June 4, 2014 Match 64 Pooling

Discussion in 'WC 2014 Travel and Tickets' started by ItZa, Jun 1, 2014.

1. ItZa

ItZa Member

Jan 18, 2008
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Unfortunately we are cluttering the Scorpyn thread with unrelated banter so I've created a separate thread to try and clean things up.

As per article from: http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/news/y...ons-at-seven-brazilian-airports--2347125.html

On Wednesday 4 June a very limited number of tickets for all 64 matches, including the opening match and the final, will be made available on FIFA.com/tickets only (the exact time will be communicated in the coming days).

------------------------------------------------------------

It may be a good idea if several users on this Forum band together to achieve the common goal - Match 64 tickets. If there is a queue, some of us will have better chances than others by default due to location, internet connection and the biggest factor of them all: LUCK.

I'll make this simpler with the most obvious example I can think of - I'll be going straight for Match 64, now if @BMfutbol16 is serious about wanting to pool in with me (see Scorpyn's thread), if either he or I get past this potential queue that will be around on June 4th, then we snag 4 tickets and split it - complete trust will be involved in which neither party should back out of payments should the other person be successful in landing tickets.

What happens if BMfutbol16 and I are successful in landing 4 tickets each? Distributed to the rest of the members here on BigSiccer for face value.

Post here if you are interested in pooling with other potential BigSoccer users for match 64 or other matches.

scooterz and BMfutbol16 repped this.
  2. NikK2014

NikK2014 Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Hi. I'm definitely interested in pooling, I had very good luck getting past the queue last time to get the games that I wanted. Now, only needing 2 tickets for #64. If anyone wants to pool in to double our chances, just let me know. GREAT POST ItZa!!!

3. Simon Overall

Simon Overall Member

Sydney FC
    Australia
    May 7, 2014
    Sydney
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Good idea Andy. Definitely keen.

4. Beautiful Game 2010

Jul 11, 2006
    Western Hemisphere
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yes, good idea. I am in too, but I am not sure how we would meet up? I guess that could be worked out later.

5. maxbigs

maxbigs Member

Apr 28, 2014
    In!!! Also looking for M62. I am in SoCal, can meet in person as well.

6. ewacky

ewacky New Member

Apr 2, 2009
    Portland, Oregon
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm in!

7. scooterz

scooterz Member

Mar 12, 2014
    Great idea. Been lucky in FCFS phases so far, so I'll have my trigger-finger ready...

8. BMfutbol16

BMfutbol16 Member+

Real Madrid
    Feb 25, 2014
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes. Like ItZA said, ill be shooting for 64. I will also be going for 58. I only need 2 but i will try to get 4 if someone wants to pool. I got in pretty quick on last 2.(i wasnt looking for 58,61 then). Let me know

9. jamfactoryken

jamfactoryken Member

Feb 27, 2014
    Exeter, England
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    I will be going for four M1 and four M64 tickets. The M1's are for @Stuckin1au. And I need 2 M64, for myself and Karen. I am also looking out for one for @Rubens Takashi as part of a long-standing agreement. So if I can get four M64 there will be one spare. I think posting here is a statement of intent. If you get spare M64 tickets then you are saying that you are willing to sell/trade your spares at face value to other BS members. Which captures the intended spirit of the board perfectly.

Well done ItZa

10. GHurst66

GHurst66 Member

Feb 26, 2014
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    I'm in to try & get M64 for the BS group, not planning on still being there come July 13. But will flyback down if the 1 in a million chance happens and England make the final. Shit I was 1 year old last time that happened!!

11. whiskerxx

whiskerxx Member+

May 30, 2006
    Your best chances of getting #64 tickets is to request singles

12. BasSoccer

BasSoccer New Member

Feb 26, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Good idea. Count me in also!

13. jamfactoryken

jamfactoryken Member

Feb 27, 2014
    Exeter, England
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Mate, I think if you get through a queue, then it's down to how many tickets are left. No?

14. ItZa

ItZa Member

Jan 18, 2008
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Remember guys this is all theorizing at the moment - I have no concrete information if there will be a queue or not on June 4th but there is some information FIFA are going to release in regards to times etc - I'm a believer there will be a queue but I might be wrong - if there is no queue, the app users will win - though the reason why I think a queue will be in place is because FIFA will try and avoid a clusterf*** and stop things going into meltdown.

April 15 I think it was, there was only 310 SP semi final tickets and I was luckily enough to snap 2 of them up and 2 BH semi finals as well straight after, so if they release minimum 300 and we get in the queue early enough, I think we'll be golden.

Also another thing, how much are people are willing to to pay for FINALS tickets? The minimum is $440USD per ticket whilst the max is $990USD. I'll be aiming for the Cat 1s as I believe they will increase my chances further as Cat 2 and 3 will be done first surely...

15. whiskerxx

whiskerxx Member+

May 30, 2006
    You might be right. But it seems you are thinking that if you get through the queue and you want four tickets and there are just four tickets left, scattered north, east, south and west, you will get those four tickets? Whereas I think that it will reject your application and proceed to the next person looking for a single.
    I obviously have no idea how sophisticated the ticketing allocation system is, and there is a certain logic that selling only singles wouldn't be a good thing either. But if you get through the queue and ask for 1 I think there is a better chance of getting it than getting through the queue and asking for more than 1.

(Perhaps ppcar could clarify for us?)

Edit - I'm also confused about the notion of a queue??? Hasn't it been reported that the message saying that you are in a queue is a load of bs and that people have reported that ignoring that and F5'ing like crazy has worked for them. That's the whole point of the scanner isn't it? You don't have to F5, you let the scanner do its work and when a gap appears your are in?

16. Stuckin1au

Stuckin1au Member+

Dec 22, 2013
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia

I'll be going for Match 1 x 4 also for @jamfactoryken as we have a long standing Pact on certain games.....The score is currently 1-0 but as a Fulham fan he knows the Football Gods owe him a little luck.

17. jamfactoryken

jamfactoryken Member

Feb 27, 2014
    Exeter, England
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    The score is 1-0, but as a Fulham fan I expect to concede a few more goals before the end of the game!!

Stuckin1au repped this.
  18. sats

sats Member

Jun 23, 2006
    I am trying to sort a mate with 2 Match 62 and 64, another mate off here for Match 50 and I need ideally 3 Match 58. If I score extras will help others on here. Oh yes I also need Match 60 for a friend who has helped many on Trip Advisor, I have already sorted her with a Brazil ticket..
    Good luck to everyone

19. MattC

MattC Member

Dec 26, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I'd love to be involved in an attempt to pool resources and get multiple M64 tickets. Unfortunately I leave Australia on the 3rd of June so my ability to buy tickets might be limited (I might have limited access to a PC and the internet). Luckily, the time difference will be in my favour and it wont be at an ungodly hour like it will probably be back in Australia.

I've previously purchased semi final tickets on my phone and had little trouble, so my hope is that I can do the same for the final. I imagine it will be VERY tough and I'm not getting my hopes up too high though.

20. celtic67

celtic67 Member

Aug 28, 2013
    Australia
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Absolute genius of an idea Itza! If you were to purchase tickets for 3 others, does that mean you would require their full names and passport numbers to finalize the purchase?

21. belfasteric

belfasteric Member+

Northern Ireland
    Apr 22, 2014
    Northern Ireland
    Club:
    Glentoran FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Northern Ireland
    is that a serious ? celtic 67

22. massi83

massi83 Member

Nov 4, 2013
    Sounds good.

23. Cambo

Cambo New Member

Nov 13, 2013
    Western Australia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Great idea. Count me in! I'll be looking for 2 tickets to Match 62 & 64, so will help out if I get in!

24. supergringo

supergringo Member

Nov 9, 2013
    Interesting, I want to buy two for me and my buddy, and I will be in flight to SP. I have two or three WC buddies attacking for me at this time. Never thought of going for 4 and sharing. Down.

25. celtic67

celtic67 Member

Aug 28, 2013
    Australia
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    It is champ. The only time I've purchased tickets I had to provide the names and details of my guests, hence the question...