PBP: J6 - La Liga 18/19 | CD Leganés v FC Barcelona | 26 September 2018 [R]

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Viscaelbarca, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Ozora

Ozora Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 5, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea LFC
    wait people blame coach for everything but not players on the field? thats not fair
    samething happend with the game vs roma.

2. puyol

puyol Member+

FC Barcelona
    Dec 24, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Wasn't able to see the game yesterday , can someone tell me how we played without a left back before Alba came ?

Also i heard that their goal came from an offside pass before the cross but VAR didn't say anything , is that true ?

Viscaelbarca repped this.
  3. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

#53 Forzabarca, Sep 27, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2018
    The coach is the main responsible, he picks the team, tactics before and during the game. Past games we can see that he's not been able to tighten and strengthen the team and getting them to be consistent so he gets all the blame even if Pique has been at fault for stupid mistakes. Selling Digne and not having a backup other than Verm says alot too. Rotating is great but the timing and player's rotated has to be consistent. Let's not talk about the lack of plan B. The team is not solid enough to rotate, its obvious. Some teams you can rotate 2-3 players each game and still get results. Barça look fragile as always and when they concede and the team parks the bus its like small water hitting a damm.

4. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    He was onside.

And of course he had to deliver the absolute perfect cross. One yard in either direction and MATS would've either intercepted it or it would've been an easy save.

5. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree on ATM and also on our team's lack of intensity. My disagreement is about rotation. We rotated 4 of the "grand once" two games ago (Roberto, Umtiti, Rakitic, and Coutinho did not start); this game we rotated 2 of the grand once (Alba and Suarez did not start). The fact that 4 squad players who got a rare start vs. Girona (Semedo, Lenglet, Arthur, and Arturo) did not start this game, does not mean that we made 6 rotations vs. Leganes, we made 2, as what is relevant is how many of the regular starters are rotated.

As for Vermaelen, I think he is valuable as a 4th or 3rd CB but did not shine at LB. Wish we'd played Miranda there, or even Roberto (I know you hate him). But we are trying to figure out who is Alba's back up and maybe EV learned to not start Verm there again.

BocaFan repped this.
  6. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    No Plan B ? Coutinho shooting from outside is Plan B :D

7. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Rotate ... don't rotate ... it matters not, according to many from last season, all that's needed is 13 wins and all will be good.

BocaFan repped this.
  8. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Also Leganes made 7 changes from the weekend and got the win.

Well, Messi also said that CL is the priority this season. That got a big "UGH!" reaction from me when I heard it. I mean, how do you make CL a priority before the season even starts? You can't win CL from August to February even if you play amazing during those months. (That doesn't mean you should piss away the CL until February, but saying its a priority in August doesn't sit right with me).

unclesox repped this.
  9. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Right. Madrid only concentrated on CL when we broke them in La Liga.

I have been wondering if this trend of needing 90 pts to win La Liga will continue. Never used to be the case.

10. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

Haha naa that's part of plan A. Plan B is Mina getting the winning goal in the 90th min by a slick header.

11. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Mina might have caused a lot of Plan B situations ...

12. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

Might have.. Pique and Vermalen HAS, so has Umtiti not to mention Lenglet.

13. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Yeah, used to be the case that 80 points would almost assure you of winning La Liga. But I think those days are over for ever. Not just in La Liga but in each of the top 4 leagues (in the Bundesliga case the target will be 80 since they only play 34 games, whereas it used to be 70).

15. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I believe "shooting from outside the box" should be part of Plan A but since Pep's coaching days it's been more of a Plan B.
    "Crosses from the wings looking for headers" is what most here probably associate as Plan B (along with long distance shooting).
    Plan A is the obvious: "Passing the ball into goal."

Forzabarca repped this.