Italy v Germany v England in UEFA Coefficient Rankings(R)

Discussion in 'UEFA and Europe' started by Deleted User x, Aug 9, 2017.

1. M

M Member+

Feb 18, 2000
    Via Ventisette
    Amazing. Some of the earlier posts in this thread are now true lol material.

And with Italy's one banner year dropping out of consideration for 2020, as things stand they fall behind Germany as things stand. Of course, a lot could change between now and then.

2. LorneMarvello

LorneMarvello Member+

Jul 1, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    All their base belongs to us

thepremierleague repped this.
  3. thepremierleague

Mar 14, 2001
    London
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Something dramatic like this was required to shut up the Premier League haters.

The signs were there last season, 5 in the second round, Arsenal unlucky in the Europa semi final. Tottenham
    were unfortunate to lose to Juventus in the second round. Liverpool losing Salah in the final.

This season wouldn't have been enough if just Liverpool beat Ajax in the Champions League final and Valencia won the Europa League.

It needed a clean sweep like this to shut some mouths after 5 years of Spanish wins.
    Hopefully now some more English wins will come in the next 5 years.

LorneMarvello and roverman repped this.
  4. Deleted User x

Deleted User x Member+

Mar 21, 2006
    So no more whining about the coefficients being flawed?

BocaFan repped this.
  5. LorneMarvello

LorneMarvello Member+

Jul 1, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yes for sure after this season our Coeys should be on a level god could not even conquer

6. LorneMarvello

LorneMarvello Member+

Jul 1, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    anyway I salute you for being the only serie a fan to come in here after our victory has been total and complete.

7. Deleted User x

Deleted User x Member+

Mar 21, 2006
    The Serie A is a one horse race, none of the teams have any identity anymore, and the low number of domestic players is just sad to see. I'm not a fan of that league anymore tbh.

LorneMarvello repped this.
  8. NaBUru38

NaBUru38 Member+

Mar 8, 2016
    Las Canteras, Uruguay
    Club:
    Club Nacional de Football
    Netherlands is ranked 14th, despite Ajax reaching CL semifinals. It's bullshit.

9. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Question as I can't find it online.... If Chelsea makes the UEFA Champions League Group stage by winning the Europa League who takes their CL spot for placing 3rd in the EPL? Will England get another place in the Champions League tournament or will it go to another country?

10. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Countries can't get fifth CL spots anymore. Because the CL and EL winners qualified from their league, Lyon (third in France, which is fifth) and Red Bull Salzburg (champion of Austria, which is eleventh) got moved forward to the Group Stage. As a result of Lyon and Red Bull Salzburg starting in the Group Stage, six clubs got moved forward a qualifying round. Austria benefited twice because moving up Lyon moved second place LASK Linz from Qualifying Round 2 to Qualifying Round 3.

11. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Thanks! I had read after I posted that Lyon got to go to the group stage. If Arsenal won though, would that mean Tottenham Hotspur wouldn't be admitted? They were/are the 4th team and if the Spurs go at that point, England would have 5 teams in the CL.....

[​IMG]

12. Mean Machine

Mean Machine Member+

May 23, 2018
    No if Arsenal won, England would have 5 teams in UCL.

falvo repped this.
  13. LorneMarvello

LorneMarvello Member+

Jul 1, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Well done for turning up in here must have taken some bottle

Now kneel before the might epl

We shall have the nations league title too while we are at it

Muhahahah

14. Mean Machine

Mean Machine Member+

May 23, 2018
    Nations League is a completely different story. England definitely has a good chance of winning that. But that's the national team. Has nothing to do with the coefficient.

15. LorneMarvello

LorneMarvello Member+

Jul 1, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    ALL YOUR BASE BELONGS TO LIVERPOOL

crap final but 20 days without a competitive match

16. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was wrong, and I should have thought about that because Tottenham's spot wasn't contingent on Arsenal losing the EL Final. When Chelsea got the defending champion CL spot, Tottenham finished fourth and weren't let in. UEFA changed that. I thought it was changed twice to get back to a limit of four clubs per country, but I was wrong. Now that the CL and EL get defending champions in the CL, it's more likely that one of them will be won by a club that came from one of the four leagues with four CL spots and didn't qualify from its league. If Arsenal had won the EL to give England 5 CL spots, would England have gone down to 2 EL spots, or would eighth place Everton have gotten the third EL spot? If Everton would have gotten into the EL if Arsenal won to get in the CL, both the EL Final (not letting Everton in the next season) and CL Final (Liverpool winning) were bad for Everton.

17. Ciro Di Marzio

Ciro Di Marzio Member+

SSC Napoli
    Canada
    Jun 28, 2019
    Scampia
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    This past season English teams did amazing. I hope Napoli can make the R16 or Quarters next year, i'd love to see us in a knockout game even if we'd be underdogs. I like watching Liverpool and Man City, the pace they move at is beautiful to see.

In regards to the coefficient, I wish there were countries that could overtake each other that had meaning ... The Italy vs Germany vs England times were nice

18. Mean Machine

Mean Machine Member+

May 23, 2018
    Napoli is reinforcing their team really well, so maybe they can make knockouts. If they get a lucky draw, maybe make quarters, but the draw will have to really favor them for that to happen.

OMG I do not like Liverpool or Man City, especially Man City. Tottenham & Arsenal are my favorite EPL teams, although Liverpool is arguably the best EPL team, followed by Man City/Tottenham.

19. Ciro Di Marzio

Ciro Di Marzio Member+

SSC Napoli
    Canada
    Jun 28, 2019
    Scampia
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    We'll see what happens, I can see us getting a way more favourable draw than Inter who will end up in the group of death and same goes for Atalanta.

20. LorneMarvello

LorneMarvello Member+

Jul 1, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Liverpool and Napoli should go thru from our group on another note England slaps Italy again with wolves dumping Torino out.

How did these two get drawn against each other when you see some of the shit that goes through to the group stage ffs

Ciro Di Marzio repped this.
  21. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Europa League Playoff Round had 26 clubs in 13 pairs that started in the Europa League and 16 clubs in 8 pairs that came from the Champions League and were seeded separately. Among the 26, Wolves was 13th and the worst seeded club with a 17.092, and Torino was 15th and the second best unseeded club with a 14.945. The club in between was Spartak Moscow with a 16.000, and they lost to Braga 1-0 and 2-1.

With Torino out, four countries have all of their clubs left: Spain, England, Germany, and Portugal. France had Strasbourg lose to Eintracht Frankfurt.

22. Ciro Di Marzio

Ciro Di Marzio Member+

SSC Napoli
    Canada
    Jun 28, 2019
    Scampia
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I still don't think clubs from the top 4 leagues should be drawn together in a qualifying round but hats off to Wolves as they were clinical. Jota, Jimenez and Traore were probably the 3 that stuck out the most

23. Insigne4BalonD'or

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Apr 6, 2017
    In Hiding with Sal's mom
    My boy how u been ? I miss our dates trashing Italy azzurri fan <3

24. LorneMarvello

LorneMarvello Member+

Jul 1, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    indeed, GREAT DAYS

25. Mean Machine

Mean Machine Member+

May 23, 2018
    WOW Guys, like you really think you were trashing IAF? Maybe a few times you had better predictions but not all the time.