PBP: J32 - La Liga 18/19 | SD Huesca v FC Barcelona | 13 April 2019 [R]

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Viscaelbarca, Apr 11, 2019.

1. Ozora

Ozora Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 5, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea LFC
    they still want top 4 spot

2. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Almost . No Rashford, McTominay or Lindelöf.

Guys like Pogba and Fred got plenty of rest earlier this season though. And Rojo needs a workout since Shaw is suspended.

3. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If that is the future of Barcelona after messi and suarez against the worst team in the league I would suggest to head guys at Barcelona they find someone who can score goals.

4. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    We'd take your comments more seriously if you posted in this forum more often. :coffee:

condor11 and Jpows repped this.
  5. Jpows

Jpows Member+

F.C. Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jun 4, 2018
    Lmao chill.

Firstly they are still developing players, Messi and co. won't be retiring for the next 2 years at least. Maybe Suarez, but he's not showing signs of slowing down yet. Secondly, presumably not all of them will "make" it, it was an experimental lineup. Thirdly, if it wasn't already obvious it will be a mix of these players, other first team players, and future signings. Lastly, once again, it wasn't bad at all like you want to make it seem, we played some great football and I was especially impressed with Puig and Todibo. With a better finisher we could have had at least 2 goals and Prince doesn't have the dynamism to play for Barcelona. It was only after Puig and Dembele got subbed out that our play suffered.

I'd say it was an encouraging display from the youngsters we all wanted to see in action including Puig, Todibo, and Wague. The only youngster who was a bit disappointing was Alena, he just couldn't get into the game.

2in10, Gilmango, unclesox and 1 other person repped this.
  6. Viscaelbarca

Viscaelbarca Moderator
    Staff Member

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 31, 2007
    MELT01
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I was very impressed with Todibo and Wague. Wague could step up to the 1st team soon. If we get De Ligt, Todibo should go on loan.

IF the current crop of young players we have prove their worth and we get De Ligt then;

MATS
    Wague, Semedo, De Ligt, Todibo, Umtiti, Langlet, Miranda​

Oriol Busquets, De Jong, Arthur, Aleñá, Puig
    Dembele, Malcom, Abel Ruiz
    That isn't a bad group of players moving forward added other players to that list obviously. We need a LB, a GK, a CF and a Defensive MF...

condor11 repped this.
  7. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    not to nitpick but Sergi Roberto is only 1 year older than Umtiti...;)

BocaFan repped this.
  8. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    And Semedo....

condor11 repped this.
  9. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LB - Miranda, Cucurella if we don't sell him this summer; CF Abel Ruiz; Defensive MF Oriol Busquets, and De Jong can play there too. Since it is speculative I'm sure we have other GK, LB, DM, and CFs in La Masia, but the reality is that we will be buying (and selling) players each year, including world class players who are ready to start, as well as younger players who are ready to be backups and perhaps eventually start.

Add Ilaix Moriba to the Midfield for sure, La Masia's skinny Pogba. More to ponder:

I'd also drop Umtiti for the reasons mentioned, or include Semedo and Roberto.