It's Not Even Cold Yet...Winter Transfers Already Heating Up

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by juveeer, Sep 4, 2018.

1. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    I get why Benatia would want to go, but if he does that only leaves us with Chiellini, Bonucci, Rugani and an aging Barzagli as central defenders during the business end of the season. Why do we do it if there is no cover?

2. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    That would be good for Rugani as it will give him more playing time. We have stayed with 4-back all season, so a 5th center back is extra.

calabrese8 and juveeer repped this.
  3. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    JANUARY 23
    • Gonzalo Higuain moves to Chelsea on a six-month loan. The loan has an option for a further one-year loan deal until June 2020 for €18 million ($20,487,150) to be paid in 2019/20 or a permanent transfer for €36 million ($40,974,300 US), with payment payable over two years.

Juve made nothing on the 6 month loan deal.

4. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    LOOKS LIKE THIS WAS DONE SOLEY TO PERMIT HIGGY TO MOVE AND MAYBE WIN SOME POINTS FROM CHELSKI DOWN THE ROAD.

We should have demanded Caldara back from Milan for facilitating this deal.

5. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    What a clusterf*ck that deal turned out to be...

Dante repped this.
  6. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    I get that, but I would feel a lot better if we had that fifth defender for security. I don't think that any of the fullbacks on the roster can fill in in the case of emergency. Hopefully we stay injury-free and have the best players available in the key Champions League games.

7. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sky Italia claims that Benatia has accepted an offer from Qatari club Al Duhail. He wants to leave Juve this January, Juve want a replacement for him before he goes.

Juve are holding a meeting with Spinazzola's agent, it looks like he will remain with the club instead of going out on loan.

8. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    JANUARY 24
    • Stefano Sturaro moves to Genoa on a six-month loan for a fee of €1.5 million ($1,695,222 US), payable in 2018/19. If certain sporting obligations are met, the loan has an obligation to buy for €8.5 million ($9,606,258), with payment payable over three years. The fee may increase a further €8 million ($9,041,184 US) on achieving given conditions in the course of the duration of the contract.

9. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Momblano claims that Juve may sign Ezequiel Garay as Benatia's replacement.

calabrese8 repped this.
  10. thinredline10

thinredline10 Member+

Juventus
    Apr 2, 2017
    I know that ruptured achilles in the nfl can legit end a players career, they are very hard to come back from.

what about soccer? any past examples of players who came back and recovered their form? It would be a shame if Caldaras career was ruined by this injury.

11. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I think that was what Totti had before World Cup 2006. Or maybe it was ligament damage. I forget...

12. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Reports that Mehdi Benatia has agreed to a deal with Al Duhail for over €4 million a season. They've also reached an agreement with Juve, for €10 million.

Parma don't want to release Bruno Alves, Fenerbahçe want €2 million for Skrtel. Lazio wants €700,000 for Caceres, who is the most likely to come in.

13. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sky, Rome Agresti and others all reporting, Caceres will rejoin Juve shortly, Benatia will be sold. Juve will pay €600,000 for the player.

Pjaca has turned down the offer to join Genoa. He'll remain at Fiorentina until June.

14. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    This really should make me a lot more unhappier than it does...

15. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Caceres, lol. Why even sign anyone if you're gonna do that?

16. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Caceres is the new Matri

juveeer repped this.
  17. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    The only thin g I will say is he is flexible. he can provide some cover for all 4 defensive positions.

Does he have anything left in the tank? That is another matter, but I am sure he is happy as he!! to be back in blanc and white. He never wanted to leave, but that crashed Ferrari rule sent him off.

Plus he has been injury prone in the past.

18. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #344 Dante, Jan 25, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2019
    The Benatia and Caceres deals are done, just need the final signatures and announcements.

Update: Di Marzio is claiming that Caceres has signed his contract with Juve.

19. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC

20. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    And I can't help but adore them both...

juveeer repped this.
  21. Mean Machine

Mean Machine Member+

May 23, 2018
    Is Caldara as good as we thought he would be? He is not really getting much playing time at AC Milan. Maybe that deal wasn't so bad after all. I don't know, but I have a feeling that Caldara is not as good as we hoped for.

22. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Caldara has been out most of the season with an Achilles tendon problem.

juveeer repped this.
  23. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    There's was no point in involving AC Milan in the first place when we should have just sold Higuain directly to Chelsea from the beginning, regardless of Caldara.

We had to use Caldara to bribe Milan to take Higuain because we needed the latter's wages off of our books, but we were still paying part of his salary anyway. If we'd have just sold to Chelsea in the summer, not only would we have gotten the money from the transfer fee, but we could have been rid of his wages while leaving Meelan to fund their own rebuilding.

That's why the stupidity of the deal stung, Caldara or no Caldara.

gumbacicc and juveeer repped this.
  24. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Chelsea was not interested, only Sarri. Otherwise, the sale would have been made last summer.