Jordan Hamilton

Discussion in 'Toronto FC' started by whitbytfcfan, Apr 20, 2019.

1. whitbytfcfan

whitbytfcfan Member

Apr 9, 2016
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    In the "Where will goals come from?" discussion after Giovinco's departure, we did have the rumours of Pozuelo's arrival and we still had Altidore but I did not expect an answer to be Jordan Hamilton. Three goals in 160 minutes of play and all of them were important goals. Very nice to see! This team needed the supporting cast to step up. Hamilton is making an early case for being the most improved player in MLS, hopefully he can continue his good play. What surprised me most about his goals yesterday was that the ball didn't just find him in a good spot, they were both aggressive plays, one with a perfect well-timed run and the other with just more desire to get to a loose ball than the defender who was late to see him charging in. It's an instinct for goal that he just hasn't had in previous seasons.

2. Kingston

Kingston Member+

Oct 6, 2005
    I agree. That second goal was especially nice. Not for the goal itself but for the "I want the ball more than you do" attitude it displayed. That was not something we saw from Hamilton a couple of seasons ago.

As I wrote elsewhere, I think Hamilton could do what Osorio did if he is given the chance. Perhaps we'll see more of him over the next couple of weeks with Altidore out injured.

3. RetreadFC

RetreadFC Member

Sep 8, 2008
    Oshawa
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It's interesting that Vanney lost interest, or confidence in him. Even with Jozy out for Gold Cup, Vanney put Pozuelo up front instead of him. In any case, he's gone now.

4. adammac19

adammac19 BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 31, 2006
    Sydney Mines
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I was surprised to by this move, Hamilton did do good for himself as after last season it looked like player heading to CPL but took his chance given by the club and chipped in with a few goals. I think he offers a lot more then what we seen from Boyd but hopefully Mullins can offer a bit more going forward in scoring depth.

5. whitbytfcfan

whitbytfcfan Member

Apr 9, 2016
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    So given our history with this, what's the prediction for how many goals he scores against TFC when they meet in August? Two? Three? Or perhaps just a 92nd minute game winner?