Japanese NT @ FIFA World Cup 2010 Qualifier [R] - Part III

Discussion in 'Japan' started by AKITOD, Oct 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wezza

Wezza Member

Sep 17, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Re: Japanese NT @ WCQ 2010 [R] - Part III

Nah mate, i live in North Qld. Loooong way from Melbourne!

Timmay!!!! 1-1!! :D

2. Wezza

Wezza Member

Sep 17, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia

2-1!! :d

3. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

Now it is going alllllll downhill.

4. DerBogen

DerBogen Member

Mar 26, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

No =) Japan will score 1 or 2 more times in this second half i hope and think =)

5. Wezza

Wezza Member

Sep 17, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia

All over, 2-1 to Australia! :D Timmy Cahill! :)

6. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma

Fully deserved loss for Japan. They did nothing useful, especially Tamada and Yano (can you trap a ball please?).
    And like I said a million times, Abe shouldn't be used at CB. He got beat once again on the 2nd goal, and on the first goal Tulio was left alone to deal with Cahill and Kenedy.

7. gandychan

gandychan Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Why is Abe and and Konno starting?

Abe might be a decent defensive midfielder but he is an atroucious center back. He left tulio alone against kennedy and cahill and he let cahill beat him to the ball on the 2nd goal. What a waste of a uniform. We should've gone with Makino (a natural center back).

only nagatomo, tulio, matsui, and kengo showed any heart. The rest of the team was toothless.

Did anyone else think matsui looked exhausted?

8. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Thought he signalled to the bench for substitution?

Aww, man :mad: Japan played too clean, it's like they want to carry the ball into the goal. This is like 1998: a couple of nice touches but not effective at all. I think there should be more fighters, players with physical presence, even if not technically gifted. And like you guys say, why is Okada playing Abe instead of real central defenders?

9. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma

I guess he liked when Osim played him there and gave up 4 goals against Saudi Arabia.

10. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

So now he is a better player with giving away 2 Oz-goals more or less... This really upsets me, there are no competition matches for the NT anymore, and today's game, even with both teams qualified, was a crucial opportunity to test alternatives.

About today's game I don't even think Shunsuke was missed but clearly, Honda, with his play style/mentality, was. Matsui otherwise was the only player going into man-to-man, and this is what they will need more.

11. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

K then

Japan lacked class and composure in the 2nd half when they had so many chances to put the game to bed.

I'm spewing that Nakazawa's replacement was Abe and not Yamaguchi or Makino. Iwamasa would've been very useful tonight.

You can't have a physically weak team with a weak CB. It just doesn't work and Abe was absolute crap. Yano was useless and his touches were all terrible. Koroki played alright with his time.

I really think the difference was merely Abe for Nakazawa. Plain and simple. Japan have got to stay focused when they go a goal up.

12. lilcookie

lilcookie Member

May 6, 2005
    choc chip mountain

DUDE SHOCKING!
    i was sitting near around three brisvegas boys who travelled here to watch the game. the most enthusiastic lads too... really funny since my friend and i were asian, some other random socceroo fan was calling japanese players pricks, and one of the brisvegas dudes were like " HEY YOU UP THERE, STOP BEING RACIST AUSTRALIA IS MULTICULTURAL SEE LOOK AT THESE TWO GIRLS NEXT TO ME!" (FUNNIEST SHIT EVER)

13. lilcookie

lilcookie Member

May 6, 2005
    choc chip mountain

hey man, were you there? i didn't really care, since it was a dead rubber game.

Anyway it was terrible for me overall. i was upset that the atmosphere for the roos crowd was well below par. the japanese crowd were more audible (I REALLY WANTED TO BE SEATED NEAR THEM, WOULD OF MADE MY DAY ! EVEN IF THEY LOST, WOULD OF STILL BEEN EXCITING, even my aussie pride friend admitted it they were ******** better), and i was appalled at the attendance of the game.
    i really think Australia need to make an official chant, because Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi didn't cut it for me (its not the olympics man) and to those two ********ing female teeny boppers infront of me, YOU GUYS WERE ********WITS, GOOD THAT YOUR LEATHER BAG GOT WET FROM MY BANGING OF THE CHAIR. GOD I WANTED TO BITCH SLAP THEIR HEADS.

anyway i predicted japan lose, since australia at mcg, they had to play a good match, since its the best stadium in australia, a b side japan and tulio scored japans only goal. australia has timmy cahill... and jesus played ok tonight.

14. vonni

vonni Member

May 26, 2007
    the dirty south

To me, Tulio Tanaka has to be one of the best CB in Asia. I'm not saying that because of his goal, but his performance against Australia on both occasions was pure class. He really contained Cahill in the first game and contained Kennedy in yesterdays match. I am a real admirer of Tanaka and hope Japan can pick themselves up from the game.

15. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Nah he's the 2nd best. Yuji Nakazawa no.1

and yeah I was in the japan support area.

16. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

It's really scary to think what would happen if Tulio or Nakazawa got injured before the World Cup.

I really hope that another CB emerges soon. Both Tulio and Nakazawa are near the end of their careers. I'm hoping for a Mizumoto/Makino pair in the future.

17. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Personally I think Terada is a very good replacement for both of them if one were injured and he usually is but he's injured. And Iwamasa too but he'll never get picked for some reason.

18. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Terada isn't the playe he used to be. I think that this might be his last year in the J-League. If not this year then next for sure.

On Iwamasa's wiki it said that he was called up. Which is really strange, cause he surely would have been picked for the game against Australia. I mean Kisho Yano was picked. It's really weird that the Antlers have the best defense in the league yet only Uchida gets called up.

19. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Ye he was called up for the big 30 something squad for training and then dropped at the final bunch and then the CB sub ends up being Abe again.

on an interesting note.
    4 out of australia's 6 goals against japan since start of Kaiserslautern have been from corners. And in every single game that happened, the other CB was short and easily pushed around. (Miyamoto, then Abe in AC and then)

Then the game where they don't look like conceding ever was when it was the twin towers guarding the defence.

20. lilcookie

lilcookie Member

May 6, 2005
    choc chip mountain

lucky bastard, i have to give it to you guys, japans cheering was awesome.

21. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma

Why does he even bother calling up Iwamasa if he has no intention of playing him.

Well, Australia wasn't exactly attacking much that game, but short is never a good thing.
    I don't know if Abe is too weak, but he just isn't a natural CB. He's clearly not used to the position, and everyone realizes it besides Japan's coaches.

22. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

It would'nt be so scary if Okada played with the right players, like Terada, Iwamasa or Makino. But as usual he does'nt.

23. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

It makes no sense: If one of the CB's is injured, either Okada should play a learned defender, preferrably someone young with talent and perspective, or he should play somebody experienced he can rely on for that position to at least defend well against Australia. He did neither with Abe, nothing for the future, and weakening the team for the match.

If he had played a real CB and it went wrong he could have said "So what, we already qualified". And now, his post-match comments reads something like "We do not have to be negative after this match." Oh yes, and it is not because we lost. It is because nothing indicates he would do it differently in the future.

24. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

We gotta send more boys to Brazil to learn how to defend. :rolleyes:

25. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009