Italy vs Uruguay (Friendly) and vs Liechtenstein (WC Qualifier)

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by Italy-Azzurri-Fan, May 29, 2017.

1. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    I dont disagree with that but id rather pass judgement after next season. Who knows either he will return to his old form or reinvent himself once again.

2. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    In what way is Marchisio lacking technically compared to the other top tier of mids? He's a deep lying playmaker he doesnt need to dribble past the team like Iniesta or Verratti he organized the midfielder as well if not better than any midfielder in the world, was extremely solid defensively, good passer, and due to his technical ability and tactical brilliance rarely ever loses the ball.

I dont see how him not starting in the CL final has any relevance he has had an injury ridden season while coming back from an ACL tear. Really unfair to pass any judgement on him based on this season.

Its not Higuain's fault that we overpaid for him.

UdineseFan98 repped this.
  3. 'Uaglio

'Uaglio Member+

Jun 8, 2004
    NYC
    He's solid. I'd take Modric, Kroos, Iniesta, Verratti, Pogba, Nainggolan and others ahead of him though. I think he is below that top tier.

4. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Marchisio outperformed Pogba in both 2015-16 and 2014-15 seasons. Iniesta is aging, and really struggles to keep up with pace. Modric and Kroos are good, but they aren't really the same type of midfielders. Marchisio is a DM who strings passes and helps control the movement of the game. Modric and Kroos are box to box midfielders who help dictate the game and boss the midfield.

Afghan-Juventus repped this.