Jaguares v PUMAS (pre-during-post)

Discussion in 'Pumas de UNAM' started by Disco Dale, Aug 16, 2006.

1. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    We are the first game up this weekend, Saturday 19th August at 3pm local time, in the Estadio Víctor Manuel Reyna. I'm not going.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tuca Ferretti has said that the team would be working hard in training this week, and that we still have areas that need improvement. He went on to say that whenever someone is suspended, injured or ill it affects the team [Sancho will miss this match]. But he has faith in the squad, and believes he will find a replacement who will do well. He also mentioned that Sancho's dismissal was not stupid, or deliberate, just a late tackle.

Fernando Morales said that the win v Veracruz showed that the team is at 100%, and that these three points are the first of many.

Antonio Sancho says the team is balanced, mixing youth and experience, and that they are prepared to play in Chiapas, but are aware it will be tricky.

Leandro agreed that Jaguares will be a difficult game away, but that they have confidence they can win it. Also he mentioned how competitive the league is, but we have to get points in every match.

El Chupa Lopez said that all the players, and the technical team had high hopes of taking part in ALL the tournament, but that every team in the league is different and difficult.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    So not much there, then... whats your view on what Tuca will do about not have the captain..maybe play Moreno alongside Veron, and Pikolin in a defensive midfield role?

2. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Member

Jun 29, 2006
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I think we will do good because jaguares no anda bien so el unico problema para pumas va ser el calor que va aser aya en chapas

3. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Como que no anda bien? Han sacado los 6 puntos.

4. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Member

Jun 29, 2006
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Pero los 6 puntos llos ganor con necaxa y queretaro que no an ganado niun juego ademas que no viste como jugaron contra queretaro era un juego aburido y sin futbol

5. DNA

DNA Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Los Angeles
    El problema con Necaxa es una falta de conjuntacion entre los jugadores. Problema que existe ahorita en muchos equipos. Queretaro simplemente es malo, no genera mucho futbol. Creo que Jaguares no anda igual que en temporadas pasadas despues de perder a jugadores importantes como Ochoa, Sandoval, y Cabañas. Pero aun a demostrado que puede seguir sin ellos. Quisas no al mismo nivel, pero sigues consiguiendo puntos y es todo lo que importa en el futbol. Ojala que Pumas consiga los 3 puntos, y ojala que Palacios no juegue :D

6. Rafael Hernandez

Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Y Veracruz le dio al palo 2 veces contra UNAM y Atlas le gano. No creo que Chiapas haga mucho esta temporada pero tampoco van muy diferente a Pumas. Gano los 2 juegos que jugo y no anda mal. Ojala gane Pumas pero tampoco podemos decir que vamos mucho mejor que Chiapas.

7. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    Looks like Fernando Espinosa in for the suspended Sancho, I would rather have seen Sideshow play a def-mid role, with Moreno playing at the back.

Also looks like he will start with Íñiguez ahead of El Chupa Lopez....... i am 100% against this decision.

Yesterday was Leandro's 29th birthday. Lets hope he celebrates....

They are talking a lot about the heat, I don't think that's too much of a bother, it was actually pretty hot last sunday in CU...

8. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...11 min, our midfield looks weak...

...field is wet, we should try shooting down low from outside...

...jaguares seems in control so far...too many people on midfield they have so pumas has to try long balls to our forwards so we can skip the crowded midfield jaguares has...

9. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    16 min...good long ball from leandro to gonzalez who appeared alone and crossed but a missed header...that is what we need...

scocco just missed another one on top of the box...

we should be careful giving away too many set plays so far...

10. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...gooollll...parejaaa....

pumas 1-0...our only clear chance so far, our only goal...well taken pareja, nice pass scocco...

11. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...kinda boring game so far, jaguares generating more plays but it seems they got kinda tired while pumas seemed to be saving its energy for the second half...i think gonzalez may come out to bring in morales or inyiguez...we should leave reinaldo in but he could possible go out as well...i think pumas should hold on to the subs though until later in the game...

12. Chiquitibum

Chiquitibum Member+

Apr 4, 2004
    Norte
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    a la gata le temblaban las patas, con ese disparo de Parejita. no pudo hacer nada.

13. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...scocco out? wtf???...i did not expect these subs so soon...oh, well, we will probably see more of pareja and leandro then...inyiguez and lopez in and gonzalez out as well...

14. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...pumas just hanging out on the result...reinaldo out so we will defend, hope we can do it well and counter fast via pareja and inyiguez...

...velarde and picolin looked better so far...i also liked how alex diego played this one so far...pareja, leandro, veron like always, solid...

15. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...it seems so far that tuca learned the mistakes from the first match against atlas, as far of the defense goes, by not letting velarde and castro go forward as much...picolin playin his best game this season so far, he has been solid in the air and on the transition to attack mode...good stuff, but our defense still needs a little bit more concentration 'cuz jaguares was close a few times...

16. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...ganamos!!!...

...pumas wins, a defensive team on the second and did not really want to see that, but we have to be smart this season and get as many points as we can...

...i am satisfied with the win...now go out and celebrate, still to come for me: fair in town, the sons of some of the ex-mexican fighters see action, atlas wooping wilas, and brewski from this point on...i care less for the c.azul/monterrey...:cool:

17. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    good win, not really derserved, but as the pushed up more, we had a couple of chances and should have killed it.

I was also very surprised to see the boy Scocco coming off, his pass for the goal was exquiste... and yep, I must lay off sideshow, he had a good game. never felt very secure, thought if they scored one, they'd get two... I think they are going to be pretty annoyed with that, bossed the midfield, the sending off, the disallowed goal..... tough on them, but I aint crying....

18. Piedraias

Piedraias Member+

Feb 27, 2005
    Califas
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    :)

somos antepunultimos en la tabla porcentual... porque estoy seguro que ma~ana toluca le va a dar una paliza a queretaro.

19. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    You're not wrong, and even if Queretaro WIN tomorrow, they stay bottom...

20. Rafael Hernandez

Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Lo mejor del juego fue la celebracion abortada del pendejete de Omar Ortiz.

21. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    That's so true Rafa, we laughed and laughed at him in front of me TV.

As Rockaias points out, we gain ground on Santos (5 pts adrift now), and with San Luis losing 1-0 again (and haven’t scored now for 490 minutes) we move up the percentage table, here are the bottom five:-
    1.2394 Veracruz 88 from 71
    1.2113 Santos 86 from 71
    1.1408 PUMAS 81 from 71
    1.1081 San Luis 41 from 37
    0.000 Queretaro 0 from 3

22. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    :D i like that progress so far in the battle for the inferno...but out of all the results besides pumas i really enjoyed the fact atlas wooped america's azzz...

23. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    Everyone wearing yellow did look mighty sad....tee hee...

Next week Toluca are coming to CU, and bringing one Sr Marioni He scored a brace v Queretaro, to give him 6 goals in 5 games for his new employers, and currently top scorer in the league with 4. Me mate John and I, at least, will give him a hot reception upon his return:- cover the ears of your kids…... Queretaro looked poor to be honest, and I felt that whilst a strong team, Toluca look like they may have organisation problems at the back we could exploit.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

24. DNA

DNA Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Yeah but their firepower looks lethal, Sanchez and Marioni seem to have a good strike partnership which could cause a lot of trouble to our unsturdy defense. Hopefully though theyll be able to hang on and Scocco, Pareja and Leandro will be able to deliver.