It's off-season and I'm bored, so........

Discussion in 'Chelsea Off Topic Threads' started by yasik19, May 24, 2007.

1. Davva

Davva Member

Sep 23, 2005
    Riverside, CA
    Thought I would reply just to help MG from feeling old. :)

1. 46.
    2. Born at RAF Halton in Buckinghamshire England. Have lived in France, Germany, Holland, Cyprus, Saudi Arabia and various places in UK. Have now settled in Riverside California.
    3. Recently started a Limousine business.
    4. Hobbies....golf (14 handicap), CFC, Play guitar (badly)
    5. Dad played for Dunfermline so started me kicking a ball early. (about 20 minutes after Mum and I arrived home from hospital according to Mum. :) )
    Played in goal to start with. Peter Bonetti was the reason I became a Chelsea fan. I tried hard to emulate him but only managed to reach the dizzy heights of School Goalie. Got a bit hacked off in goal so turned striker around age 15. Had my moments but nothing spectacular. By the mid 20's the beer was taking it's toll so moved to midfield. At 30 ish the legs weren't as they used to be so got shunted into defense. Played in the middle and was ok. Kinda like JT (I like to think...:D ) Positional sense and an ability to read the game compensated for my tiring legs. Played up until I left Saudi in 2003. I miss playing more than anything.
    6. The first time I saw Chelsea play was at the Bridge in 1971 against The Arse and we lost 2-1. For robbing me of the chance to see my team win on the first time I saw them play, I will NEVER forgive The Arse.

2. FeliX 450

FeliX 450 I am me

Sep 8, 2007
    San Diego, So*Cal
    O wow. I was born in Odessa too, but then we moved to Ilychevsk when i was about 3 years old. :cool:

1. 18
    2. San Diego, was born in Odessa Ukraine
    3. For now i work at Target, but joinig Navy soon as an Aircraft Engineer
    4. Dirt Bikes and Racing MX is where i spend most doing. Soccer is my 2nd fav. sport to play.
    5. Right Midfielder is where i spent most of my time playing, also a pretty good goalkeeper. Resemble Luis Figo( at least i try :eek:)
    6. Not really :D

3. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    1. 24 yrs old
    2. I am born and brought up in India.
    3. I am currently a software consultant in SAP but looking to study further.
    4. I like to work-out, hang out with friends on weekends, movies,books, the usual stuff.
    5. I used to play as a striker. Left it a long time ago. Now only sport I play is badminton.
    6. I can bench press 250 pounds :D

4. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I see Eddie didn't fill this out yet. Allow me.

1. How old are you?
    2. Where do you live and where were you born, if different?
    3. What do you do and where do you work?
    4. Favorite hobbies
    5. If you play soccer, what position do you play and which professional player do you most resemble?
    6. Anything else you want to add.

1. 30 (40 physically, 14 mentally) - age is an overrated indicator of self-being.
    2. Pittsburgh (born and raised in Horsham PA, and proud owner of Horsham FC (Surrey, UK) football jersey). PA is overrated though.
    3. Those that can, teach. I nearly can, so substitute. Teaching is overrated
    4. PS3, MLB2007 The Show and Madden. Most things are overrated though.
    5. All over the pitch brothers. Stopper, scorer and lover. Playing soccer is overrated.
    6. Never met a cheesesteak I didn't eat. Cheesesteaks are overrated though.

5. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    you and Eddie spend WAY too much time together. :D

6. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    First morning I saw him come out of his room with his moobs :eek: on display was the second I knew that 5 minutes was way too much time :p

Very fine moobs I might add.

7. mshankb

mshankb Member

Nov 15, 2004
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    1. 24 years, 6 months, 20-something days
    2. I have lived in Manchester for 4 years, currently share my time between there and a small town 20 miles from Nottingham, which is where I grew up. Born in High Wycombe, which is a fair way south of here and a long way south of Manchester.
    3. I am on the dreaded McDonald's career ladder. I actually love it.
    4. Hobbies including music, live and recorded of many different types. I have tried playing but... I'm not very good.
    5. As a kid I played RM and RB. I preferref midfield, but was a better full-back. Now I'm more of a centre-half in the JT mould - not the quickest, but good reading of the game, good positioning, strong in the tackle and useful up front when needed :D
    6. There's no 'I' in team. There is an 'I' in pie. In meat pie. Meat is an anagram of team... I dunno.

8. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    From now on you shall be know as McShank :D

9. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    1. 19, turning 20 next month.

2. Born and raised in Metro Detroit Michigan of the United States but may end up in Chicago or New York City for school.

3. I am a student but for 2 years (2005-2007) I worked for the Palace of Auburn Hills (A basketball arena that hosted the Detroit Pistons) I worked in parking and I quit so I could focus on football more and school. Not in that order though.

4. Football, running, guitar, watching the Red Wings (Hockey) and playing with my dog.

5. Goalkeeper and I try to resemble Cech and Buffon.

6. I have witnessed a United Nations general assembly meeting in progress, I met a Gold Medalist in the Olympics, and I met Gordie Howe who was one of the best players ever in hockey. My name is French for Go Football but I meant to type in Jouer Football which means play football. Sadly I got the words mixed up.

10. mshankb

mshankb Member

Nov 15, 2004
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I don't think futbol is French for football either...

I forgot to mention that I genuinely love television. Not ************ television, but brilliant television which is an all-too-easily overlooked art these days. Brilliant comedy, especially, is a favourite of mine. Great docs, great drama - unbeatable.

11. I-Got-The-BLUES

May 1, 2006
    Orlando, Florida.
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    A few months late, but hey...why not?

1. I'm 20

2. I currently live in Orlando, Florida. Born in Kingston, Jamaica. And half raised in Ontario, Canada.

3. I work at Universal Studios Orlando, while attending College. I get to socialize with many Europeans (and other out of countriers), as you Euros really love wearing your team kits when visiting our parks.
    Our streets are flooded with England NT's, Scottish NT's, Brazilian NT's, and Argentina NT's.
    Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Man U, Newcastle, Celtic, Rangers, Everton, Milan, Barca, Boca Juniors, Real Madrid, LA Galaxy (Beckham), and numerous Mexican League kits are the most common.
    I've also seen a total of 2 Leeds kits being worn. Two gorgeous, top heavy ladies....didn't know how to approach them, hit on them, or laugh at them:confused:

4. Chelsea, My Girl, & Video Gaming

5. DM, Makelele. I have a lot of speed, and could be an excellent RB/RWB, but my crossing leaves a lot to be desired :(

6. I hope to be bilingual by 2010, and trilingual by 2015. (English-Spanish-French)