Italy vs Portugal Friendly 16th June in Geneva

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by Pirlopurity, Jun 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    In my opinion there have only been two great Portuguese players whom I saw in person and had the pleasure of meeting, Antonio Siomes and Eusebio...

[​IMG]

Rosay repped this.
  2. Pietro Calcio

Pietro Calcio Member+

Jul 28, 2007
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    @falvo

what about figo? rui costa?

3. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #253 falvo, Jun 19, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2015
    Rui Costa & Figo were ok. I liked Rui Costa when he was at Fiorentina. I only really saw Figo at the end when he went to Inter. Nothing like Simoes and Eusebio though.

4. forza_azzurri

forza_azzurri Member

May 31, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Rui Costa was class on and off the field. I call him the anti Ronaldo :)

Pietro Calcio and Rosay repped this.
  5. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    He also did good at Milan until Kaka out shined him....

6. Chess_Panther

Chess_Panther Member+

Apr 29, 2007
    Porto, Portugal
    You did nothing. This is when superiority complex gets the best of you when you speak in the first person about accomplishments you had no responsibility whatsoever. Your sense of proud is rightfully yours, but argumentation wise when we're talking about the present, then stick to the present?
    How does resorting to "4 stars bro" and dwell to the past is constructive in any way?
    It makes you look like a neanderthal because you have nothing else better to say. At least use it in the right context when people are comparing achievements or talking about prestige. If you're struggling with this, then please PM me, I can make a few things in PS and then put it all together in Powerpoint so that you understand.

I was in my university dorms hanging out this afternoon with some erasmus student and eventually remembered this clown spectacle going on here. I talked to a couple of guys from Sicily who chuckled about a few of those comments and one of them proceeded to trash his canadian cousins. I know this is the internet but based on several comments in here it seems to happen quite often in real life there. It's sorta of amusing, but serious, grow up. It's very sad to see so much nonsensical trashing from wannabe italians against people from a country that like Serie A the most, right after the Premier League.

I pity the few reasonable italian users here that have to debate with these baboons.

Calcio Pauly and artielange84 repped this.
  7. johnny6

johnny6 Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Jun 29, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    4 stars bro

Rosay repped this.
  8. Rob_420

Rob_420 Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Looking past this friendly the U21s of Portugal and Italy face off in a couple of days, should be a good one, this is one of Portugal's best U21 teams in years.

Not sure where this argument of Italy vs Portugal began perhaps on College St in TO? Both countries have been similar since 2000, Italy have had more success but Portugal have had their near misses as well. At this point it's close between the two sides, Italy are stronger and deeper as you'd expect. As for a hypothetical starting XI:

GK: Adv Italy
    Def: Adv Italy, though despite his struggles Contreao is better than any of our full backs.
    Mid: Slight edge to Portugal. In the middle we're about even and maybe slight edge to Italy with Pirlo, Verratti, DDR slight edge over Joao, Danny, Tiago. But Italy simply don't have anyone near Ronaldo's caliber
    Fwd: Eventhough this isn't the best times for Italian forwards, Portugal never have any good strikers. Wingers yes plenty of them but no strikers.

9. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I just did a test draw for the 2018 World Cup Qualifications and this is how it came out:

Group A: Portugal, Switzerland, Northern Ireland, Bulgaria, Belarus, Luxembourg

Group B:
    Germany, Slovakia, Poland, Norway, Macedonia, Andorra

Group C:
    England, Czech Republic, Serbia, Faroe Islands, Latvia, Georgia

Group D:
    Belgium, Denmark, Greece, Montenegro, Finland, San Marino

Group E:
    Spain, France, Ukraine, Slovenia, Cyprus, Liechtenstein

Group F:
    Romania, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Hungary, Turkey, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan

Group G:
    Netherlands, ITALY, Scotland, Estonia, Lithuania, Malta

Group H:
    Croatia, Austria, Albania, Republic of Ireland, Moldova

Group I:
    Wales, Iceland, Sweden, Israel, Armenia

I'd take this draw if I had a choice. Its not the easiest group in the world, but we need some tough matches, because it hurts us only in the end if our qualification group is too easy. Not too hard either. A declining Netherlands, and Scotland shouldn't be too hard, but they will put up good fights. There are some other teams that might hate it, but all I care about is ours. Please I hope this draw is the real draw, although its probably not going to be of course. How do all of you like this draw?

10. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Denmark did better than Italy in the qualifiers and actually also beat Yugoslavia in Belgrade, but Denmark still came in second in the group because a very strong Yugoslavia won all the rest of their games .... had Denmark been in the group with the Soviet Union, I'm quite sure they would still have made it to the finals, considering that the Soviet Union (CIS) lost 3-0 to Scotland and finished dead last at the Euro-92 finals.

11. Deleted User x

Deleted User x Member+

Mar 21, 2006
    Spoken like someone who's people have never accomplished anything in the sporting world. Azzurri fans live in the past, present, and future because it's all good.

Rosay repped this.
  12. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Only the Portugese who regard coming close to first place a significant achievement would regard that as a compliment.

Rosay repped this.
  13. Pietro Calcio

Pietro Calcio Member+

Jul 28, 2007
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #263 Pietro Calcio, Jun 19, 2015
    or you could argue had denmark been in Italy's 92 qualifying group you would have had a strong soviet team (runners up euro 88 ) to face plus 2 good teams in Norway and Hungary ( which were better teams back then ) in total facing 3 difficult sides instead of your group which just had one real threat really in Yugoslavia. Austria/Northern Ireland/ and especially the Faroe Islands were weak back then much like today. the only true weak team Italy faced in their group was Cyprus so if we are playing "what ifs" you might have finished in the same position again in 2nd.

also if we are playing "what if's" how the soviet union played in the final tournament has no bearing on how they actually played previously in qualifying so using their 3-0 defeat and how they placed in euro 92 as a measuring stick to determine Denmark would still have qualified being in the same qualifying group is sophomoric at best

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Euro_1992_qualifying

14. Pietro Calcio

Pietro Calcio Member+

Jul 28, 2007
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #264 Pietro Calcio, Jun 19, 2015
    also where are all these other fans coming from? not enough action in their respective forums so they are lurking here to jump on posts they don't agree with

wasn't a certain Italian member here flamed for going into other boards and doing the same.....but it's ok when the shoe is on the other foot?

Rosay and totti fan repped this.
  15. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Sporting accomplished quite a lot! :):):)

Primeira Liga: 18

1940–41, 1943–44, 1946–47, 1947–48, 1948–49, 1950–51, 1951–52, 1952–53, 1953–54, 1957–58, 1961–62, 1965–66, 1969–70, 1973–74, 1979–80, 1981–82, 1999–2000, 2001–02

Portuguese Cup: 16
    1940–41, 1944–45, 1945–46, 1947–48, 1953–54, 1962–63, 1970–71, 1972–73, 1973–74, 1977–78, 1981–82, 1994–95, 2001-02, 2006–07, 2007–08, 2014–15

Portuguese SuperCup: 7

1982, 1987, 1995, 2000, 2002, 2007, 2008

Championship of Portugal: 4
    1922–23, 1933–34, 1935–36, 1937–38

International competitions European Cup Winners' Cup: 1
    1963–64

16. Pirlopurity

Pirlopurity Member

Jun 12, 2015
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    THANKYOU!!!!!!!! EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!! these idiots and there '' 4 stars bro '' well what the ******** have they ever did? did lately and did now? They can talk of the present. The fact is they havnt did anything bar win qualifying games. Who doesn't. They lost at home too in THIS qualifying campaign. They lost to Cape Verde, and also lost to France. Their loss to Cape Verde was under Santos. They get knocked out in the group stage, as we did, which is very recent. If they want to point to qualification then as mentioned they have lost, while we havn't. We had Verratti, De Rossi, Marchisio, Chiellni, Buffon and Barzagli out. They had Ronaldo out but that's all we hear, not about our outs.

So biased. As you pointed out, weve had better results since they finally started qualifying again for world cups, which they only started doing consistently since 2002. So before these idiots cry with the '' 4 stars bro '' which btw says it all. Look at our results, look at their results in tournaments and look at now.

Exit world cup
    loss to Albania
    Loss to France
    Loss to Cape Verde

And if they say look at now with their win, well weve beaten them 17 times, drawn 4 and lost 4, the 4th coming for the first time in 39 years. So what, does this one win count for everything? HAHAHAHAHA. One friendly win defines success and is like winning the world cup:confused:

Portugals so good now because they beat us a in a friendly and have achieved massive success by sitting top of their group which they lost at home to the might of Albania:confused:

We own them in every way. There is no comparison. They've never won a thing.

Yes I will say '' 4 stars bro ''

What can you say Portuguese?

NOTHING!!!!! BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT YOYVE WON!!!!!!

Case closed.

Rosay repped this.
  17. Pietro Calcio

Pietro Calcio Member+

Jul 28, 2007
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #267 Pietro Calcio, Jun 19, 2015
    yeah prandelli said the same thing after failing to be seeded for the 2014 WC groups and look at how that ended up....those tough matches didn't end up "helping us" at all for the next round....we were out in the group phase

being seeded sometimes can mean all the difference between getting through and not getting through....especially for Italy historically

18. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    #268 ---Z---, Jun 19, 2015
    And you lost to portugal and are behind Croatia what does that make you? You lost to portugal who didn't even have ronaldo who was coming off three consecutive hat tricks you should be thankful he wasn't there or you would have lost 4-0

Ronaldo 3 stars bro 4 golden shoes call me when one of your boys can say the same

3 ballon dor bro!!!!

artielange84 repped this.
  19. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I predict no Italian will ever be as good as cr7

I also predict lotto 649 numbers for June 3 2023.

14 56 43 17 19 9 bonus 14

artielange84 repped this.
  20. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    There have historically, been many better than him and they all won World Cups or were runner-ups..... Something that your precious CR7 will probably never even get close to.

21. Pietro Calcio

Pietro Calcio Member+

Jul 28, 2007
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    seriously get the F&&&CCCKKKK OUTTA HERE ALREADY......these f&ckin kids from toronto and their pseudo Italy-Portugal rivalry...take that shit back to the bars of toronto...for f7cks sake get outta here already with this shit

artielange84 and Pirlopurity repped this.
  22. Pirlopurity

Pirlopurity Member

Jun 12, 2015
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Lol forget about the bitter bitch. Listing an individual player in a team sport where only trophies matter shows what a desperate envying twat he is. It's all they have, Ronaldo. It's all they ever will. As another poster mentioned the arrogant, selfish man that is Ronaldo hasn't won anything with country, and never will.

When it's mattered most for country, Ronaldo has failed.

NOTHING!!:)

Disregard this jealous troll from now one. Disregard any Portuguese that says anything. They shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence as us. Never been better, never will. They simply aren't.

They have zero trophies. Went out in the group. Lost to Albania, France and Cape Verde which is the present.

They're royally ********ed and always will be.

23. Pirlopurity

Pirlopurity Member

Jun 12, 2015
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Fine let's talk about the present. Last year, yet again you failed at the world cup. Like you do every world cup, and every tournament. You lost 1-0 at home to Albania. You lost to France 2-1. You lost to Cape Verde 2-0. CAPE VERDE. The present is, the same like it always has been. You won ******** all. Oh but you beat us in a friendly. So 1 friendly win is how you gauge a team is it? Is it the pinnacle of football? Because in case you have forgotten, we have beaten you 17 times. 17. So what are we going to wipe all that out because of one friendly result? how many times have you beaten us? 5? lets erase the 39 years you failed to beat us in then. Because you won one game. One game of the present counts for everything. You dumb ********.Lets erase our 4 world cups. Lets erase as the other poster above pointed out since 2000 when you only just started to QUALIFY REGULARLY AGAIN we have had better results than you. If one game means everything now, then it did then. 17 wins vs your 5. And we knocked you out of the 94 world cup beating you twice. You are a dead set ********ing idiot.

The same logic you use now, IN YOUR FAVOUR, can be used our way.

since 2000 ********wit

Italy win 2-0 in 2000
    1-0 in 2002
    2-1 in 2004
    3-1 in 2008.

WHOOOAAAAAA youre better than us you won 1-0!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHHAHAHAHGAHA

By your logic - Cape Verde is better than Portugal.

********ing dickhead.

Rosay repped this.
  24. Pirlopurity

Pirlopurity Member

Jun 12, 2015
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Albania is better than Portugal

Dude. Get the ******** over it. You Portuguese are all the same. Deep down jealous of our success. One friendly win means the world to you. What about all the others we've beaten you.

Just ******** off idiot Comparing Portugal to Italy is a ********ing joke. Results speak for themselves. Past, present and future.

Cape Verde>>>>>>>Portugal
    Albania>>>>>Portugal

Rosay repped this.
  25. Pirlopurity

Pirlopurity Member

Jun 12, 2015
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Messi>>>>>>Ronaldo

Deleted User x repped this.