Joevin Jones Thread

Discussion in 'Seattle Sounders FC' started by Kick The Ball, Jan 14, 2016.

1. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know literally nothing about Jones. :) He was on a really, really bad team last year and was part of a defense that was tied in the league for most goals gllowed. Maybe you can enlighten us as a person from T&T on him?

2. Kick The Ball

Kick The Ball Member

Jun 13, 2001
    Trinidad and Tobago
    He plays on the left wing and played there for Fire also, can blame him much for their defence.

He is calm, can dribble past 3 players, good with free kicks (not great) and can cross the ball, he's not afraid to shoot either. Loves going forward. Very good addition to your team and he's only 24.

Yoshou repped this.
  3. Yoshou

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hopefully you meant we can't blame him much for the Fire's defense. :) We just lost our starting left back and his replacement hasn't quite developed as we had hoped. I suspect that is where Sigi plans for him to play. Sigi plays the outside back's more as wing backs with expectation that they'll be involved in the attack. It sounds like Jones will fit in well in that..

4. Kick The Ball

Kick The Ball Member

Jun 13, 2001
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Yes, sorry, I meant Can't.

5. Last Line of Defense

Jul 2, 2013
    Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

I just found out about the Jones trade today. So excited to have this guy on the team. Last season I thought Jones was hands down the best LB in the league. He also played extremely well for T & T in the gold cup I believe. He is athletic, can defend 1 v 1, and get into the attacking third. We lost games last season entirely on not being able to have a left back who didn't look lost in the woods. Now we just need to work on upgrading the midfield.

6. Kick The Ball

Kick The Ball Member

Jun 13, 2001
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Joevin scored 2 for T&T last night, the second was a classic.

7. Yoshou

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wish he'd do that with the Sounders.. He seems to be where offense goes to die with us..

8. Trini_Boi

Trini_Boi Member

9. Kick The Ball

Kick The Ball Member

Jun 13, 2001
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Heard today in Trinidad that Joevin Jones could be headed to Europe with clubs AS Roma, Juventus, FC Porto, and Valencia CF showing strong interest, more to come.

10. Yoshou

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hmmm.. That seems.. odd.. Jones is a very frustrating player. One moment he is showing moments of brilliance, the next he is making boneheaded moves and giving the ball away needlessly. I'm not sure he's consistently good enough for the teams you mention to actually get playing time.. maybe a team lower on the table..

11. Kick The Ball

Kick The Ball Member

Jun 13, 2001
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Haven't been following the MLS since the season started, how's Joevin doing?

I hope he have a much better season this year.

12. Yoshou

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. Kick The Ball

Kick The Ball Member

Jun 13, 2001
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Joevin robbed a goal vs Mexico and it cost us the game, T&T just couldn't come to terms and Mexico finish us 1-0

Look at in, min 3:10

14. Yoshou

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They can't have him, sorry. Mostly because I don't think we have a replacement for him.

15. Kick The Ball

Kick The Ball Member

Jun 13, 2001
    Trinidad and Tobago
    If Joevin is one of your better players on the team then why is he making so little compared to the rest?

His contract expires in December, I hope they consider an increase, he deserves it.

16. uncommoncents

uncommoncents New Member

Jul 1, 2017
    Do you think the new TAM player will let them watch Jones walk at season end?

17. Yoshou

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They played on opposite sides of the field..

18. Kick The Ball

Kick The Ball Member

Jun 13, 2001
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Seattle should have done all in its power to Keep Joevin...

19. Yoshou

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    *shrug* Can’t compete with the lure of Europe. Jones wanted a chance to compete against the top players in the world and there wasn’t anything the Sounders could do to stop him.

20. Kick The Ball

Kick The Ball Member

Jun 13, 2001
    Trinidad and Tobago
    When you pay one of your top players peanuts compared to the others what do you expect. I work at Lowes and made the same amout Jones made last year....

Playing in the German lower leagues is top comp....