Italy 3-2 Brasil - World Cup 82

Discussion in 'FIFA and Tournaments' started by Lucas..., Jan 9, 2013.

1. Sandra S

Sandra S Member

Mar 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    #376 Sandra S, Jul 21, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2014
    That´s a good joke! :) Seven - the number of Brazilian football nightmare.
    The problem is that he also likes defensive football like all coaches from Rio Grande do Sul state ( South) of Brazil. He is serious, though.
    P.S.: please, how can I do here to show I like a post, like you do?

Pipiolo repped this.
  2. Sandra S

Sandra S Member

Mar 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Giles, it´s about your collection that you mencioned before. Please, would you mind sending me a message ( I write you back) through tripadvisor.co.uk - Brasília forum. I have a lot of posts there ( my nickname is F6991YGsandras) in most of last threads. You click in my nickname and a new window will show there. So, on the left side down, after "Today´s Pool" in green, you see " send a message", click there for a message, please. I send a message back. Thank you.

3. giles varley

giles varley Member+

Oct 8, 2013
    nottingham uk
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I just collect brazilian football memorabillia from the 80s and 90s mainly... Dvds , magazines etc ...
    I will message you when i get chance sandra...

4. Sandra S

Sandra S Member

Mar 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Oh... I thought you collected Brazilian football memorabillia in general...

5. giles varley

giles varley Member+

Oct 8, 2013
    nottingham uk
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Well yes i do !! Im interested in any brazil memorabillia sandra...
    At the moment i am looking for a dvd of brazil vs west germany ( 4-1) mundialito because i only have it on vhs....
    Atletico mineiro and flamengo games from 1980 - 1985 i am also collecting...
    And brazilian club shirts from the 80s ...

Pipiolo and JamesBH11 repped this.
  6. JamesBH11

JamesBH11 Member+

Sep 17, 2004
    so you must be a big fan of zico (like me?)

7. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    @Sandra S , to like a post click on "Rep". It's right next to "Quote" on the bottom right of the post.

8. BlueMan

BlueMan Red Card

Sep 4, 2006
    Brazil
    Brasil 2010 was a very good team, probably the best team at that WC. I was there in Port Elizabeth that day and I still cannot believe it. A freak accident goal changed everything, just at the moment Brasil was playing the best football of any team in the tournament.

If Dunga can put together another team like 2010, that will be a dramatic improvement over 2014.

9. JamesBH11

JamesBH11 Member+

Sep 17, 2004
    mmm I am a Brazil fan .. but well maybe so. Spain team was indeed in very good form too ...

But agree Dunga's team 2010 was surely better and more exciting than this ... Neymar+10 WC2014 of Scolari

jerrito repped this.
  10. BlueMan

BlueMan Red Card

Sep 4, 2006
    Brazil
    I don't think Spain would have overcome the Japanese referee and the own goal that day against Holland.

11. JamesBH11

JamesBH11 Member+

Sep 17, 2004
    yes but I meant honestly, that IF Brazil would win over Netherland and meeet Spain in the final, I am not sure if they will win there! (maybe by luck with PSO after 0-0)

12. giles varley

giles varley Member+

Oct 8, 2013
    nottingham uk
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Of course i am a big fan of zico james !..
    You should know that by now !

13. giles varley

giles varley Member+

Oct 8, 2013
    nottingham uk
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Any team are more exciting than 2014 brazil... Yes even 2010 brazil !

Bringing back dunga as coach to add some flair ?? !!
    I ve heard it all now...!

Pipiolo repped this.
  14. giles varley

giles varley Member+

Oct 8, 2013
    nottingham uk
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Dear lord !!! Please not dunga...
    I thought brazilians wanted a change of direction for the selecao ...
    Unbelievable !

15. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It's a ship adrift @Giles , at this point all they want is a stable mediocrity.

giles varley repped this.
  16. Roofvogel

Roofvogel Member

-
    Netherlands
    Jun 17, 2014
    Club:
    FC Groningen
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    How was it more exciting? They barely beat North Korea. It was a boring team with Fabiano and Robinho filling the void and Kaka being the main star. Bastos as LB.. LOL. Compare that to what they had four years earlier.
    I can't believe they were top favourites.. 2010 was really a low time in football, and it showed.

17. giles varley

giles varley Member+

Oct 8, 2013
    nottingham uk
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Exactly mate... Brazil have been in decline since at least 2006... They had a great team on paper in 2006 but never really played well in the world cup...
    Since that generation of players brazil have struggled to replace the likes of R9 dinho carlos cafu etc... 2010 brazil were a dull team - not much better than 2014 apart from they got better results... So in my opinion - since around 2006 brazil have struggled to produce quality players...especially attacking players...

jerrito repped this.
  18. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    It can be exciting because entertainment is subjective. It doesn't have to be free flowing "Jogo Bonito".

MatthausSammer and JamesBH11 repped this.
  19. JamesBH11

JamesBH11 Member+

Sep 17, 2004
    haha you read me well ...
    With Dunga's Exciting = Oscar and Neymar doing good tackles while David Luiz or Marcello will "fly" inside opponent box ... LOL

20. uamiranda

uamiranda Member

Jun 18, 2008
    Club:
    Vitoria Salvador
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Agree!

During the World Cup, some of brazilian press has enphisized that Seleção had lost their midfield. None was able to create. But I recently read an article by Gustavo Hoffmann (ESPN Brasil) in which he states that modern football has not be played with defending and attacking midfielders, but with players which are able to both defend and attack equally well (just like Falcão and Cerezo used to do...). Brazil should not renounce, but update joga bonito style.

21. giles varley

giles varley Member+

Oct 8, 2013
    nottingham uk
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yes brazil need to overcome this fear they have of losing..they need to stop thinking about winning at all costs.. You can still win in the modern game by playing attacking football but brazil havent got the guts to try it anymore..
    And i doubt dunga will improve things !!

22. Roofvogel

Roofvogel Member

-
    Netherlands
    Jun 17, 2014
    Club:
    FC Groningen
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Brazil has always been one of my favourite teams but I will be an anti now that Dunga is in charge again. He's a conservative on and off the pitch.

JamesBH11 and giles varley repped this.
  23. JamesBH11

JamesBH11 Member+

Sep 17, 2004
    I think you;re very right about Dunga. He is a good coach .. but Not a fit for Brazil NT ..

24. kovalt

kovalt New Member

Juventus
    Mar 26, 2015
    Greece
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    one -two to get away from all defenders , no way.Socrates pass to Serginho,then Serginho tried to turn around,Scirea kick the ball away, but the ball deflected twice in the body of Collovati and Zico, Serginho took advantage of this situatuon, finding himself alone with Zoff in a very good position, but his finishing was bad.
    at 4.oo minute.
    In 27 mins Zico made a long high ball to Serginho. Wrong ,Eder made that ball.
    at 27:eek:4
    19 mins Zico made another long through and Socrates was too fast to get over it.
    Sorry i try it to find this ball from Zico to Socrates but i can't, after the pass from Zico to Falcao in 18th minute,Falcao as you mention, lost control and miss the chance, then Falcao run outside the box , and pass to Socrates, Socrates made a through ball to Leandro, but Leandro could'nt get that ball.
    18:40-18:55

in 42 mins Gentile fouled Junior , not Zico, Gentile then tored apart Zico's shirt.Enter kick the ball straight to the wall at 48:46
    in 45 mins . Cabrini fouled Zico, and Enter kicked the ball into Tardelli's face (not Orialli) at 52:58

i watched this game yesterday, and Zico was good and assisted the first goal, but he didn't create 5 or 6 chances in the first half.

Pipiolo repped this.
  25. giles varley

giles varley Member+

Oct 8, 2013
    nottingham uk
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Thats what i ve been trying to tell james !!..
    In the whole game i cant remember any clear cut chances created by zico..some nice through balls to cerezo and falcao but no clear chances made..