Juventus 18/19 Serie A Season Thread for May [R]

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Dante, May 2, 2019.

1. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    F^ck the Ultras.

usnroach repped this.
  2. NicktheGreek

NicktheGreek Member+

Feb 15, 2001
    Yes I did and you are right.Some perform like it's a birthright to play for Juventus rather than an honor,

3. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    The defensive personnel just isn't as good as it was a few years ago. That 2015 team had a prime BBC, Buffon, Lichtsteiner, and Evra along with a defensively solid midfield. Even Tevez was pretty good defensively compared to Dybala or Ronaldo. It was a great set up for a coach like Allegri. That team's attack was limited, but they were so good defensively. It's unfortunate that they came up against a historic Barca attack without Chiellini in the final.

Now the attacking line of Dybala and Ronaldo leaves the midfield exposed. Bonucci and Rugani are also not good enough to carry a backline. Emre Can I think looks best as a CB but that is a position he needs to grow into. Plus, the players need to take responsibility for horrendous defending on set pieces all year.

A lot of work for the next coach to do.

juveeer repped this.
  4. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
  5. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Truly the end of an era.

Time to rebuild.

6. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    I still have to wonder how this team could have fared IF they had kept Higgy.

7. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    We would have been worse with Higuain, just look at the season he's had, he's done

8. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Maybe, maybe not.

he at least could play as a hold-up #9. Kean is the only other one that can do something similar and Max refused to use him once Mandzu went down until late in the year when he literally had no one else.

9. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Look on the bright side, Kean's blow up will likely guarantee him lots more minutes in the coming season regardless who is coaching (hopefully) especially since Mandzu is becoming injury prone and had an awful second half of the season

10. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Kean is far from ready. He has a lot to learn about the game. His last few outings showed that.

11. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    And the only way he'll learn is by playing

12. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Play, yes. Start regularly, no. Allegri was bringing him along. That is how it should be.

13. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Did I say he would be a starter? No, I didn't

14. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Just giving my opinion. There are many who made him the real thing this past winter. The kid has a lot of potential but he is still raw. To be honest, I am disappointed how raw he is considering that he is a Juve product. Let's hope his manager does not get into his head or that will be another career that does not meet its full potential.

juventino13 repped this.
  15. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Wasn't he called up to the first team last year? I think that's the main reason he's still as raw as he is, he's been in the primavera where of course he isn't going to learn a damn thing. He should continue to improve getting more minutes, and hopefully learning some things from Ronaldo

16. Mean Machine

Mean Machine Member+

May 23, 2018
    One of the reasons why I have so much respect for Allegri!!!! While he maybe wanted to stay longer, he knew it was probably time for him to leave at least for the moment (maybe he returns when the team is different in the next years). He respected Juventus and the management so much, and he understood that it was best for the club. I LOVE Allegri so much, and will continue to always have the utmost respect for him.

17. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kean's dancing is terrible...i dont know why he thinks he's being cool like Pogba or something lol...he has no rhythm and his moves just look like he's having a seizure or something

I think he has a bright future, i just hope he doesnt get all caught up in the fame and Raiola games....his attitude reminds me of Balotelli a little bit, although he does say some mature things at times

18. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    #68 soccerr9, May 20, 2019
    Last edited: May 20, 2019
    Higuain with the ball coming to his feet and back to goal is very underrated in this aspect. Aside from that, he can't really win battles with CBs when Juve are being pressed high where they need to to long. A front three of Higuain, Ronaldo, and Dybala would be pretty atrocious defensively. I suspect the three CMs would be overrun like we have seen this season. If that is the case then one of Higuain or Dybala will be on the bench which is the problem.

As for Kean, he has world class potential right now because he is such an instinctive finisher. His all around game including defending and creating for others isn't good enough. Starting him with Dybala and Ronaldo would require that the other two cover and feed him which isn't going to happen. Ronaldo is the best finisher. Dybala in form is very good in this area. Kean for his age is fantastic in this regard too. Juve need an offensive piece that can do the dirty work to let the other two shine.

As important as Ronaldo was this year, the Atalanta game was a classic example as to how ridiculously Mandzukic dependent this team was. He changed the game. At one point Atalanta opened up Juve and he tracked all the way into the left back position. How many players can win aerial challenges against even the best CBs, support others with his back to goal, press high with intensity, and have the stamina to track back consistently while also being lethal inside the box? Very very few.

19. NicktheGreek

NicktheGreek Member+

Feb 15, 2001
    The only thing that comes to mind is that Sarri waited until the 96th minute to sub him in for Chelsea in the semi final against Frankfurt. He wasn't selected to be one of the PK takers who actually stepped up so apparently the manager had 100% faith in him choking when it matters as usual. Nothing personal Gonzalo, but maybe MLS is next

20. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He was back there because Cancelo had to come off due to a bloodied nose. However, Mandzukic has proven multiple times to be that selfless player even if it sometimes gets us in trouble with his risky passes in our defense 3rd. His output will have to be seriously monitored this season because he is only getting older.

21. ArtemioD

ArtemioD Member+

Jun 2, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    He was on loan with Verona last year. He was on the team the year before that and scored his 1st goal the last game of that season.

22. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    Allegri was forced into using Mandzukic every game going into the Ajax series due to Ronaldo's injury following the international break only for him to inevitably get hurt/excessively fatigued. I do would what would have been had that duo been fully in form like they were in the first half of the season.

23. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Member+

Juventus
    Jul 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dybala sooo bad,,,

juventino13 repped this.
  24. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Its kind of sad that GK Carlo Pinsoglio is making only his second start after exactly one year. I hear he signed on with Juve until 2020 but wouldn't he at 29 years old not want to be a starter?

25. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    As if he's good enough to be a starter