Jamaica vs. USA 6-19-2011

Discussion in 'Gold Cup' started by aguimarães, Jun 15, 2011.

1. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    Jamaica vs. USA

Quarterfinals.

RFK Stadium 15:00 EST

2. lucky4life

lucky4life New Member

Sep 5, 2008
    Let go reggaeboyz

3. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    After this is over Jamaica should begin shipping their players overseas ASAP. They have a couple of guys who could play in the Premiership (like their last generation.) This should be a good match.

4. JWiz

JWiz New Member

Jun 14, 2011
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    USA's finishing has been abysmal and they had better get their sh*t together. Jamaica has yet to allow a goal this tournament and it's Ricketts between the sticks next next game. If Demp wants to play chicken foot in front of goal, Ricketts will leave a cleat mark across his chest like that Dynamo player last year.:D

Anybody have a pic of that? That was vicious.

5. TrueCrew

TrueCrew Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This should be an interesting one, particularly with Jamaica resting some players for the 3rd game, while the USA didn't have that luxury.

Plus, Jamaica has had some success at RFK (Agoos back pass game), so it should be fun.

6. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    affi mek dis count Reggae Bwoyz.

wit dat sed, expek ah slim win fi di Reggae Bwoyz. :cool:

7. Jorgito

Jorgito Member

Sep 24, 2008
    Los angeles, CA
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    USA, should take this tournament a bit more seriously.

8. Fuera del Area

Jun 27, 2007
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Club:
    Club Deportivo FAS
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    USA should be the favorite, but if Jamaica wins, I wouldn't be surprised. The Yanks sleepwalked through the group stage and they didn't show any effort out there. I'm thinking 2-1 Reggae Boyz.

9. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    2-1 USA in Extra time.

10. Jairzinho1970

Jairzinho1970 New Member

Oct 21, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    That's crazy talk. Let me know when they pass their fitness tests to get into the Premiership.

You know where to find me.;)

11. Jairzinho1970

Jairzinho1970 New Member

Oct 21, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Resting players has nothing to do with anything. You sound like you never played. And please don't bring Goos into this. He wasn't any good even when he was a Dallas Titan.

You can tell him I said that.:p

12. Jairzinho1970

Jairzinho1970 New Member

Oct 21, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Apparently they only take the World Cup seriously.

Oh wait. Nevermind.:rolleyes:

13. Jairzinho1970

Jairzinho1970 New Member

Oct 21, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    If you're talking about Dempsey then I can't help you. Stuart Holden is a good player. LD is a joke I don't care what anyone says. Dempsey has my respect because he was a Dallas Texan before he was anything else.

You can tell him I said that.;)

14. Jorgito

Jorgito Member

Sep 24, 2008
    Los angeles, CA
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm expecting a tight match.

for some reason, i think that we should start taking this years GC, more serious.

USMT, should get this one by at least 2 goals.

15. GonzaMagico

GonzaMagico Member

Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    The US doesn't take the Gold Cup seriously? Really? The US won the Gold Cup in 2005 and 2007. Lost to Mexico in the finals in 2009. The team is stack with International Players in the Premier League.

The issue isn't if they take it serious or not, the issue is this team is playing flat and they take each opponent for granted. To be honest there needs to be a change in the coaching staff, the problem is there isn't anyone I would take to replace Bradley.

Just like the Panama - El Salvador, this game will be tight, but the US should make it through with a 1-0 win plus a large crowd cheering for the US.

16. BigClos

BigClos Red Card

Jun 6, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    play football for ffs and stop being **************. your team will do fine In a 4-3-3 but no, bradley wants 5 midfielders. he really should be fired. I mean, seriously got beat by panama and barely beat guad. jamaica will be tough, those fackers are fast. and will bunker just like you guys. so It will be a tight match

17. ussoccer987654321

Jun 11, 2011
    How is LD a joke? He is the best player to ever wear the US uniform. All the euro snobs don't like him because they think he plays in the MLS but news flash, he has had the best MLS career of anyone ever.

18. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    Let's keep this ontopic;) (to everyone)

:rolleyes:

19. Jairzinho1970

Jairzinho1970 New Member

Oct 21, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    WRONG.

The best player to ever wear a US uniform was on the 94 WC team. Shortly after, he left the US to play abroad and never looked back. Now, if you listen to him, he sounds like he has a British accent. But, I can assure you that when I met him in '94 he sounded completely American. I love how this country thinks they know this game.

There is a perfectly good reason why LD was not picked up by Everton.

By the way, when someone says "he's a good worker", that means that he's actually NOT a very good player technically or tactically.

Go ahead, young buck (Antonio81), give me another warning.

The truth does not seem to sit too well with US fans.

Every 4 years they get reminded.

Back on topic LOL.

I bet Jamaica can't wait to beat the US. I can't wait to see it either.

I am not a troll.;)

20. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    wow....no wonder everyone posts in the USA men's forum.....

I agree with Gonza, however we're stuck with BB probably until the end of GC or maybe even further...we're facing a very talented Jamaica, one of the best squads it has produced since back in 94'
    7 goals scored, 0 conceded in group stages
    they're very effective out wide and have speedy players, Richards and that other fellow

the only player that worries me is Lichaj, he likes to go forward but in this game BB should keep him back a little more
    I would also love to see Edu either start or get a good amount of playing time

2-1 in extra time for USA

21. RedCoatsforever

Jun 10, 2008
    London, Ontario
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    You know, I was actually kinda hoping to see Jamaica win because I want to see someone new win the tourney this year, but now that I've read all this putz-talk denying Landycakes the mad-respect that is due to him, I have to jump ships.

That's no sarcasm either, Landon Donovan is a pleasure to watch as he has excellent movement off the ball, strong pace, accurate crossing, and a meteor of a shot. Add to it all that he's all heart, and you really can't take this kind of "Everton didn't want him" talk seriously. Donovan is the MLS' top American player, and could outclass any of the Jamaican wingers any day of the week.

Here's hoping the Raggae Bwoyz get slapped across the mouth, and you eat all of your words with a side of humble pie.

22. ja2ny

ja2ny Member

Aug 5, 2008
    long Island,N.Y.
    This coming from Chokenadian heh? How many times have we slapped you guys across the mouth? You should be worried about your team dropping in the fifa rankings and ending up in the group of death again come WCQ and then bitch and moan about why the Chokenadians always end up in the group of death.

P.S. You guys don't deserve a direct place into the gold cup.

23. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    hey antonio, are we in WR:confused::eek:

24. BigClos

BigClos Red Card

Jun 6, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    That's big soccer for you. big bad mods take It to seriously. let people speak their minds ffs.:cool:

25. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    actually I was mocking people's post that were getting offtopic, you can speak your mind as long as you follow set rules