Joseph Gyau

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by So_Cal23, Jun 27, 2010.

1. Werdman89

Werdman89 Member+

May 27, 2008
    Boston, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    hmmm, trophy case does know the Hoffenheim's technical director...looks like we'll just have to wait and see

2. Lascho

Lascho Member+

Sep 1, 2008
    Hannover, Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Maybe we have different definitions of "close". This is Hoffenheim's first team; 29 players, and Gyau is not listed among them. So one could say he still has to beat at least 12 players to make the bench.
    Bundesliga clubs usually use something like 25 players during a season.

3. trophy case

trophy case Member

Feb 8, 2008
    new york
    That's not how it goes. They can pull him up at anytime even if he is not on the list. Tanner believes he is the most talented young player they have and they don't want to give him too much too early. They want him to gain experience with consistent playing time on the 2nd team. Have you noticed the players on the bench for the first team sometimes don't play at all. Dennis plays 2nd team games because he is being groomed. You will see Gyau and Dennis T. Playing soon. The national team has been talking to Bernard P. About Gyau's development and Hoffenheim is very Happy.

4. Smithsoccer1721

Smithsoccer1721 Member+

Feb 16, 2007
    Middle of the Table
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So the website is the end all be all of being on or making the first team? When someone (who is reliable and credible) says they are looking to get him into first teams games this season thats not enough to make you think he is close?

5. ielag

ielag Member+

Jul 20, 2010
    Timothy Chandler wasn't "close" to making Nurnberg's 1st team at this time a year ago either...

6. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    It's one of these things that's a case by case deal.

1) We know that playing first-team football is important to national team coaches. They all talk about it.

2) Just because a guy like Gyau hasn't broken into the first team at Hoffenheim, doesn't mean he isn't superior to a guy who gets first team football in a lesser league. (say MLS...........)

So it's just a matter of Klinsmann needing to do the necessary scouting/legwork to determine whether he wants to take a look at the kid.

7. Lascho

Lascho Member+

Sep 1, 2008
    Hannover, Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Of course not. There are some dozens of players at Gyau's age every year who heard "you're close to the first team" from a club official. Why not? It doesn't cost a single Euro to tell them they're close.
    They're really close when they're on the bench, and get minutes. Gyau doesn't even have a shirt.

8. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So you are saying he doesn't deserve a call up until he makes a significant contribution for a Bundesliga club?

9. ielag

ielag Member+

Jul 20, 2010
    No nothing to with the USMNT picture.

Just that Chandler wasn't a guy really thought of by Nurnberg making an impact for the 10/11 season at this stage last year. So, just because he isn't listed as 1 of their 29 1st teamers doesn't mean he can't make make an impact for Hoffenheim this season.

Joe's path could be similar to Chandler's. Play the 1st Half of the season with the reserves, and then get a chance to show his stuff during the winter break training camp.

10. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    To confirm, yes anything is possible. We will have to wait to actually see what happens then react to the facts at that moment in time in the future.

11. FirstStar

FirstStar Hustlin' for the USA

Fulham Football Club
    Feb 1, 2005
    Time's Arrow
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If true (and I have no reason to doubt you), this is all the more reason to lay off the National team talk. Joe's coming along nicely with his club but still has a long way to go to be become an established starter-- let's give him some space to focus on that goal first, because it's essential to him developing into his full potential.

Besides, to be honest, while I saw some very exciting flashes of talent and skill from Joe in the U-20 qualifying last year, he didn't look anywhere near ready to play for the senior side.

12. STLCover2

STLCover2 Member

Mar 27, 2006
    tamarack36 Joseph Claude Gyau
    To all the homies out there waiting for my national team call up. I have no Idea when its gonna be, but I'm on the grinnd so maybe soon

http://twitter.com/#!/tamarack36

13. El Michael

El Michael Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Club:
    DC United
    I have to ask what does on the grinnd mean? on the radar? Playing well?

14. STLCover2

STLCover2 Member

Mar 27, 2006
    It means that, at least in his estimation, he's been working hard.

15. trophy case

trophy case Member

Feb 8, 2008
    new york
    Gyau just started practicing after a week off. Russell C. is also looking really good.

16. Peretz48

Peretz48 Member+

Nov 9, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Nice to hear about Canouse. And Renken?

17. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    It means he is working hard

18. Kool Herc

Kool Herc Member

Oct 17, 2008
    Dallas
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    from the USMNT blog regarding Klinsmanns plans post Belgium:

19. LiverAndPineapple

May 7, 2008
    Joe has made the 18 for Hoffenheim's Bundesliga game tomorrow.

20. Werdman89

Werdman89 Member+

May 27, 2008
    Boston, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Such good news. Man, how far this thread has come. Way to may me look stupid Joe.

Watching a kid grow like this has to be one of the best parts of following soccer.

21. Aduesque

Aduesque Member

Atlanta United
    May 11, 2010
    Georgia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Hilarious. I can't believe that one poster said Gyau will never make the Nats or the Black Stars. Great post by me on the second pag just to mention.

22. izha

izha Member

May 24, 2002
    That "bad" Gyau dad wasn't listening to coaches, administrators and trainers, unlike some "good" parents. Now the "good parents" somehow are blamed that everything that happened to their kids is their fault. In a couple years talking of Bradenton, Gyau will be portrayed as a big success of the wonderful program.

23. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Both things can be true.

Gyau could have been a colossal pain in the ass............and the setup at Bradenton has problems.

All I know is there are other players who were at Bradenton the same time as Gyau that already in the pros as well (Gil, Kitchen, MacMath, Sarkodie, Agudelo, McInerney, etc.)

We don't need to have a Bradenton bitch session every time somebody mentions Joseph Gyau.

24. Susaeta

Susaeta BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 3, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Amen.