Juventus 2016/2017 Serie A Season Thread for February [R]

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Falc, Jan 30, 2017.

1. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    LOL Nainggolan has said multiple times he despises us. No way we will get him. He will likely go to Bayern Munich I am afraid if he leaves. He looks to me like a potential Bayern player.

2. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Radja can f right off to one of those clubs. I would rather him stay at Roma and continue to not win anything and complain about Juve.

phat repped this.
  3. paa10

paa10 Member

Jun 9, 2014
    Now i have a question for the old guys... I was just a kid in the 90s, but for some reason... I remember guys playing and getting hacked badly, but still keeping their feet and not exacerbating fouls like all players do today. Am i romantizing the past or did guys get legit hacked but guys would keep their feet and keep trucking. I remember guys like the original Ronaldo of Brazil doing it, Totti doing it, Vieri and Del Piero doing it.

In regards to this controvery of penalities, I think it's past time soccer rolls out instant replay and lets coaches have like 2 challenge flags to use in a game, that is one challenge per half or 2 to use in the second half much like the NFL does.. Google Glass could be used for instant replay challenges by referees to not eat up time during games on challenges.

4. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    My recollection is the opposite. You had more play-acting in those days because officials weren't carding people for simulation.

5. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    The problem is, if you get fouled and don't go down, you don't get the call.

If the refs did their job properly there wouldn't be a reason o constantly go down. But they don't, so players do.

6. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    The days when players stayed on their feet was during my childhood. The list above includes some of the greatest divers of the game. The South Americans made it an art form and the Europeans followed.

7. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ya the diving was even worse in 90s cuz of less technology, less replays and no social media where shit went viral and everyone saw it