicated veteran.

Next season.... only Giorgio will be the only guaranteed italian starter.

A juventus that has only one italian starter with MDS, Berna, Spinazzola as spot starters.

Juve will have new jerseys with only 2 stripes and not feature any italians as regular starters except one or two at most.

Max has a bias to rotate guys who are not his favorites and he does not have many favorites, but he rides and dies with them... even losing a CL final and blowing the latest CL game with the same guys.

4. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    What kind of drugs do you take?

5. thinredline10

thinredline10 Member+

Juventus
    Apr 2, 2017
    #330 thinredline10, Feb 19, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
    straight edge with a touch of tobacco.

I just dont trust Max because of what happened with Pirlo after he got back. I believe Claudio is our Pirlo and I think he will do well elsewhere if he is healthy. I can totally see him at Chelsea playing well for them if Conte stays there.

from Pirlos book

“Andrea, our coach Massimiliano Allegri reckons that if you stay, you won’t be able to play in front of the defence. He’s got a different role in mind for you. Still in midfield, but on the left.”

6. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I don't think Marchisio and Conte have the best relationship.

Afghan-Juventus repped this.
  7. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Conte use to bench Marchisio. It was Allegri who devised a system to play Marchisio along with Pirlo, Vidal & Pogba.

Afghan-Juventus repped this.
  8. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not even our second best midfielder.

gumbacicc and juventino13 repped this.
  9. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

10. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    The fact that Conte couldn’t fit all 4 into one team was ridiculous. He was too stuck with that 352.

11. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    I just want to see how Marchisio performs in a midfield where he starts as the regista/CDM with Pjanic further up and Matuidi as box-to-box. Asking Marchisio to play as a box-to-box or mezzala isn't going to bring out his strongest qualities.

It don't think it's been tried once which seems plain odd at this point. Maybe Allegri will surprise us all by using MMP vs Tottenham.

As much as I love Allegri, this year more than most I feel like he isn't getting enough out of the talent he has.

phat and Afghan-Juventus repped this.
  12. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thankfully I live in reality and not in some obscure realm where Marchisio is Juve's best midfielder.

juventino13 and gumbacicc repped this.
  13. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Khedira's numbers against Torino:

Tackles: 0
    Interceptions: 0
    Clearances: 0
    Key Passes: 0
    Shots: 0
    Dribbles: 0
    Blocked Shots: 0
    Aerials Won: 0
    Accurate Crosses: 0/1
    Passes 30

thinredline10 repped this.
  14. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Higuain is expected to miss the game vs Atalanta, but will be available vs Lazio.

15. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    Marchisio doesn't even need to be Juve's best CM. He just needs to give the team more than what Khedira, Bentancur, and Sturaro are contributing.

Khedira has been important to Juve, but lately he has been a ghost.

I think Allegri is too fixated with having Pjanic as regista. Marchisio after his injury can't play as a box-to-box, yet he should can have a positive impact as a regista as long as Matuidi is starting.

Marchisio as regista/CDM with Matuidi box-to-box could free Pjanic to play closer to Dybala and Higuain. Why has this combo not been tried?

16. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    The only thing I have to say about this is that we had better succeed in signing Emre Can this summer...

Dante repped this.
  17. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have no delusions with how bad Khedira has been the past month, he's been bad. Not sure why Marchisio isn't starting since I'd rather see him in Khedira's role at this point.

The fact is that when healthy Pjanic and Matuidi need to start, they're the best pair we have in the midfield right now.

scirea6 and gumbacicc repped this.
  18. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Depending on the circumstances of the match, I think a 4-3-3 interchanging Khedira and Marchisio probably works best for this club. I don't understand what anyone has seen to suggest that Marchisio is our best midfielder; however, he can certainly be useful in games where we would expect to control possession.

19. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Important stat not mentioned (saw this on Twitter)

Torino goals through his zone: 0

phat and scirea6 repped this.
  20. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    Marchisio is 32 with injury problems. His best position is regista he should play there with Pjanic and Matuidi ahead of him.

21. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    Khedira has only been more important while Marchisio has constantly been injured these past two years. In the 2015/16 he was in no way more important than Marchisio.

I dont understand why Allegri plays a half fit Marchisio as a B2B when he clearly no longer has the legs for it and his best position is proven to be as a regista.

I like Pjanic, allot, but he misplaces his passes a lil too much for a regista imo. Also we are wasting his creative ability.

22. thinredline10

thinredline10 Member+

Juventus
    Apr 2, 2017
    We should just drop this topic because its turned the board into a civil war.

Claudio is obviously not the best midfielder on the team, but its not wrong to think he can be a spot starter and regular impact sub in Serie A games and Champions league alike when we compare it to some of the play we have seen this year.

He should be starting all Copa Italia games if he is healthy. We saw this last year, its Max and a juve player butting heads and Max will win. We should just enjoy the rare times we will get to see him play this year because this is his swan song.

It is just hard because I saw all those videos of Max doing so much patronizing and buddy buddy stuff to keep Pogba around and it failed, Claudio wants to be here but he is being deemed surplus. Tired of seeing guys come here and then bolt for "greener grass", a big part of the appeal with Juve was that it had players who pledged full allegiance to the club. Of course, we have had our Ibras, zambrottas, Cannavaros, etc...

But now next season I realize for the first time in a long time, it wont field any of these heros of my youth and I dont see many guys who bleed for the team like BBC once did, like Claudio did, Gigi,Nedved and ADP. I do realize that each generation tends to get softer and less ideological.

Let's try to enjoy what we have left.

And the reason why I could see Claudio working at Chelsea is Conte's preference for blue collar worker bee players who do the simple things and follow his directions. He did call up and play Eder and Giaccherini during the Euros.

23. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006

Tis a puzzlement.

24. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    Oh ya, Pjanic and Matuidi no doubt are Juve's two most important CMs. Without Matuidi, Juve don't have anyone that can press as intensely as he can.

As for Marchisio in Khedira's role, I just don't understand why a Matuidi, Pjanic, Marchisio midfield hasn't really been tried. Then again, Marchisio was reinjured a few times and obviously Matuidi has been out. Maybe this is in the cards soon although I'm not sure if Marchisio should be a direct substitute for Khedira. I'd rather see him interchange with Pjanic throughout a match like has done a few times.

phat and juveeer repped this.
  25. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Double Pivot with Claudio and Mira and Blaise closing down space and the ball in front of them with intelligent pressing by Dybi and Mario!

phat, juveeer and Afghan-Juventus repped this.