J.League Revenues, Management, Economics, etc.

Discussion in 'Japanese Club Football' started by psveindhoven, Aug 3, 2011.

1. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess this is management related.

Not exactly powerhouses, so I do not expect a flood of players from those countries to the J league.

Does anyone know if the rules apply to all 3 levels of the J league system?

http://www.jleague.jp/en/news/article/7968/

2. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Go to the J League site, then チケット and chose the game for which you would like to buy tickets. There are prices for every ticket in every sector.

Samurai Warrior repped this.
  3. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Thanks! That's a last-resource way to do it I guess. I was actually interested in average selling prices for a research but I guess it has not been published. I even downloaded the last 'spectators report' and did not see a mention about this stat.

4. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    AFAIK the regulations apply to all 3 tiers of the J.League. The league chairman remarked on this - he wants to increase competition in the league by eventually loosening the foreign player restrictions, while staying aligned to the AFC Champions League regulations (the status of which for 2017 is somewhat fluid).

The ACL allows for 3 (+1 AFC) foreign players registered to each team, and the new J.League rules allow for the same quota in each matchday 18. There has been some talk of the ACL expanding to 4+1 as well.

There have been some local rules specific to the J.League for some time now, e.g.
    • Under-20 developmental contracts (termed "Pro C" contracts) - usually youngsters from Brazil and South Korea who aren't ready for prime time
    • "Partner Nation" players
    • Japan-born and -educated players without Japanese nationality (mostly ethnic Koreans) are essentially treated as Japanese
    For instance, my club's (Kawasaki Frontale) foreign player lineup looks like this for the 2017 season:
    • Elsinho (Brazil)
    • Eduardo (Brazil)
    • Eduardo Neto (Brazil)
    • Rhayner (Brazil)
    • Jung Sung-ryong (South Korea)
    • Jefferson Tabinas (Philippines / born in Japan, rookie "C" contract)
    Of the above, Jung and 3 of the Brazilians can be named to the J.League or AFC matchday squad at the same time. Eduardo is out until at least May with a shoulder injury, though.

Radu Razvan repped this.
  5. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    which one? ;)

• Eduardo (Brazil)
    • Eduardo Neto (Brazil)

6. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the first one, lol.

7. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Jesus Christ... I just learned that Yuma Suzuki from Kashima and Kamata from Tosu are 'never-to-be' rappers... And some people were bold enogh to give the headlines with 'strong mentality' when they announced that in social media or even TV (like Suzuki did). Jesus, they're so dumb.

What happened between the great generation of Ono, Hide Nakata, Shunsuke, Tsune Miyamoto or Ogaswara? All of them are damn funny, intelligent, smart, know how to look in front of the audience. Now those idiots are going to rule the next NT (I hope not!). Some people came up with 'Aho Sedai' - the Dumb Generation. I could easily add there Ideguchi who's as stupid as it could be. It doesn't look bright for the future (no pun intended).

[​IMG]

8. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Majster2 repped this.
  9. Sakaguchi92

Sakaguchi92 Member

Sep 1, 2016
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Wasn't aware of Kamata but Suzuki's "Yankee" persona is uncomfortable to watch. As long as there football keeps improving I won't complain yet.

Nakayama, Tomiyasu and Miyoshi and co seem a bit more "mature".

10. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They are young jocks. What is the problem? Seems like they're having good-natured fun, don't be so judgy.

Radu Razvan repped this.
  11. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    #211 Majster2, Jan 13, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
    lol, and Toyoda encouraging him for more in front of the camera applauding him. Indeed, dumb people sleep well! Just look at Nakayama's face - it tells it all...
    Any sane guy would feel embarrassed by doing that. They won't be getting smarter by playing football. I only hope they'll do their job on the pitch at least in the future. Without that - they're lost.

Kagawa seems like a Nobel Prize winner compared to those two. Not to mention smart people from previous generation (like Toyoda who's making fun of him, Honda, Uchida or Nagatomo for example). There's deep intellectual valley between them and all of those I mentioned in this very thread.

Surely a great material for TV but not so much for their parents I assume... Damn, even Kanazaki knew what's going on when Suzuki came up with his 'verses'...

12. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    To each their own. Nakata quit football at 30 to focus on fashion, is that more noble by your standards ?

Radu Razvan repped this.
  13. nipponbasse83

nipponbasse83 Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Ichikawa, Chiba, Japan
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    I honestly dont see what the fuzz is about that videoclip. As someone else says, it looks like young guys having fun. No problem with that!

14. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Maybe they weren't the smartest in class but hey, it's guys kicking a ball... gotta keep those expectations low :p

Radu Razvan repped this.