Just Curious...Do american football kickers use soccer cleats?

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by snsj4, Oct 14, 2002.

1. snsj4

snsj4 New Member

Oct 3, 2001
    O.C. ,California
    I sometimes see them wearing half tennisshoe/americancleat and some other cleat.

2. LotharDSM

LotharDSM New Member

Oct 3, 2002
    Des Moines, IA
    There's probably a variety of answers depending on the surface (artificial turf, grass, muddy conditions, etc.) but when I kicked in high school (they didn't have a soccer program) I used my regular everyday soccer boots. I've seen some have a longer cleat on their plant foot to make sure they didn't slip and then just about anything on their contact foot that was comfortable.

3. Jerlon

Jerlon Member

Aug 29, 2001
    Western NY
    Many kickers do this mainly because football cleats aren't meant for kicking the ball. I'v seen lots of players with their football spike on one foot, and their Adidas copa on the other.

4. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    that is what i see most of the time as well...

in college, the kickers tend to wear copa's on their kicking foot...i dont watch a lot of nfl games so i wouldnt know what the pros wear...

5. Ben16

Ben16 New Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Georgia
    It really depends on the kicker. The kickers at my school wear the champagne (sp) manias.

6. microbrew

microbrew New Member

Jun 29, 2002
    NJ
    Or go barefoot.

7. bov07

bov07 New Member

Aug 21, 2002
    i'm the kicker at my hs. i wear tight copas. its basicaly the same as with soccer. you want a clean striking surface. and copas are a nice clean boot. i dont like the two different shoe thing. personally it looks stupid. just wear the same 2 shoes. and if its wet, wear sg's.