Jo Jae-jin and Kim Jung-woo transfer thread

Discussion in 'Korea' started by GuruSky, Nov 29, 2007.

1. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    So far I've heard:

Jo Jae-jin: Aston Villa, Charlton, Anderlecht, Ajax, and Utrecht.

Kim Jung-woo: Rangers, Anderlecht, and PSV.

Much to discuss.

2. bobjones2

bobjones2 Member

Jun 5, 2006
    I would like to see a Korean player with the Rangers so that I can properly villify those catholic japanese. Ranger Celtic rivaly would have meaning for me if a Korean were to go humiliate Nakamura.

Yes. I would like this very much.

(waiting for Seolseol to jump in and say I'm dreaming or some such outburst)

3. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    Honestly speaking, its Shunsuke > Jo Jae-shite = Skeletor Kim

4. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nakamura would laugh at Kim Jung-woo. I'm serious.

5. brave_reds-redded

Jul 2, 2007
    Let's hope they don't become another benchwarmer.
    Good luck.

6. G0ALL

G0ALL Member

Dec 13, 2005
    U.S.
    i heard they need some cheerleaders in europe

7. bobjones2

bobjones2 Member

Jun 5, 2006
    heh heh... skeletor...

it's like fart jokes. no matter how many times i hear it, it's funny.

i want to see kim jung woo try. come on, i'm born Korean. i'm used to watching my soccer players do poorly. But like every korean here, I also dream--

8. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Kim Jung-woo should try Russia or something, like Kim Dong-jin.

I feel Jung-woo is to weak for the other leagues. He isn't the biggest fella.

9. BOAY

BOAY New Member

May 19, 2006
    Looking forward to it. If they would do any good though, thats discussable :)

10. KovenDreamer

KovenDreamer Member+

Apr 17, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    If Cho Jae-Jin gets in the EPL, it would be ironic if he does better than Lee Dong-Guk, but I kind of doubt that. Kim Jung-Woo I think would be a good fit at PSV and possibly Rangers. I agree though that KJW would be no match for Nakamura at this point.

11. brave_reds-redded

Jul 2, 2007
    Kim Jung-woo should go to PSV.
    I hear current his boss will become the manager of the club.
    The Sccotish league isn't fit for him imo.

12. Breezy

Breezy Member

Apr 26, 2006
    Yes, but Vergoossen will only manage PSV from January to the end of the season. They already got Huub Stevens to take over starting the 2008 - 09 season.

13. Koreano

Koreano Member

Jul 5, 2005
    Club:
    Seongnam Ilhwa
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  14. Golazo!!

Golazo!! Red Card

Jul 1, 2007
    NOT to fulham... go to Westham....Sanchez is a bloody fool...

15. korean_soccer123

korean_soccer123 New Member

Jun 4, 2006
    haha westham?

how can he get minutes, when they have strikers like ashton, zamora and bellamy. not to mention cole whos been hot of late, i thing its like 3 goals and 6 assists in his last 11 games

16. G0ALL

G0ALL Member

Dec 13, 2005
    U.S.
    fulham interested in jo je jin?

are they interested in football over there?

17. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    So in other words, he only wants to fail.

18. yimmy

yimmy Moderator

Aug 23, 2004
    California
    LOL, maybe he meant the Estonian Premier League.

On a more serious note, if lee dg couldn't hack it, what makes him think that he'll do any better? Shouldn't he try a weaker league in Europe before he goes to EPL?

19. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Well if he finds the right club (if that's even possible), I can see him being a decent player, scoring occasional goals here and there, lol.

20. PacMan

PacMan Member

May 18, 2004
    Korean footballers need to get it out of their heads that the EPL is the shit!

It ain't and it doesn't suit them IMO.

21. Klogon

Klogon Member

Aug 12, 2004
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Actually I think Koreans are better off in England than La Liga or Serie A for the most part.

22. G0ALL

G0ALL Member

Dec 13, 2005
    U.S.
    see here's my thing when people talk about "korean" players.

each and every single player has their own style and technique.

that english guy writing that article about "korean players" as if they're all the same.

I personally think different korean players are suited for different leagues.

Ji Sung Park is okay at Premier I believe.

Lee Young Pyo and kim nam il's style is better suited for italy.

Kim du heyon belongs at K league

Lee DOng Gook and seol should really try dutch football

By the way, in no way does my opinion matter.

BUT i hate it when korean players are described as a single unit with no identity.

23. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I agree with you. I can see JJJ in Germany or Holland.

I can't stand JJJ failing after what has happend to LDG.

24. Almogavar92

Almogavar92 New Member

Aug 17, 2001
    USA
    Club:
    Galatasaray SK
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    But how is that argument going to fly in the face of all that money to be made in England. But I agree. Why go to some sh*t club in England when with a side like PSV, at least you're getting a taste of Europe each season. Of course, if your fate is to sit your ass on a bench, then I'd rather sit on a cold English one while making a sterling pound or two more than in Holland. The EPL is a fade league. It's the Louis Vuitton/Gucci brand of football for Korean male footballers.

JJJ in the EPL is the same disaster waiting to happen as we've seen with Lee Dong-Guk and Seol. At best some flash in the pan performances. But in the overall run, I personally don't think JJJ is cut out for the EPL. It's a different dimension over there for him. If he's getting recruited by Chelsea, Liverpool or Arsenal, then f**k yeah, he should go. But Fulham, Charlton(?) and these other provincial sides (meaning small and not necessarily in the wilderness)...forget that.

25. aguy2die4

aguy2die4 Member

Mar 26, 2005
    Seoul/London
    A flash in the pan performance wouldnt go a miss for LDG. At least Seol is still remembered by fans of his ex-club (both Wolves and Reading) and at the end of the day Reading fans acknowledges his contribution to the club achieving top of the half table position in their first season in the Premiership.

a flash in the pan will go a long way for LDG. A goal or two at Xmas, just before the January transfer window, is just the present he needs either helping him to get more play time with Boro or getting him more offers in the transfer market. I still believe LDG can make a break through given the chance. However the Tuncay and Aliadiere partnership seems to be starting to work, with both giving it their all and covering a lot of ground for the team in the match, Southgate may stick to those two for now since they earned him 3 points.

but JJJ in the Premiership? You have to wonder. He has certainly been scoring goals in the J-league, but the J-league is known for its poor defence, the lack of physicality, the tendency to back off.

The Premiership is on the other end of the scale. Premiership defenders are bigger, more physical and rougher. LDG has had hard time coping with it and hes a striker who has been able to cope with the K-league defenders' physical game. If LDG had gone to J-league he would be scoring a shitload even with his recovery from injury problems.

So if you dont have the physical strength to stave off and hold your ground against strong physical defenders who try to push you around, you need speed and technique. Speed to run into spaces and lose your marker, technique to go pass them, the ability to both go head to head and beat them but also when the defenders starts to stand off because they are afraid that they are gonna get beat, the ability to take advantage of that space and strike from outside the box.

Dont think JJJ is better than LDG on any of the above counts.

Think the Championship is even more physical than the Premiership.

Think in the Championship route-one football is still the predominant style. The better teams utilising its wingers more.

Seol had problems getting used to the physical football of the Championship, but he got used to it being a tall and strong himself but more importantly skilled on the ball.

If JJJ is to play in England and find success, he wont find success by being the lone striker or in a team that plays long ball post-play. In a two man partnership, dont think he will be able to be strong enough to hold the ball or win the ball in the air for his striking partner. He has to find a team that will let him be the tap-in striker and give him a strong big partner to set him up.