Juventus 18/19 Serie A Season Thread for April [R]

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Dante, Apr 1, 2019.

1. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    [​IMG]

OldLady and scirea6 repped this.
  2. OldLady

OldLady Member+

Sep 8, 2011
    Berlin
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    [​IMG]

:D

Falc repped this.
  3. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Member+

Juventus
    Jul 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Our campaign is over, time to get to the off season and rebuild this team, it’s time to part ways with the following:

Dybala
    Sandro
    Bonucci
    Khedira
    Rugani
    Cuadrado
    Barzagli
    Mandzukic

We need better players and need to replenish.
    We won’t see a drop off in production letting the above go.

4. Mean Machine

Mean Machine Member+

May 23, 2018
    I'd say keep Mandzukic, and Sandro. Dybala I don't know. He hasn't performed this season, but he has in the past, and I just wonder if we should give up on him yet or not?

Mandzukic just works really hard and catches the headers well in the box. Yes maybe he is not in form currently, but he has really done so much for us this season and usually performs when it matters. I LOVE this player, and he is so underrated. Maybe he isn't as consistent as many other strikers, but he always shows up in the big matches and when it matters. Really sad he was injured during our games with Ajax.

Sandro is a good bench player to have. While maybe he is not a starter, he can be in good form at times.

5. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Not sure if they will give up on Bonucci. The reason the brought him back was to help the defense out but that was this season. Not sure they will let him go again.

Barzagli has already retired. If I were Allegri, I'd start him the rest of the way...

Le pagelle di Juventus-Fiorentina 2-1: Alex Sandro il migliore - Serie A …

[​IMG]

Pagelle Juventus-Sampdoria Serie A 2018/2019 | Sky Sport

6. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    No way we are replacing 8 players.

7. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    [​IMG]

scirea6 and juveeer repped this.
  8. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    There's no way they part ways with Mario after just renewing his contract. As much as I'd like to see Bonucci gone, that ain't happening either, especially given Chiellini's age. The only one that we know will be gone is Barzagli given the retirement. I'd be very surprised if you see the rest of the guys dealt. My guess would be two, possibly three of those guys, at most, are out.

9. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As much as I can't stand the guy, I think Bonucci can stay as a bench player. I do not think he is good enough to start on this team and his play has shown it.

As for the game, I commented on it over on reddit but I saw glimpses of the Atletico game in the way we set up and moved the ball. Obviously it was a different intensity so we weren't flying all over the place trying to get at least 3 goals. If Allegri can carve out a consistent system, I wouldn't mind him staying at all. I know we gave up a goal and a slew of chances, but I'm ok with that as long as he is trying to implement said system. Someone brought up a great point in a podcast I was listening to. Instead of Allegri having to outsmart his opponents in order to nullify their system, why can't our system be so strong that the other teams have to change their game to play against us? I felt that was happening when we had the team playing a 4-2-3-1 in 2017.

10. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What indicates that Allegri has actually learned from his mistakes??
    He doesnt learn, keeps doing same stuff and then makes excuses or tries his stand up comedy special at press conferences

Not sure what other embarrassing games you guys need to see before reaching this conclusion.

All good coaches run their cycles and their time comes to an end...mourinho, benitez, di matteo, ancelotti and many others have won CL and had good careers but now they are shadow of what they were. Good teams know when to move on and get into a new cycle.

11. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fair enough on your last point, all cycles run their course. But there aren't any good coaches that are actually available to take over unless we are to pay a team to take their coach. If we are to do that, and they aren't a pragmatic coach, we will very likely be rebuilding for a year or two and we can't afford to do that with Ronaldo's wages.

Second, if we are being honest, we historically are riddled with embarrassing losses in the Champions League and Europa League. We are 2-7 in finals, that is embarrassing.

If we are talking about the league well we have only lost 18 times in 5 years with Allegri.

Daei_10 repped this.
  12. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    We lost 7 times in three years under Conte (with lesser sides). We can't laud Allegri for his domestic record while simultaneously maintaining Conte was shit where Conte had the superior domestic record.

Daei_10 repped this.
  13. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    I don't think Conte had "lesser sides".

He had a better, younger defense; a much better midfield on all counts, and a decent attack after his first year.

Dante repped this.
  14. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd hardly call a midfield of Vidal, Pirlo and Pogba lesser, especially with the BBC and Buffon in defense and goal.

juveeer repped this.
  15. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Guys like Peluso, Giaccherrini, Matri and Vucinic would get on Allegri's sides?

16. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Both managers had these same players at some point during their tenures. The difference is that the supporting cast for Allegri's sides were far better. Ronaldo, Douglas Costa, Dybala....

17. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm certainly not saying that Conte was shit domestically. As you pointed out, in the league, his record is better than Allegri. Even going unbeaten his first year in charge! However Antonio Conte only won 1 domestic double and was 1 of 2 making it to the knockout rounds of the Champions League. I loved the team under Conte, I just don't think he is the person to take the team to a Champions League title. To be fair, I'm not entirely sure Max can either :\

18. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How long did it take Juve to get to that point? Even Allegri in his first year, making it to the CL Final, didn't have that type of attack. I'm not defending Allegri here, but there's no ********ing way I want Conte to come back. He's proven himself in Europe with Juve and Chelsea, and it's not something that Juve can afford.

Conte seemed to care more about Serie A than Europe.

juveeer repped this.
  19. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    I'm not advocating for a Conte return. I have no problem with supporters taking issue with him given the way he left. Any criticism he gets in that regard is well-deserved.

I am just tired of hearing all this praise for Allegri where I am convinced that any halfway decent manager would have been capable of similar results with the squad at his disposition. If you disagree, let's see how Allegri fares after he leaves.

Daei_10 repped this.
  20. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ya i think people are reading too much into this Conte vs Allegri thing. I dont want him back but to me he is not worse than Allegri, they both have their shortcomings. However what concerns me most about Allegri is he has regressed since 2017 and it seems to be getting worse each year. The mentality is weak and at least Conte had a fighter mentality and we didnt play like pvssies.

21. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  22. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006