James Rodriguez - news & comments

Discussion in 'Colombians Abroad' started by Uzuriaga, Jul 6, 2010.

1. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    James is one of the rare players who looks good in stats and good in real life.

Some players put up stats and you are like hmmmmm I did not notice him.
    James rarely looks bad out there. Even in his "bad" games he has moments of brilliance.

2. Jace

Jace Member

Oct 19, 2014
    Team ran through James today. Had the most touches. Only thing missing was a goal or assist, but that wasn't really his role today.

So far Jupp has played him on the wing, behind the striker, as a false 9, and today he was all over the midfield, helping build up play. Really showing off his versatility.

Azucarero, dapip and HomietheClown repped this.
  3. lvbeto

lvbeto Member

Jul 27, 2007
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Not to diminish anything James has done with Bayern so far but it's going to be interesting to see how Muller and James get used once Muller is healthy. As good as James is, there's no way Muller eats a lot of bench. I know Bayern is also going to look for a back up forward for Lewi in the upcoming winter signing period.

Furnaccio repped this.
  4. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    I think Bayern's biggest problems is trying to fit in Muller, he just doesn't add enough and he hasn't been on form for a while. James offers a lot more and gets much more involved in the build up, I know Muller is a legend at the club but especially now that James has got integrated they would be smart to keep playing him as a 10.

5. Bomb8

Bomb8 Member+

Jun 19, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    My first thought was that James wouldn't, couldn't or shouldn't bench Müller, but right it doesn't sound like a bad idea.

6. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    At the very least he's solidified his position in the club as an important player and at the very least the first guy off the bench and first one to be rotated in.

Much better than in Madrid were we had him as a 5th option off the bench

7. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Wonder if James' influence could help them with the champions league title; yes he hasn't gotten a chance to become that big of a influence in CL matches yet but he's improving and obviously becoming a important figure for a team that can always challenge for the Champions league every season.

8. lvbeto

lvbeto Member

Jul 27, 2007
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    How does the loan from Real work? Does Real have the option to bring back James next season? I doubt they could bring him back this winter.

9. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I think that james should stay in bayern for two years.....real madrid dont have option to rescue him before.....it could happen that the 3 parts agree somenthing different

10. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    Following James career I think we all have seen when he's relied on and a central part of the team he's better, the more that Bayern trust him, rely on him and get him the ball the better he and the team will do. All he needs is the trust and the chance to rise to the occasion and I don't think he will fail, he's not a selfish player and he' shown the ability to be a big player who thrives in pressure, the more of a central figure he is I think the better he will do.

Even for Madrid when he was trusted and played he did well and was effective, but Zidane didn't trust him and it hurt him in multiple ways, if he gets the opportunity and is inegrated correctly Bayern will have a chance to go far.

11. Bomb8

Bomb8 Member+

Jun 19, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    James played the 2nd half yesterday. He did well once again, was one of Bayerns best. I don't know how it's even possible, but his crosses, free kicks and corners ect. are getting even more dangerous.

12. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    Yeah think they were just resting and rotating and gave James a break, but he came on and played well, made the crucial pass before the assist to play Tolisso into space to set up Lewy for a tap in. He's really starting to hit stride, Bayern really are benefitting with a 10, its a great set up for him and the team and you can see why they brought him in. They have a lot of very good box to box midfielders and good wingers but don't have that guy who links the midfield and attack and who can finish when needed. James when given the ball and given freedom to roam is truly a joy to watch.

elviejomen, Doogs and Azucarero repped this.
  13. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    The post match English FOX Sports commentator Warren Barton made a point to say James looks like a totally different player under Heynckes. Looking very good.

elviejomen and Azucarero repped this.
  14. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Anyone watch today? He only played a half and didn’t have the best rating on Futmob.

15. Tio Nicci

Tio Nicci Member+

Nov 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    he was terrible. Didn't show any creativity, kept crossing the ball early, and seemed out of position. Bayern as a team looked bad though too.

pepinointer repped this.
  16. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

17. Hovaaa

Hovaaa Member

Aug 6, 2014
    Boston
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    The whole team started pretty bad, James then started to create some spark with some good crosses, but then the defense fell asleep and let up two goals. He definitely wasn't "terrible", had he stayed on he possibly could've helped turn the game around.

Bomb8 repped this.
  18. Bomb8

Bomb8 Member+

Jun 19, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yup, this is how I see it. I'm not saying he was great but he wasn't worse than anyone else. His crosses and free kicks were good.

19. Jace

Jace Member

Oct 19, 2014
    sidspaceman and J-Mezzy repped this.
  20. Tio Nicci

Tio Nicci Member+

Nov 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    He was terrible, and by our standards we wouldn’t hesitate to bark him down if he played in yellow. Don’t let personal bias interfere with your judgement.

One bad game, even before the knock. Arturo Vidal can teach a few pointers to King James

21. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  22. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    How did he play?

23. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Not badly from the little I saw.

sidspaceman repped this.
  24. lvbeto

lvbeto Member

Jul 27, 2007
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    yeah, I am curious how he and Muller played together.

25. Jace

Jace Member

Oct 19, 2014
    He's fitting in well playing deeper and helping build up play. He could have had a few assists with better finishing. Also had two shots from just outside the box that he should have done better with, one hit the top of the crossbar.

937010479699865600 is not a valid tweet id

Muller's back, Ribery is now healthy and Robben is close to returning as well. So it'll be interesting to see how what his playing time looks like going forward. But his play in the deeper role with Thiago out might keep him in the lineup.

Doogs repped this.