Japanese NT Not going to Copa América 2011

Discussion in 'Japan' started by hbone373, Jan 24, 2011.

1. uhdfkwncvbgtyhu89

Nov 27, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Re: Japanese NT @ Copa América 2011 [R]

This can't be true!

[​IMG]

2. AmericanKaka

AmericanKaka Member+

Dec 30, 2006

Start breaking it to your sources and see what kicks up.
    The media needs to be primed to rip apart the JFA if this is true.
    Heads must roll.

3. karolb

karolb Member

Apr 16, 2008
    Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

recently there were only news about denials of Japanese players in European clubs such as Kagawa, Uchida, Okazaki, Nagatomo etc ... i think they wanted to take part under the condition they get a certain amount of players from Europe, otherwise there was always still a chance to decline participation at Copa America ... seems thats the case now, but dont know what really happened, so

Hara is in Europe at the moment talking to the clubs

4. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

My man at JFA and two top national-level Japanese journalists know nothing about it.

Sean Carroll and Alan Gibson as well, have no idea.

Either the Costarican FA has a huge scoop, or it is bogus info, that was picked by Fox.

Keep in mind that with Gamba releasing Endo, it means we basically can get one player from each J.League club, and the Dutch clubs seem likely tio let players go.

Morimoto and Kawashima as well could be likely candidates with possibly no problems, etc, etc, etc

5. uhdfkwncvbgtyhu89

Nov 27, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Yes, but it would be more interesting to everyone if they send a "full-strength" squad with the european based players. we'll see...

6. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

According to:
    http://www.sponichi.co.jp/soccer/news/2011/05/11/kiji/K20110511000800430.html

The Chairman of the Copa America-organization committee said to Argentinian media that the JFA is trying hard to putting a team together but it is extremely difficult. He was told by JFA that they would decide this week, and he mentioned that Costa Rica would be a possible replacement.

Fact is, Hara is currently in Europe and he didn't have any success with at least getting the A-players of the German contingent released. I am sure, it has nothing to do with Hara's competence as it is not about convincing. Clubs just don't release players if they don't need to and if they play a role in their plans.

That said, it is interesting that CSKA is said to release Honda...

7. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

http://www.goal.com/en/news/586/copa-america/2011/05/11/2481096/costa-rica-deny-copa-america-participation-amid-speculation-that-

Costa Rica have said on their FA website they HAVEN'T been approached.

I thought so far..... the 'germans' (except Yano) and Inter aren't letting out players out. Meaning we're missing 7 players.

I've heard Ienaga from Mallorca is a yes.

The folk who I'd be confident about:
    Kawashima, Morimoto, Ienaga, Miyaichi, Cullen, Yoshida, Yasuda, Matsui, Abe, Honda, Seto, Yano

That's 12. They need 2 more overseas.

8. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway

This is the full official statement from Costa Rica FA yesterday .

Google translated to English..

The Costa Rican Football Federation (Fedefútbol) wishes to announce that as of today, Tuesday May 10, has not received official communication about their participation in the Copa America in Argentina 2011, to be held in July.

The Fedefútbol is awaiting the final decision will take the South American Football Confederation (CONMEBOL) and the Organizing Committee of Copa America 2011, on the selection that would replace Japan, which today would have definitely declined to attend the competition to be held in Argentine territory.

The Federation only await the determination of the organizers and currently has no comment to make on this subject.

9. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

The JFA said 15 and I don't think Yano and Seto were among them... Also, Romanian league is starting in July, so Seto is a doubt anyway.

10. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

Why can't the J-league clubs release some player then? Lets not fck this shit up. (again)

11. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

What I don't understand is if Japan can not get their European players cleared then how the hell is Costa Rica going to do it?

Is it just the reluctance of the JFA to send a domestic side?

12. Don Johnson

Don Johnson Member

May 2, 2011
    USA_Nago-Shi
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  13. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Yano is a YES there was an article. Only 'german' to be let go.

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/sport/Leicester-City-midfielder-Yuki-Abe-club-country/article-3541551-detail/article.html

Meanwhile, Yuki Abe is a NO.

Seto I have know idea. But he is an established starter at that team and going to Copa America with the JNT increases his market value and ability probably so its probably best for the club.

14. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Gamba Osaka said clearly they will release Endo. Thus, all other Japanese clubs will be obliged to release at least one top player.

So besides the ten or so Europeans, by picking one per team, we'd have guys like: Sekiguchi, Iwamasa, Kashiwagi, Ueda (from Ardija, imo Endo's only heir), Otsu, Kengo, Kurihara, Mike, Sakai (Albi), Maeda, Tulio, Endo, Inui or Kiyotake, Aoyama or Sato, Konno...

Where is the problem?

15. mushu21

mushu21 Member

May 18, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

The problem is
    As I remember JFA only forced Japanese clubs to release young players.
    Gamba and Endo case is just an exception. Other clubs are not forced to do so. The only way they do that as I understand your mean is "because Gamba'll make them look bad".
    Well, it exactly what we hoped the Euro clubs should think, but clubs sure don't care about "looking good"

16. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Japanese clubs do care, of course.

If you know anything about east Asian culture, then you should know that here, "face" is everything.

17. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

I read that too, but the question is: does Zac/JFA want him? It was just about Freiburg's management saying that if they were asked they would probably let him go.

18. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

tbh he doesn't really have much choice. Besides Yano's 27, if we're forced to call him at least he's not too old.

19. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Where would you put Yano in Zac's formation?

With Honda, Endo and Matsui probably available, the three spots behind the striker are filled, and if you can get one player from each team, there are anyway countless that should be picked before Yano.

I mean, he is useless.

20. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

He'll probably never get picked again. Still I'm kiiinda curious, I never watched him play for Freiburg.

If we have to pick a forward from europe its between him and Kazuo Homma.

Goru you're going on the assumption that Endo's probable selection WILL open the floodgates and JFA can just pick whomever. But i'm not so optimistic that's the case. Which is why Yano could get picked. Ogura has said they're having a tough time putting a team together.

I probably wouldn't be picking Daisuke Matsui anymore if I had my choice, but given circumstances I'm not going to be disappointed if he does get called up.

21. mushu21

mushu21 Member

May 18, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

Well I know for sure, because I'm an (south) east Asian guy.
    I really want to believe in that thing("face", honor), that absolutely is the last reason for Japanese clubs to release top players. But it's an very abstract reason, not like a contract, a document from JFA, from FIFA or something like that.

If Japanese clubs do release their players for the sake of JNT and their "faces", it's really wonderful, even for an Asian country.
    (My country's culture does respect honor, but you know, we're talking about modern generations)

22. lilcookie

lilcookie Member

May 6, 2005
    choc chip mountain

Off the football topic. Yes, "reputation/ face" is everything.

23. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Guys, if Gamba sends Endo, the other clubs, as a rule of thumb, MUST and WILL send their best player, period.

They might turn down a request for example in a position where they absolutely have no substitute, and so they can refuse without losing face.

Or a lonely club in the relegation fight might say no if no other struggling club send any player.

But generally speaking, if the peer-pressure moves toward sending players, they all will.

With that said, allegedly, FOUR German clubs turned down Hara's request so far: Schalke, Dortmund, Augsburg and Stuttgart.

So you'd have for example Yasuda instead of Ucchi and Miyaichi instead of Okazaki. Hosogai and Kagawa were not starters when Japan won the Asian Cup...

24. karolb

karolb Member

Apr 16, 2008
    Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

final decision by tmr? press says it looks like we wont participate

25. uhdfkwncvbgtyhu89

Nov 27, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

If they're about to send a "weak" squad then it's better quit the tournament