Juan Guillermo Cuadrado - News & comments

Discussion in 'Colombians Abroad' started by BigSoccer Bot, Apr 4, 2009.

1. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    He's played on the right a few times this preseason and replaced Cuadrado there yesterday.

2. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
  3. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Happy for him was worried with all the money they spent on transfers that he was out the door.

sidspaceman repped this.
  4. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  5. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    pepinointer repped this.
  6. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Another assistance this time against torino to pjanic

Got ovation when he was subbed

7. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  8. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    apparently he played great on the victory of his team against sporting

9. usfan1234

usfan1234 Member

Oct 10, 2017
    [​IMG]
    What is he doing wrong on the NT?

10. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    IMHO he is not properly judging when to dribble and when to pass, and looks for the contact too often; referees know that and don't call foul half the time resulting on possession loss too often.

It is not all his fault; he has not developed good chemistry with Arias, as he used to have with Zuñiga, since the younger guy does not have the stamina and positioning that Camilo had in 2014. This isolates him on the right and makes him very predictable.

ryu79 repped this.
  11. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    your face is very predictable

I kid I kid :D
    nice graph though, insane how many times Neymar tries to dribbleo_O

12. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    I meant it's futbol 101. The difference is that he knows he has NO one fighting his position with Pekerman... At Juventus they are 3 people deep in every position and you're a transfer window away from being sent elsewhere.....

13. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Dont think so...chara is in the shadow....

I agree with dapip that arias incapacity have affected him

14. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    I just think he picks poor times to dribble and is too predictable, too many times he has a pass to make but dribbles, too often he dribbles in predictable positions from a flat footed position making the dribble that much more difficult. He's just not making great decisions, for Juve he could be doing better as well, he also doesn't look to get behind defenses enough which makes him more predictable as well. Basically he needs to work on his movement on and off the ball and his decision making, if he did that the guy would be world class, but he doesn't he plays very one dimensional and isn't growing as a player.

15. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Pekerman is a hard believer in his core. Almost stubborn. Same stubbornness that will also have C.Sanchez start no matter what.

Cuadrado will start in the WC. He will 'live or die' with his main core: Falcao, Ospina, Zapata, James, Cuadrado, Sanchez, Arias. All of these players have had their ups and downs, some more than others but at almost 70yrs old, why would you NOT rely on what's worked....I mean what's next? As much as it frustrates me to watch Cuadrado play at 50% of what he can be most games, here we are in another WC. Truth is, these guys are still extremely talented, starters on 9 out of 10 squads.

Doogs and dapip repped this.
  16. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I don’t a agree on Sanchez and Zapata.

Look Mina and Davison just popped up and are way way way better Cbs. Zapata doesn’t start for Milan then he will lose his spot that I think he already has.

Arias and Sanchez are starters because no one else out there that has shown enough to bench either. I don’t see another RB unless Zuniga has a monster 6 months. Sanchez we have a crap ton of CMs. With 6 friendlies to go out of the core guys you mentioned he is the most likely to not start other then Zapata. But I agree his core guys will be in Russia. I just don’t agree they will all start

17. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    En lo de Sanchez otras vez eliges ignorar , que cuando jugó igual de poco con en villa como ahora , pekerman lo sentó 5 partidos seguidos por torres , Pérez y hasta celis

Su fichaje por la fiore lo ayudó . Pero esta temporada no completa 250 minutos

18. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    Sigh. Always this tone.

Since the World Cup, there's only ever been 4 matches in a row Sanchez didn't play: Bolivia, Ecuador, USA, Paraguay.

That Pekerman sat him down because he wasn't playing for Villa is entirely false. Sanchez didn't play a single match for Villa In February or March of 2016 due to injury. He didn't play against Bol or Ecu because he was ruled out.

So, Perez and Torres started 2 matches over Sanchez in the Centenario and that's mainly because Pekerman preserved the lineup from the previous 2 wins. In that very same tournament, Sanchez, regardless of what was happening for him at Villa, started the third match and started every single important match he's been available for since.

Perez impressed in his first 2 matches and performed poorly in his next 3. He, and Torres, had earned those 2 starts over Sanchez and, in Pek's eyes, earned his way back to the bench. Sanchez' form at Villa had NO effect.

kromekote repped this.
  19. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    #2769 pepinointer, Oct 21, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2017
    Que sensibles los aficionados de Sánchez f.c

Entonces uno no se puede preocupar por qué el tipo no lo meten en Italia ? Y toca conformarse ...contra Venezuela y Paraguay se equivoco muchísimas veces en zonas importantes

Sánchez esa temporada en inglaterra jugó muy poco independientemente de lesionarse . Para la época de la convocotaria el ya estaba disponible

Yo no estoy hablando si Pérez o torres rindieron o no . Pekerman los prefirió en su momento

5 partidos si se cuenta el amistoso contra Haití . Es mi punto

Entonces que Sánchez no juegue nunca más esta temporada por su club y le den la capitanía de la selección y puesto perpetuo

Sacaron a falcao nuestro goleador histórico en Europa y selección por inactividad .....y no se puede considerar sacar a un tipo que no le llega cerca en talento y logros a el ?

En serio que tanto le molesta que yo piense que es preocupante que Sánchez no juegue ???

me parece errónea la analogía de @kromekote ...son realidades muy distintas . Es mi opinión

En serio los sanchez fc que le bajen .y celebren que el jugador de 21 años barrios se lesionó

20. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    #2770 Azucarero, Oct 21, 2017
    Why do you always distort what people are saying?

You told CRZD that he ignores the fact that Sanchez got benched for 5 games because he wasn't playing for Villa. That's factually incorrect. We shouldn't count the Haiti match as it was a friendly and neither James nor Cardona played that day, but I'll let you slide.

There are 2 important matches that Sanchez didn't start, and in that same tournament he won back the starting position. His form at Villa had nothing to do with his not plying.

CRZD is not wrong in calling Sanchez a core guy or perhaps even in saying that he starts because no one has done better.

Campaign against Sanchez all you want. No one has a problem with that. But for a guy who gets on people's case for 'ignoring' facts, you're using A LOT of false information to try to prove your point.

Edit. You're right; it was Krome, not CRZD. My mistake. But you're not gonna see me get into a whole game of semantics to explain that I didn't make that mistake.

21. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Crzd? Is kromekote . That happen when you read what you want

Campaign against Sanchez ? Jajajaja So is OK and WONDERFUlL that he is not playing in Italy and I can't give an opinion !!

Yeah you decide what count and not count

Isn't false information . In wcq 2014 and in wcq 2018 he wasn't always the main guy and we got results despite his absence.

analgies with cuadrado , James , falcao our talented and successful guys can't apply to Sanchez ...he is repleaceable Isnt a secret.

Unfortunately the guy that replace sanche should play with someone with the carachteristixs of Abel to perform well

22. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    Ugh. You sink further and further. What sick person has celebrated Barrios' injury anywhere? Your allusion to that is the only semblance of that notion I've heard to date. Again...false information.

In fact, if you're insinuating that I'm happy that he got injured, go look for the first report of his injury. I and everybody else expressed our annoyance that Barrios wouldn't be getting his first chance to start over Sanchez because of the injury.

As for Falcao, you're ignoring another key fact. Falcao was gone from the seleccion for months...after several months of poor performances both for Colombia and Man U. Pekerman stuck with him hoping that he'd turn it around, and you yourself were one of the biggest supporters of that continued decision.

He started every friendly he was available for PRe-Copa America and started each match until he was finally benched. He was getting called during the early run of the qualifiers but lost his starting position to the in-form Bacca. Then he got ANOTHER injury and that did him in until he revived his career at Monaco. Perkerman stuck with him until he got injured again, which pretty much goes against your argument against Sanchez.

Another bad example.

23. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    #2773 pepinointer, Oct 21, 2017
    Please respect im not insulting you im just giving my opinion...

Man im sorry, but for me colombia nt is more important than carlos sanchez....it seems that for you is a nightmare just suggest use another guy for that reason i supposed that you are happy that barrios is injured that was the guy in better form in that position. because he was in the row.

I wouldnt suggesting replaces for sanchez if he would play in fiorentina..but he is almost inactive

Im just worry that he isnt playing in italy (less than 250 minutes ( in 3 months and have been available all the mathes. bad matches against paraguy and venezuela too are another reason )

I think that pekerman should look for a replacement and use in proper way. not just stuck with sanchez

I hope sanchez start to play in fiorentina and then he can be starter in nt.........i think that he is not a retired payer or a rip player......as other have did when a player have a bad moment.

But i dont think we have a deficit of DMF to just ........maybe of cmf

Falcao:

When falcao was inactive was in Chelsea...didnt play since almost september to the end of the season......that was the period that stop to be called in the nt actually.

In manchester he didnt play always and performed well.....but he wasnt inactive.

I defended falcao perfomance in copa america , because all people use him an scapoe goat when no forward received services in that cup........but imho bacca deserved to started.

Cuadrado is playing as starter in juventus and some people want chara over him......so i dont have the right to think that sanchez can be sub

24. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    come on Pepino, what's with the first comment? We're all Colombian!! Of course we want what's best. NO ONE posting here is opposed to having Carlos Sanchez as an alternate. And Sanchez has been one of his work horses.

If you think Sanchez is the problem from us being this all attacking, aggressive team that has all opponents worried than we're not watching the same game. You want Barrios, instead? I have no problem with that decision but it doesnt matter because we still have the same anemic attack with no surprise, speed or punch. Cuadrado will still dive, Cardona will be hot/cold, we will depend on wether James has enough drive and not get caught up in dumb antics and hope that our wingbacks contribute.

25. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    He have played this season less than 200 minutes. he can't arrive to a World Cup with this average of minutes

Yeah I'm cleared that for you is irrelevant because he is falcao ., James etc