PBP: J12 - La Liga 18/19 | FC Barcelona v Real Betis | 11 November 2018 [R]

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Viscaelbarca, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Viscaelbarca

Viscaelbarca Moderator
    Staff Member

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 31, 2007
    MELT01
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    ******** you Valverde for giving the opportunity to a piece of shit like Pau Lopez to get one up our team.

2. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    VAR gave you guys the 2nd goal. What a joke. Betis deserved to win this without breaking a sweat.

3. ShortyMac

ShortyMac Member+

Barcelona
    Apr 10, 2011
    Ohio, USA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. Ozora

Ozora Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 5, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea LFC
    deserve to lose. hope coach and players learn a lesson from this game.

5. puyol

puyol Member+

FC Barcelona
    Dec 24, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    not really , Craperto makes anything thinkable , every single cross came from his side without any pressure , just look at their fourth goal , ******** Lucho for letting him play there and EV for not having the balls to tell him to ******** off somewhere , Semedo should just ask to leave in the winter transfers because it seems this Virus will never go away no matter what ...

Ever since Alves left it has been the same every single year , I think the only one who can change this is Messi , if he Demands that a proper Right back defender needs to play in that position then i don't think the president or the coach will reject his request , but Messi don't seem to do that even though it is needed whether it is in Barca or Argentina :(

6. Viscaelbarca

Viscaelbarca Moderator
    Staff Member

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 31, 2007
    MELT01
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    VAR didn't give us a goal. The players scored and VAR correctly ruled it a legitimate goal. Now go ******** yourself.

BocaFan, celito, condor11 and 2 others repped this.
  7. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

Thanks MATS! Don't think you dare to take the subway now do you? Man 1-2 at that point!!!

8. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    It was a valid goal. If you take off your rose-colored glasses you'd notice that Messi wasn't offside.
    Betis still won.without breaking a sweat.

9. Ozora

Ozora Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 5, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea LFC
    lost but still at the top of table pls:cool:

10. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Rough night. Learn the lessons, move on. Title-winning seasons have matches like this.

Betis more impressive than usual, hats off.

11. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

So does title losing seasons.

12. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Yep, one result doesn't matter a lot either way.

condor11 repped this.
  13. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

Nope it doesn't but Girona, Betis, Bilbao, Leganes (Rayo was a dumb luck win too).

Something is broken and I wonder if it has anything to do with players or coach. Craperto should be rested until Christmas, he was piss poor, he's involved in too many bad players giving away goals. Guess it falls on EV for blind belief in his system.

Fezza repped this.
  14. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    This wouldn’t have happened if Paulinho was here. Even just sitting on the bench.

condor11, unclesox and Forzabarca repped this.
  15. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    what a disaster of a season...we are not 10 points ahead in la liga.

evil_allan and BocaFan repped this.
  16. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    exactly plus we will be first regardless of what happens this round. Says a lot if you can have a shitter of a game but still be on top.

The team just needs to refocus.

17. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

Together with Asspanyol!!

18. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I don't agree Rayo was "dumb luck", but I do agree that consistency is key in Liga.

I think both the players and the coach could do better. It seems to me we're one step off in many ways from a great level - we do many things well, but also many things don't click well enough yet. I don't think it's any one big thing, rather a bunch of small things combined.

condor11 repped this.
  19. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

I think at this point it starts with the coach. EV is not even in top 20 managers in the world yet he's coaching Barcelona.

Barça scraping points anyway despite shit performance and being top of La Liga shows the quality in the team. If someone can harness that and straighten the team out Barca can easily be further ahead at the top. EV is just lucky.

The board needs to think hard. Wasting another season isn't a option. Barça don't owe EV anything.

20. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I can't agree that "it starts with the coach". To me, the coach is one piece of the puzzle - a team's performance is a sum of many things, from the board's decisions to the coach's abilities to how the players act. Coach is important, but when things go wrong, it's not all on the coach. I can't tell what you think of it, but on average AFAIK people overestimate the coach's importance in result-getting.

Tough to rank coaches definitively, as they operate in very different circumstances. Valverde just lucky, though, is obvious bs.

I agree board needs to make good decisions, and we owe Valverde nothing. If you imply that board should kick Valverde out, and that would be great for our results, I fail to agree.

evil_allan and condor11 repped this.
  21. Viscaelbarca

Viscaelbarca Moderator
    Staff Member

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 31, 2007
    MELT01
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Vidal was a beast when he came on. He changed the mentality of the team. Busquets should have stayed on as opposed to Rakitic. Arthur was taken out too early and we lost complete control of MF.

I hope this doesn't mean that Malcom will be chastised. It wasn't his fault that the was absolutely no control and no tactical preparation by EV.

22. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I honestly don’t see the big fuk up in Roberto in the first goal . From the reactions I thought he got skinned. Ball went in between his legs on a cut back and shot.

23. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I definitely would like to see Vidal more .

evil_allan repped this.
  24. Viscaelbarca

Viscaelbarca Moderator
    Staff Member

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 31, 2007
    MELT01
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    #99 Viscaelbarca, Nov 11, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2018
    I don't think it was his fault. I think that they were stretching us and we were too narrow, every time they attacked were were out-numbered.

My anger is towards EV. He reacted too late, he should have changed the setup after the first goal until things settled down a bit. I don't think he reads games well and takes way too long to change things. Same happened in el Clasico. Madrid dominated for 20 minutes before he changed things. With better finishing & a bit of luck they would have probably equalised and the match would've had different outcome.

25. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Where were the midfielders in the 2nd Betis goal ???