January Transfer Window Thread(Polish Players ONLY)

Discussion in 'Poland' started by karny9, Nov 20, 2005.

1. karny9

karny9 New Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Toronto
  2. karny9

karny9 New Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Toronto
  3. johnmatrix

johnmatrix New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Looks like the Baszczynski saga may continue for the moment. West Ham needs a RB, Chelsea's Glen Johnson is out of the picture for now, due to the Wayne Bridge loan to Fulham, Ajax's Nigel de Jong will likely go to Celtic, Sevilla, or Borussia Dortmund. However, this could all change if de Jong was to be bought by the Hotspurs, thus making Steven Kelly available for a move to the Hammers. If West Ham doesnt acuire any of the three players listed above, and Baszczynski is permitted to join the Hammers, he would likely become their starting RB. Hopefully Wisla and West Ham can come to an agreement, because it seems clear that he doesn't want to play in the OE anymore, and keeping him in the reserves or benching him for any period of time for attending training sessions with West Ham which were authorized by the club, would only ruin him for the WC.

http://sport.gazeta.pl/sport/1,65025,3126499.html

http://home.skysports.com/transfernews.asp?type=article&id=356173

4. karny9

karny9 New Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Toronto
    Its hard to blame Petrescu for being so objective to Baszczynski going to West Ham because hes one of their best players, but I hope he could be at least a little more willing to let him go.

On another note, this 22 year old playing in Austria will play a reserve game for Kilmarnock as part of a trial.
    http://home.skysports.com/transfernews.asp?type=article&id=356369

5. johnmatrix

johnmatrix New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    True, Petrescu definitely has the right to try and keep his best players in order to attempt a succesful title defence. I was just looking at it from the national team perspective. While it is quite a gamble for a NT player to go to a team where a starting job would not be a guarantee in a World Cup year. If he was to become a regular at West Ham, it could turn out to be an invaluable experience.

6. Smoga

Smoga Member

Jan 28, 2002
    Brooklyn, NYC
    Yeah, but Petrescu made it sound like he wasn't going to let Baszczynski play for going to England for testing. Assuming that really happens, both the NT and Baszczu himself are screwed.

7. karny9

karny9 New Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Toronto
    nah i dont think Petrescu will go through with it. If he does Im sure hell get a phone call from the PZPN. If Baszczynski goes to West Ham and doesnt play ill be really mad.

8. johnmatrix

johnmatrix New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
  9. karny9

karny9 New Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Toronto
    England is really becoming a calling place for our players. Its kind of funny.

10. karny9

karny9 New Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Toronto
  11. Legionista

Legionista New Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Warszawa/Toronto
    That has to be a joke. They cant afford both the transfer fee and his salary

12. karny9

karny9 New Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Toronto
    maybe a six month loan deal with Dudek taking a paycut just to get some playing time before the WC? I can see that happening. Although thats assuming he wants to go to a bottom tier German squad. I dont think the Germans will be too happy though, as Dudek can learn Podolski's habits and pass them on to the starting goalie, assuming Podolski will not get transferred in the upcoming week. But the transfer seems very unlikely in my mind.

By the way, as a sidenote, all this talk coming from Dudek about paying the asking fee and a permanent transfer is stupid. I mean, Liverpool should loan him out for the rest of the season, and than they can talk about a permanent deal in the summer after the WC when theres no great pressure for him to play. As of today he has 6 days left before the transfer window closes and there is nothing solid as of yet. He's slowly digging himself into a ditch regarding his WC hopes.

13. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom New Member

Mar 17, 2005
    Chicago
  14. johnmatrix

johnmatrix New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Portsmouth are making a serious bid to acquire Krzynówek for a 4 month loan.
    http://www.90minut.pl/news.php?id=370173

As for Franek, here are some comments by Wolves manager Glenn Hoddle:
    "I am delighted to have finally signed him. It has taken a long time.
    His scoring record is phenomenal. This is the last part of the jigsaw in the penalty box, he is a clinical finisher and we hope that will continue with us. He has got to go back to Spain now. It is not great preparation for the weekend, as he is due back to train with us on Saturday. But, he is fully match fit, having played as recently as last Sunday. We will have to wait and see if we get international clearance."

15. YankBastard

YankBastard Na Na Na Na NANANANAAA!

Jun 18, 2005
    Estados Unidos
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who's going up against Dudek for the starting spot? I can't see anybody who's better than Dudek for Poland right now.

16. Smoga

Smoga Member

Jan 28, 2002
    Brooklyn, NYC
    At this time Boruc (Celtic), Kuszczak (WBA) and Kowalewski (FC Moscow) are all better. Unless Dudek gets significant playing time it looks like those three guys will be going to Germany.

17. karny9

karny9 New Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Toronto
    Theres at the very least 3 goalies who are better than him right now, with two of them being MUCH better than Dudek. He hasn't played all year and is on the decline of his career, where as every one of our other keepers is on the uphill.

18. johnmatrix

johnmatrix New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Based on current form Artur Boruc (Celtic FC) is the undisputed starter, with Tomasz Kuszczak (West Brom) or Wojciech Kowalewski (Spartak Moscow) as his most likely back-ups. At this time Dudek is at best a number 3 on the NT, based on past performances, though since he hasnt played for Liverpool since the CL final, he is more likely even further down the list.

19. YankBastard

YankBastard Na Na Na Na NANANANAAA!

Jun 18, 2005
    Estados Unidos
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't care how little he plays. If anyone doesn't put Dudek in the 3 keeper slots for the WC then they're crazy.

20. johnmatrix

johnmatrix New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    That's all well and good. But the fact is there are 3 keepers that are performing extremely well right now, and Dudek has played 0 minutes for 'pool and maybe a total of 70-75 for the NT in friendlies v. Ecuador and Estonia since the summer of '05, following his injury. His last competitive full match for the NT was 3-0 match v Azerbejdżan on June 4th, 2005. If he doesnt get a good gig with a solid club for the next 4 months its gonna be hard for Janas to find a spot for him.

21. Legionista

Legionista New Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Warszawa/Toronto

We took players for thier achivements and not based on current form to Korea in 2002 :rolleyes: You know what happened. It'll be different this time

22. Bialagwiazda21

Bialagwiazda21 New Member

Aug 9, 2005
    Scottsdale AZ
    I don't know how reliable this info is but it seems that Arsenal:eek: and WBA are also intrested in aquiring Sobolewski after Soutampton's third offer of 1.7 million Euro was turned down by Wisla. I sure he could make the jump to the EPL but Arsenal...wysokie progi:)

http://sport.onet.pl/1020297,0,0,wia,1238006,dyscyplina.html

23. karny9

karny9 New Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Toronto
    wisla wont let him go.

Krzynowek turned down the offer to Portsmouth, saying hed rather say in Germany and fight for his place.

It said on 90minut that Zewlakow got transferred to Olympiakos.

24. karny9

karny9 New Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Toronto
  25. karny9

karny9 New Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Toronto