Jamie Watson

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by soccerbum23, Jan 22, 2008.

1. Boz

Boz RSL Family

Jul 14, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    I can't help but laugh at this. Fuegote, chill out bro.

2. Scottt1115

Scottt1115 Member

Sep 14, 2003
    SLC, UT
    I thought it was funny. And fitting, given the jestingly snide manner in which she calls people out consistently.

3. Phathead

Phathead Member

May 22, 2007
    Nevermind the man behind the curtan.

4. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mental illness is confusing, no doubt about it. :rolleyes:

5. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A stadium?

6. chronicrslnewb

chronicrslnewb New Member

Oct 30, 2007
    Salt Lake City
    Phathead,

Gotta know...What is RInKCrIn?? Am I the only person who doesn't know?

7. RSL Fortaleza Menina

Jan 27, 2006
    global
    Two Questions:

1) What's the purpose/value of allowing these personal character attacks?
    2) How are they related to the topic: Jamie Watson?

Since you guys already trashed this thread--please indulge... Phathead, is it just me...or did you just crudely suggest the great slcboz & I are actually the same person? Am I reading that wrong? I'm flattered, but that's beyond bizarre.

Allow me another try: Jamie Watson was a valuable part of this club since 2005. He deserves nothing but sincere thanks for his service. Fair-minded RSL supporters wish him the best of luck going forward.

8. Phathead

Phathead Member

May 22, 2007
    Yawn. FM's telling us what type/kind of fans we should be again.

In regards to your other question: Think what you may, I know it's more a collective than a single entity.

9. jasoncox

jasoncox New Member

Jun 28, 2004
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seems this discussion is getting a bit too personal. Let's keep the gloves above the belt please.

10. sanlorenzita

sanlorenzita New Member

Jun 26, 2007
    in my head
    without wishing to get involved in any of this.....

I think it is obvious that RSLFM is more than one person.. the tone changes too much from time to time.

who it is, i don't know and honestly, i don't really care. I am not intrigued.

BUT, I am finding kind of curious how sometimes RSLFM can dish it, but just can't seem to be taking it.

11. jasoncox

jasoncox New Member

Jun 28, 2004
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This discussion does not belong here. Please do not continue it.

12. Bobby Boucher

Bobby Boucher New Member

Jul 6, 2007
    What better thread to have a soap opera emerge than the Jamie Watson thread?

13. bsucio9

bsucio9 Member

Jul 24, 2003
    Twin Falls
    If Tex is right and players need not "graduate" from GA to be cut, then doesn't it seems pointless for Kreis (et. al???) to demand that Jamie graduate so he could be cut from the team?

Just curious?

14. Bobby Boucher

Bobby Boucher New Member

Jul 6, 2007
    The key word is "IF". We're not sure he is right but yes, if he is right it is a pointless arguement.

But then why is Nik still with us?

15. Aerick

Aerick New Member

Dec 13, 2006
    Sandy, UT
    Back on topic, sorta:

Call me an idiot if you'd like, but I thought GA "free" meant free as in the team didn't pay the salary, not free as in the amount didn't count against cap room. So I, for one, am glad for the clarification.

This does change my perception on the Jaime Watson situation.

Why would Jason & Co. appeal to the league and/or Addidas to have Jaime "graduated", as wouldn't that make him count against the cap, and wouldn't increase his marketability? And with the information included in this post that you can cut GA players, it wouldn't have provided the ability to cut Jaime any earlier.

I still believe that Jaime had value to RSL, and that he was valuable to RSL in more ways than one. But whether or not that value matched or exceeded the potential value JK is attempting to add to the club, would be a call for he and the FO to make. And they made it. If it turns out that Jaime has a killer season elsewhere and that one of our players that we picked up in lieu of Jaime's absence on our roster turns out to be dud, we can start the blame game then.

Until then, we can wish Jaime luck, thank him for his efforts here (and with the reminder of the stadium situation discussed in this thread, that should be a larger than normal "thank you", no?), and hope that things work out well for him. And then, we can look forward to the upcoming season with the new players, and hope that we make the playoffs.

16. TapocoL

TapocoL Member

Feb 7, 2007
    Bay Area, CA
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are soap operas' writers on strike as well? And have they turned into RSL Fans?

17. Deuce

Deuce Member

Nov 16, 2004
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Texgator provided the link everyone demanded... did no one read it?

18. sanlorenzita

sanlorenzita New Member

Jun 26, 2007
    in my head
    geez.. don't make me read.. gimme the readers digest version...

19. Deuce

Deuce Member

Nov 16, 2004
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Bloody typical!!! :D

20. Bobby Boucher

Bobby Boucher New Member

Jul 6, 2007
    This says nothing about whether they can be waived or not. It also does not say who pays their salary.

21. Deuce

Deuce Member

Nov 16, 2004
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    OK I guess I will do the homework for you...

From MLSNet
    MLS Player Rules
    I don't see anything prohibiting a GA player from being waived in either section of the rules on waivers or players rights. Generation Adidas is mentioned 3 times in the rules but not in conjunction with a prohibition on waivers.

A google search for Generation Adidas using combinations of waiver, waived, waivers, along with can't be waived, can be waived and a few other combinations I can't remember, revealed nothing that would support the assumption that a GA Player can not be waived.

All this info is out there for anyone that is interested in taking a look...

22. RSL Fortaleza Menina

Jan 27, 2006
    global
    The fact a specific regulation was not addressed in a single "for public" online document doesn't prove or disprove its existence. Does it?

Anyone who thinks they're going to locate an exhaustive set of Generation Adidas/MLS contractual requirements & regulations online is bound to be disappointed. By all acounts--including those close to the program--the precise GA program procedures & regs are mysterious and lacking transparency.

23. FeverNova1

FeverNova1 New Member

Sep 17, 2004
    Plano
    Yes it is. The problem is that it says nothing about GA.

24. Deuce

Deuce Member

Nov 16, 2004
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    OK for clarification after asking the question of a league source and I will be the first to tell you; I stand corrected. Isn't the first (or last) time I am wrong...

On the question of whether a GA player can be waived;
    Answer: A player in a GA contract is protected from waivers while in a GA status.

On the question of who pays the salary of a player in a GA Status;
    Answer: The League pays all player salaries except for Designated Player salaries exceeding $400,000

I hope this settles the debate once and for all.

25. Deuce

Deuce Member

Nov 16, 2004
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Well now there is... see above...