Italy vs. USA [R], 11/20/2018 - 2:45 PM EST

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by schrutebuck, Nov 20, 2018.

1. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Goodness gracious. Look at the passing numbers.

Screenshot_20181120_134654.png

TOAzer and Android Cat repped this.
  2. gunnerfan7

gunnerfan7 Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jul 22, 2012
    Santa Cruz, California
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FYP. Watching the USMNT is torture. First the U20 Honduras "game", and now this. I need therapy.

Burr, taylor, Jumbalaya and 1 other person repped this.
  3. adam tash

adam tash Member+

Jul 12, 2013
    Barcelona, Spain
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i hate the 5-3-2....

Italy a team that cannot score - missed the world cup and is flatout stuggling -outshot the us 17-3 despite the "DEFENSIVE" strategy. US was lucky to only give up 1 imo...plenty of defensive breakdowns that didnt get punished.

A much better England team outshot the US 16-10 despite the us coming out in a 4-2-3-1.

The defensive lineups are fools gold. they stop the usmnt attack and render it toothless without truly stopping the opponents' attack - and make for dreadful viewing.

gunnerfan7 and RalleeMonkey repped this.
  4. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    We'd look even better against St. Vincent.

5. TrueCrew

TrueCrew Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This team is not good.

Like below 50th in the world. More like 75-100.

We have one (Pulisic) player who is anywhere close to average to above average. Maybe two if one counts Brooks.

The coaching is bad. The federation is corrupt and incompetent. I have serious doubts we qualify for Qatar. Still some time. Gold Cup next summer. Out at quarters or group?

Eleven Bravo repped this.
  6. DIMITAR BERBATOV!

Aug 2, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Delgado seems to have a good soccer mind, but his athletic limitations are apparent. Not a top flight player.

Adams has the athleticism and the motor. With more experience, I believe he'll be solid for us.

Generally speaking, our team lacks technical ability, first touch, and passing. We struggle to break pressure, retain the ball, and create clear chances against competent opposition.

I just don't understand how in a country of 300M+ people where a lot of kids are playing this sport, these are the best 15-20 players we can find.

ShortyMac, RalleeMonkey and neems repped this.
  7. Runhard

Runhard Member+

Barcelona
    United States
    Jul 5, 2018
    Yea, my attempt at sarcasm. From reading this thread it appears we ran out a team of U12 rec players.

The US soccer puzzle is never to be solved I fear..

8. johnny6

johnny6 Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Jun 29, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Welcome to the rebuilding phase, it sucks and there's more downs than ups unfortunately.

9. TOAzer

TOAzer Member+

The Man With No Club
    May 29, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dec.7, Reuters, breaking news "In a surprise, daring, attack on our Sanity, squadrons of USSF officials in Chicago House declare Tab Ramos Manager through 2026, but only after he has led the US Youth sides to their respective World Cups in 2019. Interim Manager Dave Sarachan will command Swamp Croupcack until August, 2019, and then will serve as assistant manager to Tab Ramos [ who ,by the way, speaks Spanish ]. Bitter enders from the remnants of Sam's Army, and the thinning ranks of American Outlaws, have hid in the everglades west of Miami, vowing to lead a guerrilla struggle against these actions. Chicago House responds with "Operation Flynnt's Angel Heart", in which fresh corps of pythons, constrictors, and crocodiles are sent into their suspected hideouts."
    Happy Holidays, comrades

10. Runhard

Runhard Member+

Barcelona
    United States
    Jul 5, 2018
    If those are our only problems, heck we should be able to fix that in no time. :)

At least you didn't say low soccer IQ.

Again sarcasm....

11. neems

neems Member+

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Apr 14, 2009
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Because the USSF has been run by business people with close to zero IQ of what organizational structure will build talent. They are penny pinchers and focus on things like marketing over development.

Who on the US soccer board or in leadership positions recently would you trust to run a professional club?

Edit: I’ll say it another way.. what professional clubs or top 50 national teams would hire someone from our board, administrative leadership, or coaches?

12. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

You have to be shitting me. This guy goes 2 years undefeated with Spain, but he's too late for us?!?!??

natfaninla, Cristobal, yurch10 and 11 others repped this.
  13. neems

neems Member+

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Apr 14, 2009
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That’s got to be a joke right??

UniversalAdvice repped this.
  14. TOAzer

TOAzer Member+

The Man With No Club
    May 29, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They don't have to be shitting us.....when they can just shit on us.

Burr, gunnerfan7, ShortyMac and 3 others repped this.
  15. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    And in the post-game show they're circling the wagons. Yuck.

16. Android Cat

Android Cat Member+

Sep 16, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The U.S passing percentage is not even up to par with abysmal....

Suyuntuy and TOAzer repped this.
  17. LouisZ

LouisZ Member+

Oct 14, 2010
    Southern California-USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess long got the assist on the score

18. TOAzer

TOAzer Member+

The Man With No Club
    May 29, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But we can agree that we are in a bad abyss.......

19. Android Cat

Android Cat Member+

Sep 16, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

If they have already selected a coach, then yeah. Wish he had reached out sooner.

20. NicktheGreek

NicktheGreek Member+

Feb 15, 2001
    Would have been a reasonable comment if it was a roll of the dice or a cut of he deck.

21. Wendigo7

Wendigo7 Member+

Bournemouth
    England
    Mar 31, 2015
    Poole
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Pathetic response. I’m going to be ignorant and say despite Lopeteguis failed tenure at RM, he’s miles ahead of Berhalter?

22. Sam Hamwich

Sam Hamwich Member+

Jul 11, 2006
    US soccer is run by MLS. Never again will the likes of JK be hired. They might allow a towering figure like Arsene If he comes in at 2mm or something dirt cheap otherwise it's Peter Ramos Beerholder from here on out.

TOAzer, SteelyTom, gunnerfan7 and 2 others repped this.
  23. grandinquisitor28

Feb 11, 2002
    Nevada
    Pretty much how I feel until I hear the hire. Then it's more General Bat Guano at the Machine Gun with Group Commander Mandrake (can't link that from work).

TOAzer repped this.
  24. RalleeMonkey

RalleeMonkey Member+

Aug 30, 2004
    here
    In other words, the ink is dry on Berhalter's agreement to start some time in the future (to save a few month's of his salary), but we're not going to announce that, as it would reveal us to be the idiots everyone already knows we are.

25. LouisZ

LouisZ Member+

Oct 14, 2010
    Southern California-USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think we got the ponies, we just need someone that can make them play as a unit. A wasted year with this clown. For an interim coach I would have selected Porter, he is not ready for a permanent role but all of his teams know how to move the ball around.

TOAzer repped this.