Japanese Abroad 2009/10 [R] - Part I

Discussion in 'Japanese Abroad' started by Samurai Warrior, Aug 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YakYak

YakYak Member

Feb 9, 2009
    Re: Japanese Abroad 2009/10 [R]

Figured it out, thanks for the link!

2. scotch17

scotch17 Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Entebbe
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Not even that. He's played a whopping 206m in competitive matches.
    12m as a sub
    90m game (including goal against Falkirk)
    62m start (@Rangers)
    7m, 20m, 2m, 8m, 5m substitute appearances

FWIW, he did lead the reserves in assists with 7 last year. :rolleyes:

3. scotch17

scotch17 Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Entebbe
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

The Daisuke vid is terrible -- he looks like a player that hasn't seen the ball for 12 months. But it also looks like the other team went out with the idea of roughing him up... and somehow he gets the yellow while that one guy blatantly dived.

Ina -- on the foul that's replayed like 10 times, Ina got the ball. Don't know wtf Bocanegra was doing ... just ran into the player like he thought he was a freight train.

Both look rusty as hell and need to find their form fast I fear.

4. scotch17

scotch17 Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Entebbe
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Re: Dutch Honda watch

1-1 against FC Utrecht so far. Honda with the assist.

FC Utrecht nicks one back... and then Honda does it again... sidesteps the defender and takes a brilliant strike from outside the box :eek::eek::eek:

2-2

5. temis-redded

temis-redded Red Card

Aug 3, 2009
    Brazil

3 games played.
    4 goals & 2 assists.

6. scotch17

scotch17 Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Entebbe
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

I'm beginning to have doubts for him at VVV. At some point teams will realize everything moves through him, double up, and kick his shins into oblivion. ADO and Utrecht aren't very good teams... and they've needed Hondas' heroics in every game so far just to draw. I cannot see VVV staying up if it continues like this.

7. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Mh.

It seems to me that we are clearly beginning to understand that only the VERY-VERY best Japanese players, such as Nakata, Nakamura plus Takahara and Ono in their golden years can play in Europe--with Honda as the new prospect.

The rest are more or less embarrassing themselves and Japan.
    A bit harsh, perhaps, but I am afraid it is a fact.

Take for example my favorite: Matsui. He has been away how many years now? Five? And he had ONE good year at Le Mans, one quite good and for the rest average stuff or below...

The historical list of those who flopped brutally is long, and includes a lot of "top" Japanese players, such as Santos, Yanagisawa, Ogasawara, Jo, Nizhizawa, Kawaguchi, Oguro and of course Kazu... Inamoto should be in the list as well, he just seems not to know...

8. temis-redded

temis-redded Red Card

Aug 3, 2009
    Brazil

Honda's 2nd assist of the season.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_XBWjCiHGo"]YouTube - UTR - VVV???????????Keisuke Honda[/ame]

Honda's 4th goal of the season.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3zHF3pCowI"]YouTube - UTR - VVV??????????????????Keisuke Honda[/ame]

9. 8MDV8

8MDV8 Member

Nov 3, 2006
    Huizen Netherlands
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
  10. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

Haha what a fcking goal. His start of the season is to good to be true!!

11. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Inamoto started but red carded (2 yellows?) in the 77th minute. Bad, bad start into the season.

Like everybody is saying there is only one Japanese in the top leagues with good news regularly.

12. temis-redded

temis-redded Red Card

Aug 3, 2009
    Brazil

My prediction

MF - Nakamura (Espanyol) - 4 goals - 7 assists
    FW - Morimoto (Catania) - 11 goals - 2 assists
    DF - Hasebe (Wolfsburg) - 0 goals - 3 assists
    MF - Matsui (Grenoble) - 2 goals - 4 assists
    MF - Inamoto (Rennes) - 0 goals - 1 asisst
    MF - Honda (VVV Venlo) - 17 goals - 14 assists
    MF - Mizuno (Celtic) - 0 goals - 0 assists
    MF - Kobayashi (Stabaek) - 10 goals - 11 assists

13. Enclosure

Enclosure Member

Dec 19, 2004

Oh. Ok I understand :)

I thought you were misinterpreting the transfer situation as you made the original post only a few days after his last game - a timeframe in which it's normal to expect no movements with so much as 10m slapped on him.

As far as Honda as a footballer is concerned, I know we're making the same points. I was just laying out the rationale behind my concerns over his future, in the wake of this hype, because Honda is still developing as a player.

I agree with Scotch too that things will only get tougher for Honda and eventually he'll have to figure something out.

14. Enclosure

Enclosure Member

Dec 19, 2004

Aren't we a bit extreme at times, though? Both with hype and doom & gloom. We're only a week or few weeks into a new season in some countries and it's already a curtain call.

As I said while back, sometimes football is a game of 90 mins, other times it's months and years. Let them get on with it. Matsui wasn't bad for the first game just after joining the squad either, though I can sympathize with those who see that video very negatively.

But still.

15. AmericanKaka

AmericanKaka Member+

Dec 30, 2006

Matusi didn't look too bad to me in that clip. Won several dangerous FKs and should have had a couple more if the ref wasn't a complete tool.

16. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

I expect good news from Shunsuke, Honda and Morimoto.

The others... well, I hope at least they're having fun.

I just finished to watch three EPL games, and as much as I love Japanese soccer, we're still a few steps behind.

There is nothing wrong with "our" players going to "study" in Europe, as for example Ogasawara did, but some of them (Mizuno, Inamoto, Ono...) are beginning to get on my nerves, if I have to be honest. :cool:

17. temis-redded

temis-redded Red Card

Aug 3, 2009
    Brazil
  18. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Enky, for some of the player I am talking about we're not one week into the season... We're a few seasons into mediocrity... Inamoto has been abroad FOREVER, and besides a few good games at Fulham, what has he done?

He was doing pretty well in Turkey, because THAT is his level, but -nope- he needed to go to Germany...

When he was 19, I think, Perugia offered him a contract to substitute Nakata who had gone to AS Roma. Inamoto's reply? (which I had to translate) "I'd go to Italy only if Juventus or Inter call me, I want to play for a big club..."

In fact he went to Arsenal... and... :rolleyes:

The truth is that now he's stuck in Europe, because no big Japanese club will take him. Gamba had turned him down, and the only offers, as far as I have heard, were from Vissel and Sanga--sadly, NOT big clubs...

He managed his career in a terrible way. He was a rising star in 2002, probably one of the Top-3 Asian players, now he'll very, very likely watch the 2010 WC on TV--his chances to make it to South Africa are probably the same as Kazu's...

19. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  20. Enclosure

Enclosure Member

Dec 19, 2004

goru, that's probably either because you gave them too much credit in the 1st place or you see them as the ultimate determinant of our future. Mizuno is probably just about the only one who really worries me, not so much because he's doing badly, but because I feel that the environment is incorrect for his development at that age.

As for Inamoto/Ono etc... they are ultimately the past generation. It's good to see Nakamura doing well, but as far as I'm concerned they aren't "studying" anymore at all, but just making living by doing what they love doing, like you and your job. If they climb back up, great, but if not, I really don't care. We should credit those who continue to perform (Nakamura) and it's good to have such backbone in the national side, but getting upset when they're not is unhealthy. Football goes on, with the conveyor belt of players entering the chain and old generation fading away. What matters more is the overall machinary implemented in the nation's football and we have shifted the focus in that manner years ago.

Seriously. Don't be so upset about it, we're good to go :) Think long term because that's what it really is.

21. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

And now, the extremely short Germany-digest:
    1. Bundesliga: Hasebe still out injured, Ono benched with no playing time
    2. Bundesliga: Kozo Yuki (Duesseldorf) not even on the bench
    3. Liga: Asaeda played until 74th minute. Wuppertaler SV won 3-2 away to Wiesbaden.

I have to dig deep currently in Germany to find Japanese players actually playing. Hope that Hasebe returns to action soon, and Ono... well, let's see.

22. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Enky, I hope you're right, but... we'll see.

Oh, by the way, I must add to the hopefuls Hasebe, gomen for forgetting him...

23. nipponbasse83

nipponbasse83 Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Ichikawa, Chiba, Japan
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway

and Kobayashi :)

24. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Kobayashi is doing well because he is playing in a league where he is an above-average player.

But the Bundesliga and the Ligue1 are no jokes, nor is the SPL... :(

25. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

It's a shame that Japan has so many talented midfielders, but no one that can finish. I hope that Morimoto gets 10+ goals this season.

What a goal by Honda!